Question for Hawk fans...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Question for Hawk fans...
Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:48 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:To sum it up for Pats fans: would you rather go with the rookie who looks like he could be a Tom Brady, or the veteran backup with three starts that looks like he could be a Drew Bledsoe?



    LOL BB went with Bledsoe for a year so Brady could learn the offense and get comfortable lol.. and Bledsoe was good for like 4 years.. :P
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 290
    Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am


Re: Question for Hawk fans...
Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:55 am
  • Like everyone has said, Flynn looked fine and capable, but Wilson just took the Seahawk Nation by storm and was effin dominant in the preseason. Hopefully after last weeks game the reigns will come off a little bit more, but I doubt it. I think because it IS the Pats, and what the forecast is calling for that the Seahawks are gonna try and turn this into a slobberknocker, last time they forced a game like that was when they demoralized the Cowboys. I don't ask this to be a douche, I ask because I really just don't know, but can the Pats play a grind it out beat the holy hell out of another team and take a beating game?
    Last edited by Throwdown on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18809
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Question for Hawk fans...
Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:58 am
  • PatsFanNH wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:To sum it up for Pats fans: would you rather go with the rookie who looks like he could be a Tom Brady, or the veteran backup with three starts that looks like he could be a Drew Bledsoe?



    LOL BB went with Bledsoe for a year so Brady could learn the offense and get comfortable lol.. and Bledsoe was good for like 4 years.. :P


    You say this as though Bledsoe was only a temporary placeholder for Brady. IIRC, Bledsoe was paid a ridiculous contract the year they drafted Brady (something like 10 years/100 m.) I doubt even BB knew what they had in Brady that first season.

    Edit: Did some research, Bledsoe was re-signed a year after they drafted Brady.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    User avatar
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2024
    Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
    Location: Vancouver, Wa


Re: Question for Hawk fans...
Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:08 pm
  • Flynn's salary is not a big deal given Wilson basically here on a premium. The way I see it is The Seahawks are spending (let's round) say 3 million dollars at the QB position in 2012, it doesn't matter how it's broken up...that 3 million still has to be spent. It's not on PC to pay these guys, he just needs to put who he believes is the best on the field. Besides, the owners rich b#!!!


    That being said, Wilson lit it up in the off season and won the job straight up. Personally, I feel the decision took a little too long and is hampering is performance so far. His chemistry with the receivers has been lack luster...but!....showing definite signs of improvement...can't wait to see what will happen when the offense is on the same page! It's going to be awesome.


    Go Hawks.
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2108
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


Re: Question for Hawk fans...
Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:10 pm
  • PatsFanNH wrote:I ask about the trade possibility because a team say Like Buffalo could give up as much as a 1st rounder to get Flynn (or at least a 2nd rounder) and while the hawks are vastly improved every team could use another high 2nd round pick or even earlier first round pick.


    We already gave them TJack :lol:
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2591
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Wa


Re: Question for Hawk fans...
Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:23 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    PatsFanNH wrote:I ask about the trade possibility because a team say Like Buffalo could give up as much as a 1st rounder to get Flynn (or at least a 2nd rounder) and while the hawks are vastly improved every team could use another high 2nd round pick or even earlier first round pick.


    We already gave them TJack :lol:


    Which is why the posts about us "not being able to trade Flynn" are ridiculous. I bet I read 1,000 posts about how it would be impossible to trade TJ since he was making $4 million. Well guess what, we got something out of him. If Flynn gets any playing time this year (whether through injury or because we are kicking the crap out of someone), his trade value could go up substantially. Besides, if the rookie QBs have proven anything this year it is that it is difficult to come in and start as QB. RW is tied for the best win loss record for all rookie QBs in the past 20 years, and he has been assisted by a phenomenal D and a great rushing game. Different teams will be in the market this year, different QBs will get hurt or bomb out, Flynn will be worth something guaranteed.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    User avatar
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1767
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm
    Location: Las Vegas, Nevada


Re: Question for Hawk fans...
Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:32 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Like everyone has said, Flynn looked fine and capable, but Wilson just took the Seahawk Nation by storm and was effin dominant in the preseason. Hopefully after last weeks game the reigns will come off a little bit more, but I doubt it. I think because it IS the Pats, and what the forecast is calling for that the Seahawks are gonna try and turn this into a slobberknocker, last time they forced a game like that was when they demoralized the Cowboys. I don't ask this to be a douche, I ask because I really just don't know, but can the Pats play a grind it out beat the holy hell out of another team and take a beating game?



    1st Snow doesnt stop the Pats passing game and if anything slippery conditions are BETTER for theReceiver as he knows where he is going while the CB could lose their balance. So the Pats will pass alot still.


    As for the slobberknocker game, I THINk they can do it now with these running backs especially since teams cant key on the running game even in bad weather.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 290
    Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am


Re: Question for Hawk fans...
Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:42 pm
  • PatsFanNH wrote:lol ok, do you see the Hawks trying to trade one of these two QB's in the offseason? (be silly have such a high salary for a back up QB.)


    The Seahawks look at it as salary paid to a position...so they are spending X amount on the QB position, it doesn't matter to them if the starter or the backup is making more of the pot than the other.

    They have the luxury to do that because Wilson is making 3rd round rookie money. His salary combined with Flynn's is STILL less than what a lot of teams pay their starting QB.

    If Wilson were to get really good and be worthy of a pay raise in an extension, by that time Flynn will be nearing the end of his contract.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11297
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Question for Hawk fans...
Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:50 pm
  • Don't worry, Flynn will get his chance this year.

    In week 17, after we beat the 9ers and seal the division and the #1 spot in the NFC, he'll get to throw for a franchise record 500 yards and 7 TDs against the Rams ....exactly like he did to Detroit when he was in Green Bay. (putting up monster digits in a meaningless game)
    Image
    User avatar
    chawx
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1055
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Salt Lake City, UT




It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information