Some respect from Belichick

PatsFan0X

Reaction score
Don't get too silly about that. BB does that to ALL our opponenentns. The other team could be 0-5 and he'll still say that they're a "Really good team, well coached, great in all 3 phases, should be a tough game." Btw... I didn't even click your link and I'm sure he said any one of those things.

It's probable tho that he REALLY could mean it this time with the Seahawks. ;)

OP
OP
Nunya

Nunya

Reaction score
PatsFan0X":1zlko6zw said:
Don't get too silly about that. BB does that to ALL our opponenentns. The other team could be 0-5 and he'll still say that they're a "Really good team, well coached, great in all 3 phases, should be a tough game." Btw... I didn't even click your link and I'm sure he said any one of those things.

It's probable tho that he REALLY could mean it this time with the Seahawks. ;)

He went into a little more specific detail then he normally does.

drdiags

Reaction score
Bill is famous for giving props to all 53 players from the opposing team. Same as he did with our beat writers. I am with the Pat fan. I don't read much into it

sutz

Reaction score
I believe they call that "Coach Speak." It's how they fill in the empty space between the questions with "answers" that don't provide their opponents with bulletin board material.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I didn't read this particular link, but I heard clips of one of his pressers this week, and his knowledge of our team and players, especially the depth players, seemed very in tune to reality. All coaches do the coach speak....pete talks up every team every week as well, but most coaches talk about the bigger names and higher talented players on the team. "BB" seemed to know the strengths of even the guys least likely to make a play. One thing I'll give him, is he's not coming into this week ill prepared, and I doubt he ever does

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, IIRC Belichick is known as a guy that prepares as well or better than any coach in the league, and having interesting new twists for almost every game. It seems like every game he comes up with a new wrinkle that takes advantage of his opponent's weaknesses, something that he hasn't shown before.

kearly

Reaction score
Wow, that was an excellent breakdown of the Seahawks by Belichick. His attention to detail really impressed me.

morgulon1

Reaction score
kearly":2wp2de4t said:
Wow, that was an excellent breakdown of the Seahawks by Belichick. His attention to detail really impressed me.

I watched a documentary on Belichick on NFL network. Dude gets it done. Period. It will take a lot of preparation to beat his team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It is hilarious to me that after all these years the Boston media still tries to get Bill to give up some tidbit on his own players.

But, he for sure knows his opponents.

A

Anonymous

kearly":yg9u9omj said:

He certainly does his homework, that's for sure.

Almost like he had someone filming practice...