Schneider vs other NCF West GM's

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see Sando do a breakdown of NFC WEST 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks by games started, played, and % of snaps.

I bet Seattle has this one by a wide margin

Sea
1- DE Irvin (5 gms 4.5 sacks)
2- MLB Wagner (5 gms 29 tkls 1.5 sks)
3- QB Wilson (5 gms 800yds 5 td's)
4- RB Turbin (5gms rush 71yd 7 rec 47yds)

SF
1- WR AJ Jenkins (0 gms)
2- RB LaMichael James (0 gms)

STL
1- DT Brockers (2 gms 2 tkls)
2- WR Quick (5 gms 1 Catch 19yds)
2- CB Jenkins (5 gms 24 tkls 1 INT)
2- RB Pead ( 5 gms 1 catch for 4 yds that's it)
3- CB Trumain Johnson (5 gms 5 tkls)

AZ
1- WR Floyd (5 gms 6 catches 60 yds 1 TD)
3- CB Fleming (5 gms 12 tkls)

pehawk

Reaction score
I thought the LaMichael James pick was horrible, I just never saw how he'd translate to the NFL successfully. Is he hurt? Playing?

My belief in the Seahawks having superior GM's and ownership to all other NFC West teams, leads me to believe we'll perennial favorites.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":x84f558u said:
I thought the LaMichael James pick was horrible, I just never saw how he'd translate to the NFL successfully. Is he hurt? Playing?.

Just heard a Lamichael interview on the radio yesterday. He's healthy just buried on the depth chart. Sounded pretty frustrated with his situation down there in SF (actually said he wishes he was back at UO so he could play some football). I think he can be a good NFL RB but i'm not sure he's a good fit in what Harbaugh likes to do. I think he'd be great on a team like Philly, GB or NE where they like to spread the field a little bit but he doesnt fit in SF's smash mouth approach.

olyfan63

Reaction score
So we have SF coach and GM not on the same page on the LaMichael James pick, apparently.
Makes me glad we have PC/JS totally on the same page! And our results (as listed by OP) show that PC/JS are doing a good job of evaluating talent for the schemes they run, so that the talent brought in actually plays and contributes!
PC/JS are making all the talking head "experts" like Mel Kiper look like tards.

Rat

Reaction score
Janoris Jenkins is looking like the best pick any team in the division made so far. Greg Zeurlein should get a mention on the Rams list as well. Pretty ridiculous weapon for a sixth round pick.

Seahawks look like they had the deepest draft in the division so far though. Looking like a very forgettable draft for the Niners, although it's early and it's not like their roster had a lot of room for rookies. There's a reason the Rams have something ridiculous like 17 rookies on their roster while the Niners have very few.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, actually, the Rams GM has gotten my attention, for sure. Agreed on Janoris, but, I'm not who wouldn't have taken him there.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
I hope LMJ can mature a little bit and just keep practicing. Its not that he isnt ready (possibly), its that he's behind two very good runners, and with brandon jacobs finally healthy, theres really nowhere he can contribute. Same goes with our rookie WR AJ jenkins. Hopefully they can learn from our veteran players and next year they'll have something to show!

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
I think LMJ was a good pickup for a change of pace back, but I wonder that as well. When will he get some playing time? My guess is that he only will if someone goes down since the other backs are playing well right now. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
olyfan63":3thkrkcc said:
So we have SF coach and GM not on the same page on the LaMichael James pick, apparently.
Makes me glad we have PC/JS totally on the same page! And our results (as listed by OP) show that PC/JS are doing a good job of evaluating talent for the schemes they run, so that the talent brought in actually plays and contributes!
PC/JS are not always on the same page its just that PC has the final say so your not going to end up with a drafted player not playing as often as other GM/HC duos

kearly

Reaction score
I always thought it was silly how Jenkins fell well out of the 1st round basically because of some colorful off the field activities. To me he was the most talented corner in the draft, better than Claiborne. I never expected Seattle to draft him but it stung seeing the Rams get him in the 2nd round.

The Rams clearly had the 2nd best draft after the Seahawks. Already they have gotten tremendous ROI on two of their late picks: Zuerlein and Richardson, the former looks like the best kicker in the NFL and the latter looks like Steven Jackson's replacement in the not too distant future.

Brockers, Quick, Pead, and Johnson were all "meh" picks at the time that don't look any better today, but Jenkins was a homerun pick the moment it happened and looks no less brilliant in retrospect.

Overall, I'd easily give both the Rams and the Seahawks "A" grades at this stage, with the Rams getting it done with late picks and the Seahawks getting it done early.

Rainger

Reaction score
olyfan63":al232ixf said:
Everyone was Poo Pooing the idea that the coach would pick his GM to work beside him because"it has never been done before and "someone" needs to be in charge" well I think PC has shown the NFL there is another way to run a FO. I would not trade the model we currently have and the people int he postions for any Fo in the league.