Found this a while ago. Been keeping it for Patriots week.

uncle fester

Reaction score
So I found this while clearing out some old stuff from my younger days. Bit of a blast from the past, & I thought the optimism in the accompanying copy (enlarged) would give folks here a chuckle.

This centre-page piece was from the old NFL newspaper "First Down" - the only source of news for us in the UK at the time other than the Sunday evening TV highlight show. I remember being shocked that the Hawks were even in the paper - the traditional East Coast bias, as I recall, was not restricted by the Atlantic Ocean.

Hopefully Marshawn can do something like this down at the goal line on Sunday. (I checked, Warren scored & Hawks won 10 - 6 that day)

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3uxc28y7 said:
PatsFanNH":3uxc28y7 said:
lol you do know the Pats well SUCKED in 1992 right? lol

Eh, so did the Hawks. At least on one side of the ball.

lol well we were one year away if I remember correctly for SUCKING FOR BLEDSOE lol

volsunghawk

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":3j6jsm87 said:
volsunghawk":3j6jsm87 said:
PatsFanNH":3j6jsm87 said:
lol you do know the Pats well SUCKED in 1992 right? lol

Eh, so did the Hawks. At least on one side of the ball.

lol well we were one year away if I remember correctly for SUCKING FOR BLEDSOE lol

Yup, you guys picked #1 and grabbed Bledsoe. We picked #2 and got Mirer.

pehawk

Reaction score
Didnt we play the Pats twice that year also? Rare scheduling thing.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Volsung,

I still say Mirer with the right COACH would have been a good QB in the NFL. but then again I liked him in college lol

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I swear the Pats tanked that game for that #1 pick. If we were smart that year, we would have tanked worse. We barely won it as it was. The consolation prize just didn't cut it.

Warren had a nice year, especially considering that o-line. I don't know how the hell they produced a 1000 yard rusher cause in pass blocking they were the worst I've ever seen, inlcuding college ball. But that was the year of Tez. Why wasn't he the feature of that article?

pehawk

Reaction score
Nevermind, 1993 the Hawks played the Pats twice.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
pehawk":3nj4d2l7 said:
Nevermind, 1993 the Hawks played the Pats twice.
Back when the NFL had three divisions per conference (and before expansion to Jacksonville and Carolina) four divisions had five teams and two (NFC West and AFC Central) had four teams. To balance things, the two "fifth place" teams (by conference) played each other twice the next season because they had no equivalent "fifth place" Central or West team to play.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wow, that's a neat find. And yea, I remember those days back when both teams were bad. I remember a school I had in Texas in the mid-1990s where my instructor was a die-hard Pats fan, just after a really rough patch for them. Funny to see how trends in the NFL change. Asked in the 1990s if anyone could envision the Pats as a dynasty team and perennial contender, I doubt few would say they could. And that change could very well be seen for Seattle over the next decade.

PatsFan0X

Reaction score
I remember my first Pats game.. Superbowl vs the Bears. We got whummped. I was in 5th grade maybe? Yeah... cried for an hour after they lost. 30 something years later they lose to the Giants in 2 more Super Bowls and I still cried. *sigh*

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Those old Pat's and Hawks' uni's were bad-a$$, too bad the teams were not awesome during those very lean years. I wish the 90's game rules were still in effect for this defense.

BTW, the new Hawks uni's, I've come around on, big improvement from the 2000 uni.