Carroll's Week 6 Press Conference

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If people finally learn when to make noise and when not to, it'd be awesome.

Anything of substance in the presser?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3f20h598 said:
If people finally learn when to make noise and when not to, it'd be awesome.

Anything of substance in the presser?

So far, there's been a lot of the basic stuff, and then a lot of questions on Pete's history with the Patriots and USC (USC is coming to town this weekend). Still listening. Work keeps interrupting me though

gubernaculum

Reaction score
Looks like more Zach Miller this week. He expects our defense to be what he fully imagines it could be in 2-3 years when they can draw upon their experiences with each other, and the situations that they have faced. He's definitely looking for the 12th man to be a factor. Praised the Patriots organization, and head coach for utilizing each player's talents to the max. Both of the Pats TE are expected to play this week. -No team gives you more problems on offense...

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sounds like Moffit and Howard are still no go and he said Max (Unger) has a little something, but didn't sound like anything that would affect his ability to play this weekend.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Very enjoyable presser, thanks. It was basically shooting the breeze with Pete on his philosophies about the no huddle. Cool insights.

The Radish

Reaction score
I was really interested in his statement of the NFL being light years behind college ball in the way they use big, fast, linebackers that can cover the field, and ours being the only team doing that at this time.

Using big fast guys to play the entire field rather than the big slow guys to just hit people and that there is getting to be fewer opportunities for that type of player in the future for linebackers.

And his comments about NE not playing the college game, just the college tempo. I had never thought before of that being an advantage for him as he's seen it first hand. And that explains why so many of the "talking heads" don't believe in his style of play.

And maybe we are at the leading edge of where the NFL will be playing wise in the next 3-5 years. Cause his comment about the league not being willing to change until some team forces them to.

:les:

sam1313

Reaction score
His comment about NE only have 2! three and outs for the season (scary), and having either 101 or 110 first downs (apparently an NFL record), made me go "gulp!"

But his enthusiasm for this team, how good we are at such an early stage of their development, and his desire to "keep the band together" is really cool and made me smile!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
gubernaculum"He expects our defense to be what he fully imagines it could be in 2-3 years when they can draw upon their experiences with each other said:
How insane does THAT sound?

"This defense? Yeah, it's been playing well, but wait and see what they're like in a couple of seasons."

droooooooool....

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I was going to be at this game but unfortunately the economy has castrated my Hawk fund.

So I will be relying on you guys to cheer even louder in my place.

Seems we have had more false starts than the opponents lately, bring it 12th man.

/drinks another Makers Mark

GO HAWKS!