The Russell Okung appreciation thread.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Okung is 2nd in the league in penalties. Breno is 4th. At least according to Seabowl, i'm too lazy to do the research myself.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
JSeahawks":358akd6w said:
Okung is 2nd in the league in penalties. Breno is 4th. At least according to Seabowl, i'm too lazy to do the research myself.

Well the last few games, Okung's been kicking ass on the left side when he's not false starting. Wish I could say the same for Breno.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Yeah but, Okung has shown he has talent, Breno? not so much and he's running around like an angry bear

rastahawk

Reaction score
Look closely you'll see him backout like a Mac truck before the snap. Hopefully he's got it all figured out now. I think its partly also due to the fact that we have a rookie QB calling the snaps.

olyfan63

Reaction score
To me it seemed many of Okung's penalties occurred because he was injured (ankle?) and playing through it, but needed an extra half-step to make up for his less-than-quick injured feet. Anyone know the details of Okung's physical health over the course of the season so far? And in fact, there were more times Okung could have been flagged for getting early (false) starts, but got away with it.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I feel like some of the time he just times the snap perfectly and so he moves just slightly before everybody else. I think it looked (especially to the replacement refs) like a false start when really it wasn't, or was at least very very close.

aku

Reaction score
Throwdown":6jutzkfy said:
Yeah but, Okung has shown he has talent, Breno? not so much and he's running around like an angry bear
Well, he's definitely having a rough time in pass protection, but I thought Breno was doing a pretty good job in the run game actually.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
This thread is crazy. Does the original poster pay attention? Okung gets called for 2-3 penalties a game! How can one not notice that? I like the guy and all, but he's been a bit off so far this season.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Yeah, Okung has been noticed for all the bad reasons.

So far, his rookie year has been his best as a pass protector. Last year was riddled with false starts, holds, and too many sacks. This year I think the sacks are down, but the penalties are up.

He's doing work as a run blocker, though. But, IMO, he's one of the OL players that needs to step it up.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":1yjfvr6v said:
This thread is crazy. Does the original poster pay attention? Okung gets called for 2-3 penalties a game! How can one not notice that? I like the guy and all, but he's been a bit off so far this season.

He's learning quickly. Not any penalties last game, if I recall correctly, and his pass pro is stout as anyone else (save Unger) on our line.

Latest posts