Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:53 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
hawksfan515 wrote:
bestfightstory wrote:
Starrman44 wrote:

BTW - I am over 6 foot...



Don't you take issue with the OP repeatedly referring to RW as a midget? I don't think that was called for.



Honestly though, this is a great post by the OP. Let's not derail this thread, remember how the asparagus thing started? Maybe on stupid threads like that. But not this one.


Respect. Fair enough. I never did follow the asparagus thing, though. That shtick was simply beneath me. Even I have standards. I will bow out of this thread and let you guys have at it, but the OP certainly does take some pretty lame generalizing swipes at a whole group of Seahawks fans along the way to creating an overall good case for his view of the QB situation. But whatever. This is definitely not my fight.

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
Matt Ryan is currently the best of that bunch and had the most similar stats to Russell through 5 games.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 1453
Location: Victoria BC
Hawkadeus wrote:
Sad that the boa guy feels the need to turn every thread into a joke. Sorry for bothering bringing facts and figures to the table. One would think it would stoke more conversation. Maybe I should focus more on developing schtick. Seems to be what plays on this site as Mr bestfightstory is proving.

Hey great post. BTW dont worry about BFS. If it is not his post all he ever does is throw crap to mock what you have to say.

_________________
Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:08 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22908
Location: Kirkland, WA
Interesting stuff. I wonder what it'll look like at 8 games through the season.

Also, don't sweat some posters around here that troll threads and do little else, some people mistakenly think it's a high-IQ version of wit.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:57 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10254
Location: Vancouver, WA
bestfightstory wrote:
............But whatever. This is definitely not my fight.

Of course it's not your fight. Facts have been presented to support RW and his developement as a starter and that doesn't fit in with your agenda of playing Flynn and endless bashing of RW.

BTW, I'm 6' 6 1/2" and I think Wilson's gonna be really, really good.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:13 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:45 am
Posts: 104
Image not found? Can the statistics be re-posted and linked, I'd love to read them.

Thanks!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:14 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 853
debevemos wrote:
Image not found? Can the statistics be re-posted and linked, I'd love to read them.

Thanks!


Ditto...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
Hawkadeus wrote:
Sad that the boa guy feels the need to turn every thread into a joke. Sorry for bothering bringing facts and figures to the table. One would think it would stoke more conversation. Maybe I should focus more on developing schtick. Seems to be what plays on this site as Mr bestfightstory is proving.


Well played, sir.

And thanks for bringing reasoned debate to the forum. Some of us appreciated your post.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 am 
* NET Lead Admin *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 8515
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Hawkadeus wrote:
Sad that the boa guy feels the need to turn every thread into a joke. Sorry for bothering bringing facts and figures to the table. One would think it would stoke more conversation. Maybe I should focus more on developing schtick. Seems to be what plays on this site as Mr bestfightstory is proving.


Well played, sir.

And thanks for bringing reasoned debate to the forum. Some of us appreciated your post.


I think it's probably more than some.

_________________
Championships are forever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
For those requesting the image in the OP's analysis... I believe he's taken a screen grab from an article by Danny O'Neil at the Seattle Times. You can find a chart listing the comparison over the last 20 years here: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawksbl ... _comp.html

Quote:
In judging Wilson, the proper context is not to evaluate him to what other teams are doing around the league, it's to evaluate him in comparison to other rookies. And while other rookies are throwing for more yards, other rookies aren't winning more, and that's not just true this year, it's true if you look at the 20 rookies who started the first five games of the season for their team at quarterback. Take a look and see if it changes your impressions of Wilson's performance


FWIW - Flacco had one touchdown and seven interceptions after five games as a rookie, and about 30 extra yards. Matt Ryan also had about 30-40 more yards than Wilson and only a 4/3 touchdown/interception ratio. The stats are eerily similar, as are Drew Bledsoe's stats. It's worth noting that other guys like Mark Sanchez and David Carr also had similar numbers, but then Peyton Manning had 12 interceptions, four touchdowns but a lot more yardage.

But the most interesting fact is none of the QBs listed had more than three wins after 5 games. None. So although the numbers aren't great, Wilson's performance is certainly comparable to that of Flacco and Ryan and as the OP argues, nobody looks back at their slow starts anymore. So the Seahawks can be forgiven for making a similar decision and then sticking by that decision if they truly believe it's in the best interest of long term success.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:04 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:22 am
Posts: 212
OP is one the smart ones. At least a few of us are rational. Great post

_________________
"If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:09 am 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:59 pm
Posts: 47
Interesting comparisons and definitely puts things in perspective. However, of all the QB's on that list, only one (Peyton Manning) has won a superbowl.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:13 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:35 pm
Posts: 71
IndianFan wrote:
Interesting comparisons and definitely puts things in perspective. However, of all the QB's on that list, only one (Peyton Manning) has won a superbowl.


Great point. That is the only stat that really matters, isn't it?

_________________
"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not." - Yoda


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:26 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm
Posts: 2913
Location: Hamilton
This much was obvious and to those who see the big picture they know that QBs take years to create and no one is a hall of famer in week 5 of year 1.

There wouldn't be so much discussion if there weren't Flynn around though I never understood discussing Flynn because it is not as if he is some grizzled vet with previous success - there is basically no evidence that he would perform any better than Wilson.

People cling to this line of reasoning for whatever irrational bias or lack of perspective that leads them to look past the good things and not appreciate the successes of our rookie QB.

_________________
Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
Image
Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:49 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2274
IndianFan wrote:
Interesting comparisons and definitely puts things in perspective. However, of all the QB's on that list, only one (Peyton Manning) has won a superbowl.


It's a useless comparison tbh as none of them have any context.

2012 Brandon Weeden (Browns) - 30th overall
2012 Andrew Luck (Colts) - 1st overall
2012 Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins) - 8th overall
2012 Robert Griffin III (Washington) - 2nd overall (washington originally had 6th pick)
2012 Russell Wilson (Seahawks) - 3rd round
2011 Cam Newton (Panthers) - 1st overall
2011 Andy Dalton (Bengals) - 2nd round
2010 Sam Bradford (Rams) - 1st overall
2009 Matthew Stafford (Lions) - 1st overall
2009 Mark Sanchez (Jets) - 6th overall (Jets traded up heavily to select this high)
2008 Joe Flacco (Ravens) - 18th overall
2008 Matt Ryan (Falcons) - 3rd overall
2005 Kyle Orton (Bears) - 4th round (started because Grossman got injured in preseason)
2003 Kyle Boller (Ravens) - 19th overall
2002 David Carr (Texans) - 1st overall
2001 Chris Weinke (Panthers) 4th round, but went 1-15 (team had gone 7-9 and 8-8 in previous seasons then released Beuerlein in offseason before the draft)
1998 Peyton Manning (Colts) 1st overall
1998 Ryan Leaf (Chargers) 2nd overall
1993 Drew Bledsoe (Patriots) 1st overall
1993 Rick Mirer (Seahawks) 2nd overall

The general pattern being that nearly all of the QBs who started as rookies were high draft picks for poor teams in need of a franchise QB. The exceptions to those are Wilson, Weeden, Orton, Weinke, Dalton and arguably Flacco and Boller.
The ones who have been most successful are Sanchez,
Manning, Flacco and Ryan, with the exception of Manning, these QBs joined good teams who had either had one poor season (Falcons first season without Vick, had let Schaub go just before the dog-fighting investigation began, Ravens had an uncharacteristically poor season), or had traded up to get a QB (Jets, who had finished 9-7 the previous year).

Wilson is one of those players joining a good team that had a poor season (in reality, a building team that is only just now coming together), and so is walking into a great position for a rookie QB, where he won't be needed to go out and win games like Peyton Manning was, and so won't be asked to (even though he already has with his final drive against GB)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:09 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 1304
Before I say anything and get labeled with the "unintelligent Wilson hater" label, let's try to keep this civil and have a good debate.

First I am going to state the obvious, stats can be manipulated to mean anything. How many of those rookie QBs had a top 3 rushing offense and top 3 defense? Some of them may have had one or the other or both but every situation is different. How many of them played lesser competition to boost their stats? Played superior competition to lower their stats? Stats are important and do tell a part of the story but it's just a part. Wilson has 1 TD and 5 INTS over the last two games. That is a stat. I know the instant argument is almost all of those picks are not his fault but that simply proves that stats taken by themselves can tell an entirely different story.

The second part, look closely at that list. 16 of those 20 were first round picks. 11 of the 16 are top 5 picks. If a team is picking in the top 5, they either a)are a bad team (most of the time) b)traded the farm to get in the top 5 (happens, but less often). Football is a team sport. A QB with a bad team around him will likely suffer stat wise.

I've said this many times before but often when a rookie QB is starting it is because the team has no other viable option. The "Wilson haters" struggle with this because they don't believe without a doubt that Flynn is not a viable option. Flynn has shown promise in Green Bay. Before the usual crowd chimes in and says "well if Flynn is so good, why did no-one want him in free agency?" I will counter that with if Wilson is so good, why did no-one want him in the draft before the 3rd round?

Which brings me to my final point. How many of the QBs on the list are 5'10"? Wilson has yet to prove he can consistently step up in the pocket and beat the blitz with his arm, not his legs. Brees can do this, that is why he is so good. Wilson's height is a disadvantage for him and we can see it occasionally. I sure hope he can overcome it and be good this year but Wilson has a very different story than every one of those QBs on that list.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:21 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 1304
TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:
This much was obvious and to those who see the big picture they know that QBs take years to create and no one is a hall of famer in week 5 of year 1.

There wouldn't be so much discussion if there weren't Flynn around though I never understood discussing Flynn because it is not as if he is some grizzled vet with previous success - there is basically no evidence that he would perform any better than Wilson.

People cling to this line of reasoning for whatever irrational bias or lack of perspective that leads them to look past the good things and not appreciate the successes of our rookie QB.


There is evidence, no matter how small a sample size. Flynn has more TDs in one game than Wilson does in his career. Before the usual "Green Bay has godlike receivers and the Lions suck" crowd rushes in with their pitch forks, think long and hard about this:

If that is the reason that Flynn did so well, how come Rodgers has yet to break that record? Does he not play with the exact same receivers and play against the same team twice a year?

People cling to the line of reasoning that there is no way Flynn could do better and that leads to an irrational bias and lack of perspective to look past the flaws of our current QB to settle for mediocrity.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:40 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17535
Location: Graham, WA
amill87 wrote:
TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:
This much was obvious and to those who see the big picture they know that QBs take years to create and no one is a hall of famer in week 5 of year 1.

There wouldn't be so much discussion if there weren't Flynn around though I never understood discussing Flynn because it is not as if he is some grizzled vet with previous success - there is basically no evidence that he would perform any better than Wilson.

People cling to this line of reasoning for whatever irrational bias or lack of perspective that leads them to look past the good things and not appreciate the successes of our rookie QB.


There is evidence, no matter how small a sample size. Flynn has more TDs in one game than Wilson does in his career. Before the usual "Green Bay has godlike receivers and the Lions suck" crowd rushes in with their pitch forks, think long and hard about this:

If that is the reason that Flynn did so well, how come Rodgers has yet to break that record? Does he not play with the exact same receivers and play against the same team twice a year?

People cling to the line of reasoning that there is no way Flynn could do better and that leads to an irrational bias and lack of perspective to look past the flaws of our current QB to settle for mediocrity.


Now Flynn might be better than Rodgers? I done heard it all.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:00 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 2920
Location: Seattle, WA - USA
Who is taking boa guy on a date?

_________________
"Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:01 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
amill87 wrote:
People cling to the line of reasoning that there is no way Flynn could do better and that leads to an irrational bias and lack of perspective to look past the flaws of our current QB to settle for mediocrity.


Who are the people 'clinging' to that? Not one person to my knowledge has argued there is 'no way' Flynn could do better. He might do better, he might not. What most people argue is - the coaches made this decision based on judgements we could never hope to make. And the coaches had no agenda, because THEY signed Flynn in the first place. They judged Wilson was the better choice.

And most people are happy to roll with that without the weekly sky-is-falling bitch-fest just because a rookie QB is going to have growing pains.

You talk about people being irrational, yet there's nothing more irrational than clinging to one games worth of evidence to draw a conclusion. A game that has absolutely zero relevance to Flynn's situation in Seattle. He lost the job, thems the facts. Nobody is ignoring flaws within Wilson's game, they are embraced. Some people don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water because a rookie QB has had a rocky road early in his career. Perhaps - just maybe - there's a long term benefit to getting the growing pains out of the way? That's not settling for mediocrity, that's striving for the long term. It could easily be argued that settling for mediocrity is going with the former 7th round pick who's been a back up virtually his entire career (college and NFL) who couldn't beat out a third round rookie for the gig in Seattle. The same guy who after that wonderful display against Detroit, generated a free agent market that can be kindly referred to as 'lukewarm' at best. Who knows what he'd be doing right now if Seattle hadn't signed him? He might be back in Green Bay, still being a backup.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 1304
Throwdown wrote:
Now Flynn might be better than Rodgers? I done heard it all.


You are better than that. I did not say Flynn is better than Rodgers. Mearly pointed out what stats show you. Do not try to belittle your opposition by making bold inaccurate statements.


theENGLISHseahawk wrote:

Who are the people 'clinging' to that? Not one person to my knowledge has argued there is 'no way' Flynn could do better. He might do better, he might not. What most people argue is - the coaches made this decision based on judgements we could never hope to make. And the coaches had no agenda, because THEY signed Flynn in the first place. They judged Wilson was the better choice.

And most people are happy to roll with that without the weekly sky-is-falling bitch-fest just because a rookie QB is going to have growing pains.

You talk about people being irrational, yet there's nothing more irrational than clinging to one games worth of evidence to draw a conclusion. A game that has absolutely zero relevance to Flynn's situation in Seattle. He lost the job, thems the facts. Nobody is ignoring flaws within Wilson's game, they are embraced. Some people don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water because a rookie QB has had a rocky road early in his career. Perhaps - just maybe - there's a long term benefit to getting the growing pains out of the way? That's not settling for mediocrity, that's striving for the long term. It could easily be argued that settling for mediocrity is going with the former 7th round pick who's been a back up virtually his entire career (college and NFL) who couldn't beat out a third round rookie for the gig in Seattle. The same guy who after that wonderful display against Detroit, generated a free agent market that can be kindly referred to as 'lukewarm' at best. Who knows what he'd be doing right now if Seattle hadn't signed him? He might be back in Green Bay, still being a backup.



So clinging to 5 games of subpar QB play is rational? You claim Flynn has too small a sample size, so does Wilson.

Funny that you seemed to skip my first post in this thread because I addressed the whole "why did noone sign Flynn" thing. Why did no-one draft Wilson before the third round if he was so good? The argument goes both ways.

Also you may be one to blindly follow every decision the coaches make and agree with them but I do not. Almost every week, the fans are calling for Bevell's head yet we are supposed to trust him when he likely wanted Wilson to start as well? What about Carroll? Is he some kind of QB guru? Or can he actually get a QB worth a damn without having the best prospects in the country knocking down his door?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
amill87 wrote:
So clinging to 5 games of subpar QB play is rational? You claim Flynn has too small a sample size, so does Wilson.

Funny that you seemed to skip my first post in this thread because I addressed the whole "why did noone sign Flynn" thing. Why did no-one draft Wilson before the third round if he was so good? The argument goes both ways.

Also you may be one to blindly follow every decision the coaches make and agree with them but I do not. Almost every week, the fans are calling for Bevell's head yet we are supposed to trust him when he likely wanted Wilson to start as well? What about Carroll? Is he some kind of QB guru? Or can he actually get a QB worth a damn without having the best prospects in the country knocking down his door?



What am I clinging to from those five games? Have I used anything from those five games in my argument? Have you even read what I just wrote?

This is the problem with your 'argument'. First of all, you make spurious claims like, "People cling to the line of reasoning that there is no way Flynn could do better" yet when challenged as to who has actually made this opinion (nobody has) you just ignore it. You try and argue people are irrational for backing a coaching decision which appears to be a lot more educated than either you or I could ever hope to make visiting an internet chat forum. You argue people are looking beyond Wilson's flaws (they aren't, in fact I've written an entire article on them) and are 'settling for mediocrity'... when actually people are just willing to let this play out, back the team and see if a rookie quarterback can show progress over the course of the season. That to me is the very definition of a rational approach.

Nobody is saying YOU should blindly follow the coach's logic, but you better have some good evidence to back it up. No offense, but your own personal judgement is miniscule compared to the analysis made by an entire coaching staff who had zero agenda having both signed Flynn and drafted Wilson. I'm not challenging anything here - I would've supported PC's choice whether Flynn or Wilson started the year. So it's not up to me to provide any kind of 'evidence' to back up my position as humble fan.

As for 'why didn't anyone draft Wilson earlier' - well isn't it obvious? He's a 5-10 quarterback and conventional wisdom says he's unlikely to succeed. There have been a number of stigma's around the league, some have stuck - others have been disproved. Shorter QB's have worked in the league but most don't get a chance and that is understandable. That is why Wilson lasted until the third. There's no mystery why he lasted until he did in the draft.

Flynn's situation is different because despite having that big game against Detroit in an actual NFL game, without the height restrictions, with the whole 'Green Bay' schtick - his market was cold as ice in free agency. There's an obvious distinction why Wilson lasted until the third. So what was the issue with Flynn? Is it - just maybe - he isn't as good as some people hoped?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:05 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4272
bestfightstory wrote:
Wow! This guy really has Seahawks fans figured out!! Where have you been all our lives?

And how tall are you?


Seriously, the OP knows how to build a strawman argument.

The REAL bone of contention isn't whether Wilson has potential. Haven't heard a single fan say he doesn't. The bone of contention is whether Flynn would give the Seahawks a better chance to win NOW.

The key comparison isn't every rookie QB who started day one for the previous 20 years. Even if Wilson ranked at the top of that list it wouldn't matter. The key comparison is how does Wilson's first five games compare to TJacks first five last year. Last season the Hawks pass pro was atrocious. Way worse than this year. This years crew has given up 10 sacks so far. Not great. Last years gave up 10 sacks IN THE FIRST TWO GAMES. This year we have an excellent rushing attack. Last year at this time our ground game was tepid. 60 yards rushing per game less. This year, Golden Tate is finally getting it. He's become a pro. Last year, Golden Tate was still trying to get it. This year, we can pass to our TE's. Last year, our TE's were too busy with pass pro.

Yet despite all that, last season thru 5 games TJack had a higher QB rating and passed for 60 more yards per game and the Seahawks averaged more points per game than the first five games under Wilson.

It isn't even debatable. Despite Wilson's potential, he's a downgrade at QB over Tavaris Jackson RIGHT NOW. That isn't to say he won't improve beyond TJack.

The thing is, does ANYONE on here believe that Flynn isn't a better QB option that TJack? NO. Nobody thinks that for a minute. Which means it isn't even debatable that RIGHT NOW, Matt Flynn is the best QB on this team. He SHOULD be starting.

Steve Young sat on the bench in San Fran for four years because the best QB was starting. Aaron Rodgers, same thing.

The fact that Russell Wilson is the 6th best rookie QB to start day one in the last 20 years just goes to show how desperate most teams are that start their rookie QB's. Teams with better starting QB options simply do not start them, not even if their name is Rodgers or Young.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:11 am 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11210
amill87 wrote:
Wilson has yet to prove he can consistently step up in the pocket and beat the blitz with his arm, not his legs. Brees can do this, that is why he is so good.


Two responses. First, don't judge after five games.

Second of all, when you actually watch Brees, he's not really a stand-tall pocket passer. He spends many snaps sliding, shuffling, and frenetically skittering around behind the line of scrimmage looking for targets, exhibiting what everyone would call "happy feet" on most other quarterbacks. But it works for Brees.

People talk about "stepping up in the pocket", and they're right for some snaps (Wilson will have to do this at times), but in this case it sounds like taking a football platitude and assuming it applies to a QB that operates differently. Brees compensates for his height with liberal movement, creating lanes for himself with frequent shuffling that makes him look jittery and almost panicky if not for the epic touchdowns that result. He employs a much bigger pocket for himself than most QB's do, and Wilson is showing signs of figuring out his pocket too. That's how he'll succeed if he ever does.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:15 am 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11210
SalishHawkFan wrote:
It isn't even debatable. Despite Wilson's potential, he's a downgrade at QB over Tavaris Jackson RIGHT NOW. That isn't to say he won't improve beyond TJack.


By what standard do you keep concluding this? Wilson is miles ahead of T-Jack in every relevant category except yards per bloody game.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:22 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 1304
@montana

Youre right. I was a bit too generic about wilsons pocket but he needs to learn how to evade and decide.

@english

Im sorry my friend but youre missing the point. The point is stats dont show everything. And there are tons of people who thonk flynn cant be better than wilson. Hell if that were true wouldnt everyone want flynn since it would make the team better


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4272
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
SalishHawkFan wrote:
It isn't even debatable. Despite Wilson's potential, he's a downgrade at QB over Tavaris Jackson RIGHT NOW. That isn't to say he won't improve beyond TJack.


By what standard do you keep concluding this? Wilson is miles ahead of T-Jack in every relevant category except yards per bloody game.

Points per game being a pretty relevant category. And if you give this years team an extra 60 yards passing, they not only beat AZ, they probably don't have to win on a Hail Mary vs GB and maybe they pull it off vs the Rams.

Oh, and what relevant category did Wilson beat out TJack in at the first five game mark? I keep bringing it up, but no one gives any tangible evidence to refute it. Because they can't, it's irrefutable.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:46 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
amill87 wrote:
@english

Im sorry my friend but youre missing the point. The point is stats dont show everything. And there are tons of people who thonk flynn cant be better than wilson. Hell if that were true wouldnt everyone want flynn since it would make the team better


That's your response? That I'm missing the point?

Deary me, what a weak as piss debate this is. You throw a bunch of stuff out there, hope it sticks, and when someone challenges you they're 'missing the point'. Good evening, sir.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 1304
@montana

Youre right. I was a bit too generic about wilsons pocket but he needs to learn how to evade and decide.

@english

Im sorry my friend but youre missing the point. The point is stats dont show everything. And there are tons of people who thonk flynn cant be better than wilson. Hell if that were true wouldnt everyone want flynn since it would make the team better


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:01 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3186
JSeahawks wrote:
Hawkadeus wrote:
Sad that the boa guy feels the need to turn every thread into a joke. Sorry for bothering bringing facts and figures to the table. One would think it would stoke more conversation. Maybe I should focus more on developing schtick. Seems to be what plays on this site as Mr bestfightstory is proving.


Don't worry about the trolls. Thank you for the thoughtful post. Keep it up.

Yeah, no need to let someone who disagrees with the facts you provided get to you, because if you do, it will give him satisfaction knowing he has needled, and it worked.
He's wrong, and doesn't even know it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:04 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11210
SalishHawkFan wrote:
Points per game being a pretty relevant category. And if you give this years team an extra 60 yards passing, they not only beat AZ, they probably don't have to win on a Hail Mary vs GB and maybe they pull it off vs the Rams.

Oh, and what relevant category did Wilson beat out TJack in at the first five game mark? I keep bringing it up, but no one gives any tangible evidence to refute it. Because they can't, it's irrefutable.


To label Wilson a worse quarterback than Tarvaris Jackson because he fell 60 passing yards short of making his 3-2 team 5-0 is ludicrous and smells of reaching, not analysis. Same with sticking to the first five games, which is convenient for your argument but hardly an adequate sample size or fair for a rookie QB.

To address your actual point, T-Jack averaged 6.0 ppg last year. Wilson is on track for the exact same number.

T-Jack had a .73 TD-turnover ratio last year. Wilson is at .71 right now.

T-Jack had a 60% completion rate last year. Wilson is at 63.2%.

T-Jack got sacked 2.8 times last year (18 times by Week 5). Wilson's at 2.0 (10 sacks), and don't tell me that pass protection has suddenly improved. We all know how inconsistent this line has been this year except for Unger. Our right side is awful.

T-Jack has Wilson's YPA beat by about 0.4, his sack yardage beat by about 1.0, and his YPG beat by about 43 yards (T-Jack had a whopping 206 YPG), all of which fall under the "gee, big deal" category and can be easily explained away with the coaching decisions. T-Jack also stuck religiously to the right side of the field, threw his receivers into collisions (Baldwin is still recovering from T-Jack), and stood in the pocket like a statue waiting to get sacked with the ball. Wilson does none of this. I'm really failing to see the big downgrade here.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
Wilson sucks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:55 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 471
how do you like him now? :stirthepot:

_________________
I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4272
zhawk wrote:
how do you like him now? :stirthepot:

I think he turned a huge and important corner today. It's his job to lose. He proved he's a winner. It helped that they finally seemed to take the training wheels off.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:22 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
I thought this thread had a comparison chart. I'm trying to dig that one up, anyone remember which thread it was in?

It was a list of all of the rookies and had their first 5 game stats.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:32 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7723
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
SalishHawkFan wrote:
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
SalishHawkFan wrote:
It isn't even debatable. Despite Wilson's potential, he's a downgrade at QB over Tavaris Jackson RIGHT NOW. That isn't to say he won't improve beyond TJack.


By what standard do you keep concluding this? Wilson is miles ahead of T-Jack in every relevant category except yards per bloody game.

Points per game being a pretty relevant category. And if you give this years team an extra 60 yards passing, they not only beat AZ, they probably don't have to win on a Hail Mary vs GB and maybe they pull it off vs the Rams.

Oh, and what relevant category did Wilson beat out TJack in at the first five game mark? I keep bringing it up, but no one gives any tangible evidence to refute it. Because they can't, it's irrefutable.


Pssst. I pointed out the flaws in your "60 more yards first 5 games" argument a couple of different times in different threads. You just chose not to acknowledge it.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:58 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 pm
Posts: 201
Here is the chart. I fixed the original post. I venture to guess the numbers would be even better now after 6 weeks. ;)

Image

And the article I took it from:
http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawksbl ... _comp.html


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:10 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 pm
Posts: 201
I am curious as to what happened to the feather boa guy trolling this thread last week? Guy has over 5,000 posts and was calling out Wilson fans, personally insulting them,(under the guise of "humor"), then goes silent after OUR qb has a good game and leads our team to an amazing win. Last post was morning of game day. Had posted 29 times the previous two days, and most days prior.

I am not saying this as an attempt to call out a fellow fan, more as an effort to bring to light why it's stupid to get so crazy opinionated about our own players. Especially negatively so. And especially why its important to have a level head and pay attention to stats like my post tried to do, as opposed to popping off emotionally. This guy here seems to be just as big of a fan as any of us. Yet he got so into ripping on one player, and the fans who supported him, that he now isn't able to enjoy the win with the rest of us. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's only coincidence. But something doesn't smell right.

Come on people. Team over ego. We're all Seattle Seahawks fans!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:38 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
I read the argument several times on this page that Wilson lasted until the 3rd, so he must have some inherent flaw. This argument is then used to justify the reasoning for starting Flynn. So to those who keep bringing this up... have you bothered to consider what round Flynn was drafted in? Hint..... it was NOT the third round. Care to explain why?

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:38 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am
Posts: 6755
What are/were the QBs on the list's red zone rankings/effectiveness? 3rd downs? The comparisons in the list don't really address the points of a lot of the people who haven't been happy with Wilson and the OP appears to ignore that. I'm not, nor have I been, beating the drum for Flynn, but the way some people categorize those who think he is the better choice for this season at least as midget haters and so on are every bit as lame. To be honest, the conclusions you can reach using the OP's little list are minimal. In the meantime, I'm hoping Wilson matures into s legit NFL starter.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17586
Location: The beautiful PNW
I think more to the point, and something a few of us have been pointing out repeatedly, is that there are a number of very good quarterbacks on that chart with some incredibly bad starts to their careers. A few games into a rookie season does not define a quarterback, nor does it damn him to inadequacy or mediocrity. Even quarterbacks with very good defenses weren't the best starting out.

The thing to take from watching him is this: he has learned and progressed from every game he's played in. First couple of games he was criticized for overthrowing. That hasn't been a problem at all the last few. He was then criticized for being inefficient in third down conversions. Again made stark improvements after. Then he was criticized for poor play in the red zone and a failure to score touchdowns. He did much better there against New England.

He still has a lot to learn, and I'd guess he'd be the first to tell us that. But he's progressing, and doing so at a pace far better than many imagined he might.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
I suspect a few people are laying low... waiting for the inevitable bad game which almost certainly will come. It could happen on Thursday. He's a rookie and for all the progress he's shown so far, he's probably going to have another Rams game where he throws three picks and struggles a bit. It's all part of the process. But as Sailor notes above, the fact he's learning from mistakes and making clear improvements validates why he's starting. He wouldn't be learning anything sat on the sidelines. And the learning process hasn't hampered the teams ability to win four games against teams like New England, Green Bay and Dallas. So even if certain people return to crow after Wilson's next bad game... more fool them.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:25 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10244
Location: Helm's Deep
Honi soit qui mal y pense. Right, Rob?

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:38 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
peachesenregalia wrote:
Honi soit qui mal y pense. Right, Rob?


No shame here, peaches. I think Hawkadeus has a point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:44 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10244
Location: Helm's Deep
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Honi soit qui mal y pense. Right, Rob?


No shame here, peaches. I think Hawkadeus has a point.


That's what I meant. Shame on those who think ill of Wilson after he has an inevitable bad game this season. He's a rookie, and he's doing very well do far.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
Ah right... I've got you.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:13 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11210
peachesenregalia wrote:
Shame on those who think ill of Wilson after he has an inevitable bad game this season.


That's an almost-understandable byproduct of rookiedom. If Peyton Manning shows a bad day to his fans, they don't care. He's proven that he can come back.

If Russell Wilson shows a bad day to HIS fans, all anxious and on tenterhooks in regard to his potential, it's not just a bad day but a possible indictment on his future. Add Matt Flynn to the mix, and you realize that Wilson was never gonna get a fair shake until he threw a stat line like Sunday's.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:43 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am
Posts: 6755
Hawkadeus wrote:
I am curious as to what happened to the feather boa guy trolling this thread last week? Guy has over 5,000 posts and was calling out Wilson fans, personally insulting them,(under the guise of "humor"), then goes silent after OUR qb has a good game and leads our team to an amazing win. Last post was morning of game day. Had posted 29 times the previous two days, and most days prior.

I am not saying this as an attempt to call out a fellow fan, more as an effort to bring to light why it's stupid to get so crazy opinionated about our own players. Especially negatively so. And especially why its important to have a level head and pay attention to stats like my post tried to do, as opposed to popping off emotionally. This guy here seems to be just as big of a fan as any of us. Yet he got so into ripping on one player, and the fans who supported him, that he now isn't able to enjoy the win with the rest of us. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's only coincidence. But something doesn't smell right.

Come on people. Team over ego. We're all Seattle Seahawks fans!

If you had a sense for context, and any kind of knowledge about who actually knows whom in this community, you'd realize how utterly ignorant you come across in this post. Stick to regurgitating Danny O'Neil articles.


Last edited by MysterMatt on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:48 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10244
Location: Helm's Deep
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Shame on those who think ill of Wilson after he has an inevitable bad game this season.


That's an almost-understandable byproduct of rookiedom. If Peyton Manning shows a bad day to his fans, they don't care. He's proven that he can come back.

If Russell Wilson shows a bad day to HIS fans, all anxious and on tenterhooks in regard to his potential, it's not just a bad day but a possible indictment on his future. Add Matt Flynn to the mix, and you realize that Wilson was never gonna get a fair shake until he threw a stat line like Sunday's.


Still, honi soit qui mal Russell Wilson pense. there.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson VS Every Single Rookie Starter of Past 20 Yrs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:58 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
MysterMatt wrote:
Hawkadeus wrote:
I am curious as to what happened to the feather boa guy trolling this thread last week? Guy has over 5,000 posts and was calling out Wilson fans, personally insulting them,(under the guise of "humor"), then goes silent after OUR qb has a good game and leads our team to an amazing win. Last post was morning of game day. Had posted 29 times the previous two days, and most days prior.

I am not saying this as an attempt to call out a fellow fan, more as an effort to bring to light why it's stupid to get so crazy opinionated about our own players. Especially negatively so. And especially why its important to have a level head and pay attention to stats like my post tried to do, as opposed to popping off emotionally. This guy here seems to be just as big of a fan as any of us. Yet he got so into ripping on one player, and the fans who supported him, that he now isn't able to enjoy the win with the rest of us. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's only coincidence. But something doesn't smell right.

Come on people. Team over ego. We're all Seattle Seahawks fans!

If you had a sense for context, and any kind of knowledge about who actually knows whom in this community, you'd realize how utterly ignorant come across in this post. Stick stick to regurgitating Danny O'Neil articles.


This

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.