Dem REFFS!!!!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Dem REFFS!!!!
Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:11 pm
  • So I really hope that the referee's in the Pat's game do not want the other team to win as badly as the referees at the Panther's game did because that crap was ridiculous I mean really? I know we got away with a DPI call but it really felt like the referees really were not wanting us to win...... anyone else agree? Yes I know that some calls against us were legit but holy smokes......
    hudsonhawk19
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Dem REFFS!!!!
Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:13 pm
  • at least 5x I counted..............
    Darrenv17
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:16 pm
  • As Seahawk fans, aren't we used to this?
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:17 pm
  • I pointed this out the day the replacement refs were gone. The "real refs" HATE the Hawks.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:22 pm
  • It was really really bad today.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:25 pm
  • That "missed" Offensive PI on Steve smith pushing Sherman was laughable. ANY other team gets that call.
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:28 pm
  • Sorry. You can blame the Panthers. We get bottom of the barrel officiating crews and Fox announcers.
    googoodan
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:31 pm
  • There were about 4 or 5 we DEFINITELY didnt deserve and some that were questionable
    Its just too bad 3 of them were on Lynch's biggest gains...hmmmmm :327321_Spy_23.22:
    he wouldve had about 120 rushing otherwise
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:34 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:That "missed" Offensive PI on Steve smith pushing Sherman was laughable. ANY other team gets that call.

oh you mean where he decleated the Sherman right in front of the ref and it was like nothing happened? i remember that :evil:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:27 pm
  • I looked at this objectively. I thought the 40 yard DPI (missed) call was a huge play for us. I wouldn't say this evens out the missed one on Smith by any means.

The Obo holding call hurt off the edge, but he did actually hold him a bit at the end. Most would let that go though. The Giac hold on the 50 yard bomb was clearly a penalty. I thought the PI on browner on 3rd and 4 was questionable do to the fact that Newton rifled it into the ground.

Clearly the worst call of the game was on Okung to wipe out Lynch's 100 yard day. I can't imagine how calls like that are made. it's stunning. Are your eyes seeing what they want to see?

Anyways, i think we honestly are to blame for a lot of them if we look at this breakdown of the major penalties:

Against Hawks:
    -Giacomini negates 50 yard TD (go call)
    -Giacomini 15 yard unsportsmanlike (questionable but it wasn't at all necessary. The whistle may not have blown but it certainly wasn't going to influence the play. He's just looking to land a good blow.)
    -Obo holding call (Probably fair if you look at the replay, but it's rarely called when someone's hands are on the inside)
    -Browner PI on 3rd and 4. He held the WR a bit out of the break but the ball was not catch-able in my opinion
    -Clemons late hit on Newton. This was probably the most eggheaded play of the game for the Hawks. I love Clem but, there is no room for late hits on QB. He was late AND he pile drove him into the ground. This extended the drive after a 3 and out and would have given us the ball at the 50 yard line (most likely) up 6-0 with 2 minutes left. Due to undisciplined we end up going to halftime up 6-3 when it could have easily been 9-0 or 13-0.
    -Holding on Okung 20 yard run negated and 10 yards further back. I would say this one was pretty even to the missed PI call on Browner which would have been 40 yards.

Against Panthers:
    PI call on Browner (40 yards)

On a whole, if we played more disciplined, I don't think we'd be talking about this.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 pm
  • I like that we still won even though the refs were clearly not on our side...not the same old Hawks!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:54 am
  • Since the GB game we've got a bulls eye on our back :stirthepot:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:05 am
  • I think some of you are drinking a little too much conspiracy theory Kool Aid.

Our rash of penalties are a product of a few factors, none of which are "the league hates us."

1. We're not a very good football team, and most of the teams we play aren't that great either, so we get the #14 or #15 officiating crew just about every weekend.
    2. The Hawks have been in the top 5 most penalized teams in the league ever since Carroll got here. That means lots of undisciplined stupid penalties.
    3. Very aggressive defense and offensive line. Very aggressive = lots of holding and PI calls.
    4. Bad Reputations. Players like Sherman, Browner and now Giacomini have developed reputations, so they're never going to get the benefit of the doubt. In fact, just the opposite, the refs are looking for them to hold and be stupid.

Where were all you conspiracy theorists during the Holmgren era when we were one of the least penalized teams in the league? Penalties are a direct result of the coaches. Carroll likes his players to play loose and aggressive......so we're seeing the result of that with penalties.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:19 am
  • When Smith body slammed Sherman on a play that was not near the actual play and directly in front of ref only a few yards away and the call was holding and not a personal foul, I was very frustrated. Everytime Lynch broke off a good rub I qas looking for a mysterious flag and wasn't disappointed
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:29 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:I looked at this objectively. I thought the 40 yard DPI (missed) call was a huge play for us. I wouldn't say this evens out the missed one on Smith by any means.

The Obo holding call hurt off the edge, but he did actually hold him a bit at the end. Most would let that go though. The Giac hold on the 50 yard bomb was clearly a penalty. I thought the PI on browner on 3rd and 4 was questionable do to the fact that Newton rifled it into the ground.

Clearly the worst call of the game was on Okung to wipe out Lynch's 100 yard day. I can't imagine how calls like that are made. it's stunning. Are your eyes seeing what they want to see?

Anyways, i think we honestly are to blame for a lot of them if we look at this breakdown of the major penalties:

Against Hawks:
    -Giacomini negates 50 yard TD (go call)
    -Giacomini 15 yard unsportsmanlike (questionable but it wasn't at all necessary. The whistle may not have blown but it certainly wasn't going to influence the play. He's just looking to land a good blow.)
    -Obo holding call (Probably fair if you look at the replay, but it's rarely called when someone's hands are on the inside)
    -Browner PI on 3rd and 4. He held the WR a bit out of the break but the ball was not catch-able in my opinion
    -Clemons late hit on Newton. This was probably the most eggheaded play of the game for the Hawks. I love Clem but, there is no room for late hits on QB. He was late AND he pile drove him into the ground. This extended the drive after a 3 and out and would have given us the ball at the 50 yard line (most likely) up 6-0 with 2 minutes left. Due to undisciplined we end up going to halftime up 6-3 when it could have easily been 9-0 or 13-0.
    -Holding on Okung 20 yard run negated and 10 yards further back. I would say this one was pretty even to the missed PI call on Browner which would have been 40 yards.

Against Panthers:
    PI call on Browner (40 yards)

On a whole, if we played more disciplined, I don't think we'd be talking about this.

Well on there only offensive scoring drive when newton had that long run...... Big Red got held so blatently like he would have crushed Newton and the ref had a perfect view..... I am more talking about the lack of holding calls for the Seahawks D really.....
    hudsonhawk19
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:39 pm
  • ^that play had me screaming angrily
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:49 pm
  • grizbob wrote:Since the GB game we've got a bulls eye on our back :stirthepot:

why, what happened in that game ?
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:23 am
  • lukerguy wrote:Are your eyes seeing what they want to see?

This is actually very common, every person on the planet does it; you have to be smart and a little humble to acknowledge it and compensate for it, though. Which of course, most people don't do. It's called confirmation bias. You have to realize that your own mind/subconscious does it automatically if you want to overcome it.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:36 am
  • I don't believe it is a bias thing
    How often have we had ref threads after a win?

I was honestly wondering if the officials pooled their money and bet on Carolina.

The officiating in that game was way worse than anything with the scabs and it was mind boggelingly (new word) blatant.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:16 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I think some of you are drinking a little too much conspiracy theory Kool Aid.

Our rash of penalties are a product of a few factors, none of which are "the league hates us."

1. We're not a very good football team, and most of the teams we play aren't that great either, so we get the #14 or #15 officiating crew just about every weekend.
    2. The Hawks have been in the top 5 most penalized teams in the league ever since Carroll got here. That means lots of undisciplined stupid penalties.
    3. Very aggressive defense and offensive line. Very aggressive = lots of holding and PI calls.
    4. Bad Reputations. Players like Sherman, Browner and now Giacomini have developed reputations, so they're never going to get the benefit of the doubt. In fact, just the opposite, the refs are looking for them to hold and be stupid.

Where were all you conspiracy theorists during the Holmgren era when we were one of the least penalized teams in the league? Penalties are a direct result of the coaches. Carroll likes his players to play loose and aggressive......so we're seeing the result of that with penalties.

:13: Great post!
    Fanatics
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:25 pm
  • After being given a game by the refs, I don't think we have the right to complain.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:33 pm
  • TJH wrote:After being given a game by the refs, I don't think we have the right to complain.

Given a game by the refs? When was that? I must have missed it.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:39 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:1. We're not a very good football team.

Really? #1 defense, #1 or #2 rushing offense and we're not a very good football team?

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:1. We're not a very good football team.

Really? #1 defense, #1 or #2 rushing offense and we're not a very good football team?

Zing!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:32 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:-Clemons late hit on Newton. This was probably the most eggheaded play of the game for the Hawks. I love Clem but, there is no room for late hits on QB. He was late AND he pile drove him into the ground. This extended the drive after a 3 and out and would have given us the ball at the 50 yard line (most likely) up 6-0 with 2 minutes left. Due to undisciplined we end up going to halftime up 6-3 when it could have easily been 9-0 or 13-0.

While it was the right call, it was also the right thing in my opinion. Well maybe a little less pile drive, but he hit him as Cam threw and Clem can't really see if the ball was out or not. You can't half-ass sacking sacking Cam Newton. Frustrating though.

Ref's suck and we don't often get calls. Hopefully we'll survive.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 pm
  • JKent82 wrote:While it was the right call, it was also the right thing in my opinion. Well maybe a little less pile drive, but he hit him as Cam threw and Clem can't really see if the ball was out or not. You can't half-ass sacking sacking Cam Newton. Frustrating though.

Pass rushers have to keep an eye on the QB so they know whether to pull back, or not. End of story.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:58 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    JKent82 wrote:While it was the right call, it was also the right thing in my opinion. Well maybe a little less pile drive, but he hit him as Cam threw and Clem can't really see if the ball was out or not. You can't half-ass sacking sacking Cam Newton. Frustrating though.

Pass rushers have to keep an eye on the QB so they know whether to pull back, or not. End of story.

Alright fine :(

But for me, it was close enough that I don't think Clem could know with his head going off the side of Cam's chest. Then again I only saw it once on the telecast. Need to avoid the pile drive for sure. Either way we need less late hits and more sacks. :th2thumbs:
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information