Finally, a good article about our offense....

hawksfan515

Reaction score
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/10/form ... -read.html

Russell Wilson and Darrell Bevell props too!

Darrell Bevell dialed up a new wrinkle, the read option, and the team executed it perfectly for 19 yards.

Note that Miller was wide open underneath, but Wilson chose to the deeper receiver. This is a big deal for Wilson, who has been making the conservative choice far too often in his first four weeks. If you watch the play in full speed, you see Wilson make a first read, come off of it and find Baldwin. It was a good sign of progress for Wilson.

Is anyone else starting to get excited for our offense? Wilson came off that first read here, and he probably doesn't do that in the Cardinals game. When people say our offense is bad, they are missing a few important factors:

1. Russell Wilson is a rookie who studies more tape than this guy plays World of Warcraft

Wow nerd south park cambiojoe hoovdizzle

2. Our offensive line has been a weakness. A big reason for this has likely been they haven't had time to gel. Well, they are getting better from week to week..... I no longer piss my pants when I see a heavy blitz coming at us. The only one I don't trust is Giacomini, and even he looked improved in the 2nd half against Charles Johnson.

3. The WR's/TE's get more chemistry with Wilson. We are really starting to see this happen. Sidney Rice had his biggest game with Wilson yet. Wilson is trusting Rice more. Wilson is also trusting Miller more as well. Very encouraging.

4. If all of the above improves, who benefits? The strength of our offense, the running game, benefits from this, and I suspect we will see Lynch take over more games in the future. That is ALWAYS fun to watch.

Middling offense, here we come!

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm totally with all this. I wasnt here duing the game, so I was VERY surprised how down people still were after the Panthers game. I saw HUGE progress in every facet. The kind of progress usually signaling it's was another quarter away from gelling.

Sac

Reaction score
Something I think is interesting is that if you look at what Drew Brees, another short QB has, is excellent interior protection from the guard position. That pass pro creates throwing lanes for him. We've had a constant shuffle at guard between McQ, Carp, and Moffit. The only constants have been the tackles and center.

He's done ok, but once we've got Moffit back healthy and Carp up to speed at LG, look out NFL.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm very encouraged by the progress shown by Russ and the offense this last game. RW was perfect down the middle! That's fricking insane! Remember as late as last Saturday people were saying there were no Slants or throws down the middle because RW really was having trouble seeing over the line? What was his stat vs the Panthers? Something like 12/12 for 160 odd yards? Would've been over 200 yds if not for Jackoweenie's holding penalty.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
-The Glove-":36ijxwrm said:
I'm very encouraged by the progress shown by Russ and the offense this last game. RW was perfect down the middle! That's fricking insane! Remember as late as last Saturday people were saying there were no Slants or throws down the middle because RW really was having trouble seeing over the line? What was his stat vs the Panthers? Something like 12/12 for 160 odd yards? Would've been over 200 yds if not for Jackoweenie's holding penalty.

Yeah right now Breno is handcuffing the offense.

sutz

Reaction score
I would also like to point out how those improvements were made on the road, in a hostile environment.

With a little home cooking and some encouragement from old #12, maybe they could score some points on the Patsies. ;)

Scoring points and sustaining drives is a good way to make a good defense look great, too. :)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawksfan515":35t5u0a6 said:
-The Glove-":35t5u0a6 said:

Yeah right now Breno is handcuffing the offense.

Now that you mention it, yes, he has been. That's why Pete made him ride pine for a series. He single-handedly nullified a beautiful 50+yd completetion to Tate because of his completely unecessary penalty. If that isn't 'hand cuffing' the offense, what is it...helping??