Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Patriots @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Each and every year when I begin my FPT's I begin predicting with my head, not my heart. I try to base my predictions not on the noise of my fellow collective diehard, but what I think is most likely going to happen. Then, at some point in the season, like clockwork, I try to follow a trend. Maybe I picked against the Seahawks and they won. Next time I better pick against them so they will win again!

Completely and utterly irrational.

Yet surprisingly, it works more often than you might think.

The point in all of this is to simply reinforce the obvious: These prediction threads are pointless, but fun all the same. There's not a Soul alive that can predict the outcome of sporting events with 100 percent accuracy. If they could, they would make Paul Allen look homeless by comparison. Still, it doesn't make it any less fun to see if you're right! After all, you have a 50% chance of picking the right team with each prediction. You would take those odds any day at the card table in Vegas.

This is going to be a very good test for our team at home. If we lose a game or two at home this year, certainly this could be one of them. I still like the Seahawks in this one because of that "12th Man Magic" that transforms good players into great ones. This can neutralize any opponent and we've seen it happen for years. The Patriots will give us everything we can handle. The Seahawks can win, but will they?

In honor of following trends I say not this week. (You see what I did there.)

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 17 - Patriots 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 2-3

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I've picked Seattle in every game to this point, so there's no reason to break the trend...

But I'm going to. I have a bad feeling today that the Patriots are going to penny and nickel us to death. (3 and 5 yard completions)

Patriots 27 - Seattle 17.

3-2 on the season.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
I am Biased, but with the 49ers on Thursday, and knowing Carroll a good coach and has prepped his team already for that game as it is 10,000X more important than a non conference game, no matter who the Opponent is..

I see the final score as:

Pats 30
Hawks 9

Pats score 21 points off of Miscues on your O. AND if my prediction is right, I say this.. it doesnt prove a damn thing but your team was looking ahead to the 49ers and got caught flat footed. 9although proves your D was damn good only 9 points for the Pats O directly.)

Slick

Reaction score
CMON MAN!!! You're supposed to be the dissenting voice in this thread. :sarcasm_off:

PatsFanNH":r5iyv7s6 said:
I am Biased, but with the 49ers on Thursday, and knowing Carroll a good coach and has prepped his team already for that game as it is 10,000X more important than a non conference game, no matter who the Opponent is..

I see the final score as:

Pats 30
Hawks 9

Pats score 21 points off of Miscues on your O. AND if my prediction is right, I say this.. it doesnt prove a damn thing but your team was looking ahead to the 49ers and got caught flat footed. 9although proves your D was damn good only 9 points for the Pats O directly.)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I've been wrong on every game so far this year. Lets hope it continues.

Pats 27
Hawks 13

I don't think the Hawks have the firepower to keep pace with the mighty patriot offense

Record: 0-5

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Been going with my preseason predictions every week. You can see by my record how that turned out. Let's hope the trend continues!

Patriots 24
Seahawks 17

My Record to Date: 0-5

sam1313

Reaction score
Screw you guys. Hawks win a nail biter again.

Hawks 24
Pats 20

I don't think I've posted in this thread this year, but I did lose $77 on the Cards game.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":etwmprmd said:

Really? I can see thinking your team is that much better, but who in the world looks past the Patriots at home?

anyway, I love our D but I don't think we can score enough points to win. And our patsy fan's point about our O giving points is a valid one.

20-10 Patriots.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1tf9str1 said:
PatsFanNH":1tf9str1 said:

Really? I can see thinking your team is that much better, but who in the world looks past the Patriots at home?

anyway, I love our D but I don't think we can score enough points to win. And our patsy fan's point about our O giving points is a valid one.

20-10 Patriots.

You have a short week, you face the 49ers on THURSDAY. Hardly enough time to draw up a good game plan for stopping their O and getting points on their D. Now you guys are very familiar with eachother, but IMO I be shocked if they had not worked on a few things for that game late this week.

I mean a DIVISION game with only 3 days to prepare, oh and the manditore day off on Monday so only 2... see the problem... That game uber important for the Hawks to win.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Patriots 21 Seahawks 20
Defense plays great - Wilson plays well....but we just come up short.

TCS

Reaction score
23-20 Hawks...

This game will be tight but I predict our D taking one to the house late in the 4th quarter to take the lead. D then shuts down Brady and Co. for the win.

GO Hawks!

tcs

Hawknight

Reaction score
This defense is going to bring hell with them and introduce Brady to our sacking crew.

Seahawks 35

Splats 24

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Defense makes Brady work but he comes up with enough, igniting continued vague arguments about how our offense isn't "enough" to win games.

Patriots 24
Seahawks 20

RTD: 2-3 (but on a 2-game streak)

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Nobody scores on this defense at home. Especially touchdowns.
Seattles Red Zone defense is too tough.
(However, I did have N.E. scoring 3 times)

17 - 13 Hawks

endzorn

Reaction score
Leroy Hill sacks Brady and tears his arm off in the process. Hill then stands up and beats Brady repeatedly with the arm as part of his sack dance. Hill is suspended and Brees wants answers.
Seahawks win 2-0.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":3669o1ec said:
Patriots 21 Seahawks 20
Defense plays great - Wilson plays well....but we just come up short.

This.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":17z0z0u1 said:
I've been wrong on every game so far this year. Lets hope it continues.

Pats 27
Hawks 13

I don't think the Hawks have the firepower to keep pace with the mighty patriot offense

Record: 0-5
:13: I'm 0-5 myself and looking to be 0-6. I do think Seattle scores some points but so does NE.

Pats 23
Hawks 20

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
It's easy to picture this another close game where the offense just can't quite capitalize on what the defense gives them and comes up just a little short. It's already happened twice this year. Besides, this is the point in a rookie quarterback's first season where we tend to see regression, where he hasn't quite kept his learning pace with the tape that's starting to build on him. We've seen it with almost every other quarterback out there. Hard to argue Wilson will be that different. And it's the first game of a very tough schedule, that, considering the opponents, is a lot tougher than it appeared at the beginning of the year.

But we're 2-2 in those close games. They've capitalized as many times as they haven't, and they're starting to gel. We're starting to see things between the receivers and quarterback that we've been wanting - screaming/begging/pleading - to see. We're seeing some promise in the passing game. We're seeing that same stingy defense, not giving up but a handful of touchdowns on the year. And we're seeing it all at home in a big, big game.

This time the offense squeaks it out. This time they avoid the messy turnovers, the dumb mistakes, the backbreaking penalties, and the stalled drives. This time they punch it in just enough to counter Brady's massive offensive attack, helped just enough by a very tough and opportunistic defense that gets the turnovers they kept missing the last couple of games.

Seahawks 27
Patriots 20

Now pass me some more of that damned Kool-Aid!

Latest posts