Bobby Wagner is the NFL’s most underrated rookie

docj78

Reaction score
A short blurb, but good to see the guy getting props. He's been rock solid! :th2thumbs:

6. Bobby Wagner is the NFL’s most underrated rookie: I brought up this point on Twitter, too (shameless plug: @ChrisBurke_SI), but it’s worth repeating. Wagner has been very solid early for Seattle and had his best game Sunday, recording five tackles and two sacks. He’s extremely quick to the football — he made multiple plays against Carolina by chasing the ball to the boundary.

http://nfl.si.com/2012/10/09/second-rea ... xid=cnnbin

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Wagner has been getting better and better. He's played well this season - especially for a rookie playing the Mike and making all the calls. He's assignment correct and he's starting to play more instinctively.

You know how we know he's been good? You haven't heard anything about him other than positive things.

By this time next year, he may very well be one of the top 5 MLBs in the league. His speed is impressive.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
We got two studs in Bruce & Bobby... two of the most criticized picks at the time by the national me dia have played absolutely lights out.

dunceface

Reaction score
This is exactly why I don't get all the doom and gloomers!
I love this team right now! Especially our youth!
When there are numerous people on our roster that are obviously young and obviously playing well and obviously have huge potential, there is so much to be optimistic about...
:kool-aid:

Jac

Reaction score
Getting an effective (in year one) pash rushing DE and a starting QB in one draft is almost impossible. Adding a MLB that fits right in with an elite defense from day one, an effective RB that could start if necessary...then if Sweezy, Scruggs pan out...wow!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Heater has been gteting blasted in NO.

I think our draft has been the best so far this year. Who knew? JS and PC, that's who.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2e1a050x said:

I think our draft has been the best so far this year. Who knew? JS and PC, that's who.

Heater was big-time overrated around here. I said it back when he was a Hawk, and I'll say it again now.

sam1313

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3h8n0otm said:
KARAVARUS":3h8n0otm said:

Heater was big-time overrated around here. I said it back when he was a Hawk, and I'll say it again now.

Come on now, Heater was just a different type of linebacker. Heater absolutely blew up some running plays, and had a great abilty to stuff plays for no gain. If he was still here I would reckon he would go in on 3rd and 4th and 1 stituations because he could hit harder and stuff a play better than Wagner.

That said, Wagner is a better overall player, and I am more than happy with the switch. I am also more than happy that we are paying Wagner pennies, and NO is paying Heater $5 million/year. I just don't think that the hate against the Heater is justified.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I'm not hating on Heater. Once a Hawk, always a Hawk. (not Hutch) He literally is getting blown up in NO. Not hate. Truth.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2f7m46gr said:

can you elaborate? Has he been playing pretty poorly? I saw that Lofton was racking up tackles for them