Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:02 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 723
Location: Austin, Texas
Just a heads up that NFL Network's show "Fantasy Football Live" will feature an interview with Golden Tate tomorrow. The show starts at 2pm EST.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3410
Over/Under on how many questions will be about the tateception?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:11 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am
Posts: 290
therealjohncarlson wrote:
Over/Under on how many questions will be about the tateception?


If I was a Hawks fan I be like "sweet we got a W we didnt deserve" if I was a Packers fan I be so POed especially if they miss the PO by one game.. oh I be so mad lol.... I can see both sides though..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:14 am 
NET Starter
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:34 pm
Posts: 323
We "might" have got a TD we didn't deserve, but we did deserve to win that game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:16 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am
Posts: 290
Jase wrote:
We "might" have got a TD we didn't deserve, but we did deserve to win that game.



I stand corrected since I didnt see anything but HIGHLIGHTS for that game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:18 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22880
Location: Kirkland, WA
PatsFanNH wrote:
If I was a Hawks fan I be like "sweet we got a W we didnt deserve" if I was a Packers fan I be so POed especially if they miss the PO by one game.. oh I be so mad lol.... I can see both sides though..


Proper officiating throughout that game has us winning it 7-6, by the way. No phantom PI on Kam Chancellor at midfield on 3rd down on the Packers's only TD drive, and they punt.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:18 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2280
PatsFanNH wrote:
therealjohncarlson wrote:
Over/Under on how many questions will be about the tateception?


If I was a Hawks fan I be like "sweet we got a W we didnt deserve" if I was a Packers fan I be so POed especially if they miss the PO by one game.. oh I be so mad lol.... I can see both sides though..


If they miss the playoffs that's entirely on them. It's the sign of a loser to blame one's inability to get the job done on something in the past. The fact is the SEattle loss was only their 2nd. If Gb doesn't make the playoffs they will have no one but themselves to blame as they will have lost 4-5 more games after SEattle.

They control their own destiny even still. If they fall apart they have no one to blame but themselves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:20 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7666
Location: Maple Valley, WA
The national media failed to show any highlights of Rodgers getting sacked 8 times in the first half alone, or Russell Wilson's fantastic Soap-on-a-Rope TD throw to Golden Tate earlier or the blatantly bad "pass interference" call on Kam Chancellor which extended the Packers drive which led to their go-ahead score, nor any of the other dominate plays we made. No it was all about the controvesial call in the end that should have never had to happen in the first place for us to win that game.

We deserved to win that game regardless of the fact that the only highlight reel the national media watched of that game was that last play.

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:24 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am
Posts: 290
Well I for ONE am glad it happened, we got the real refs back because of it... :) the fake ones were killing my Pats with their AWFUL calls.. (how you call a FG good when it clearly misses I still dont get.. lol)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:25 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:01 pm
Posts: 905
Quote:
We deserved to win that game regardless of the fact that the only highlight reel the national media watched of that game was that last play.



over and over and over andover!!!!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:26 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7666
Location: Maple Valley, WA
Indeed, that, and our win of course, were the two good things to come out of that play. :)

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:20 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3183
PatsFanNH wrote:
therealjohncarlson wrote:
Over/Under on how many questions will be about the tateception?


If I was a Hawks fan I be like "sweet we got a W we didnt deserve" if I was a Packers fan I be so POed especially if they miss the PO by one game.. oh I be so mad lol.... I can see both sides though..

Did you not see the play from the back side?, because if you had, you wouldn't be saying that Tate didn't catch that ball.
The bias media will never admit that that view of the play even exists.
The TD gesture made by the Ref was the right one.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:48 am
Posts: 605
Yup, nobody wants to talk about how Tate's left hand was on the ball first and never left it. Apparently WR's in the NFL only have right hands.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:06 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:38 am
Posts: 922
Location: Anchorage, AK
I agree with ^. Plus that Tate had BOTH feet on the ground while Jennings only had ONE foot down. Not even discussed.....

_________________
Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:10 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am
Posts: 290
Guys NO ONE outside of Seatle who is not a Hawks fan will EVER say thats a TD. EVER! It is not worth arguing over it is done.. you got the TD.. you won.. no one can take that away from you. TRUST ME I know I have the TUCK RULE from 01 so I understand where you are coming from.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:32 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 am
Posts: 402
I talked to a couple of Packer fans who said the call couldve gone either way, they just say it was a ridiculous turn of events. They said their team has bigger issues to worry about though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4272
PatsFanNH wrote:
Well I for ONE am glad it happened, we got the real refs back because of it... :) the fake ones were killing my Pats with their AWFUL calls.. (how you call a FG good when it clearly misses I still dont get.. lol)

We here in Seattle are not happy to see the same corrupt refs who handed out Super Bowl XL rings like Welfare checks to the Steelers. Or who consistently call the game against the Hawks week in, week out. It may be nice when you're one of the NFL's annointed teams, then the refs don't try to sway the game against you, but having referees who bungled the game, but did so honestly and equally to both sides was like a cool breeze on a hot summer day to us Hawk fans.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:39 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:14 pm
Posts: 453
Location: Mountain Home, Idaho
Great now we get GoldenGate: Pats fans edition. It was a catch. Tate had one hand on the ball simultaneously and kept it there. When his feet hit the ground first he had two hands on. Jennings looked like he was fighting for his life to get that ball in the Q13 angle. Catch, touchdown.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:44 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:14 pm
Posts: 453
Location: Mountain Home, Idaho
SalishHawkFan wrote:
We here in Seattle are not happy to see the same corrupt refs who handed out Super Bowl XL rings like Welfare checks to the Steelers. Or who consistently call the game against the Hawks week in, week out. It may be nice when you're one of the NFL's annointed teams, then the refs don't try to sway the game against you, but having referees who bungled the game, but did so honestly and equally to both sides was like a cool breeze on a hot summer day to us Hawk fans.


Also, this.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5528
Location: Kansas City, MO
That catch is like the undead it just keeps coming back and will never go away. It's done move on already because it's time to beat the Patriots.:)

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:45 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
PatsFanNH wrote:
Guys NO ONE outside of Seatle who is not a Hawks fan will EVER say thats a TD. EVER! It is not worth arguing over it is done.. you got the TD.. you won.. no one can take that away from you. TRUST ME I know I have the TUCK RULE from 01 so I understand where you are coming from.


Image
link
Then everyone outside of Seattle (plus at least one guy in Vancouver) is a stupid asshole that believes everything that the ass hats at ESPN spoon feed them.

PS: I love how huge this picture is! :)

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:58 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am
Posts: 290
LOL guys doesnt matter HOW many times you try convince others it will not work. This is your equevalant to the tuck rule. 9which Wass called correctly, but is a horrible rule.)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:21 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
I have a picture of Golden Tate holding the ball with two hands and both feet on the ground. That's all I need. The Tuck rule was pretty grey, was it batted, did it slip, did he touch the ball with the left hand finishing the passing motion? That's a lot of grey.

This is not grey; two hands on ball, two feet on ground, touchdown. Tie goes to the offense and has for generations. This is such a non-event it's stupid. Tate made a helluva catch. It's what he does. The Seahawks nad Golden Tate should sue ESPN for defamation and libel.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:29 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am
Posts: 290
CanHawk,

I see ONE hand on the football the other reaching for it while the Defender has COMPLETE control of said Football. It was so obvious to the CRAP officials that the 2 judges GAVE DIFFERENT SIGNALS! So happens the one from a real college program called it an INT while the other from HS football called it a TD. YOU know as well as everyone else knows with REAL officials thats a pick and games over period. Seahawk fans are the ONLY ones who will EVER EVER say thats a TD, which is fine, I personally could care less these dopey officials are gone and the real ones are back. (Pats lost TWO games because of the dopey officials. and I for one am convinced it is because they were biased and HATED the Pats because they were fans of other teams..) So if anything I am glad it happened it forced the NFL to get the real officials back.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:42 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
Image

Meanwhile, on the ground... Tate has 2 hands on the ball after BOTH players have completed the reception (y'know, that thing you have to do to actually have the catch count... Megatron, please pick up the white courtesy phone). Touchdown Sehawks.

But hey... numnumnumnum. Tastes good ESPN! Can I please have another helping Mr. Dilfer? Please tell me what I think Steve Young. I know you've had 86 concussions and now have a brain that resembles vanilia pudding that's been left in the sun, but you won a super bowl and are yelling so therefore you am smart.

Speaking of knowing rules, do you know that the official rule makes no mention of needing "complete" control or some degree of supirior control over the other player? Just says "simultanious control". Shows what you know. What, did Steve forget to mention that part in one of his hate mongering rants?

ESPN can HMD. We won that game straight up by the rules and I wont have any east coast dick heads try to tell me otherwise.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:47 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am
Posts: 290
OMG thats ON the ground! And it isnt obvious to you who has CONTROL of that football!?!?! and you say the TUCK rule was questionable but not this!!! Also right hand UNDER Jennings points to him trying play CB and knock it away or back up in the air. Not to a catch that if ANYTHING proves an INT not a catch.. my god Jenning had COMPLETE CONTROL of that football not Tate.. But whatever I am not goin to convince you and your picture prove the opposite to me that they do to you.. in the NFL thats an INT.. that day it was not...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:53 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13477
Location: King In The North
Not worth arguing about.

Image

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:53 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
PatsFanNH wrote:
OMG thats ON the ground! And it isnt obvious to you who has CONTROL of that football!?!?! and you say the TUCK rule was questionable but not this!!! Also right hand UNDER Jennings points to him trying play CB and knock it away or back up in the air. Not to a catch that if ANYTHING proves an INT not a catch.. my god Jenning had COMPLETE CONTROL of that football not Tate.. But whatever I am not goin to convince you and your picture prove the opposite to me that they do to you.. in the NFL thats an INT.. that day it was not...


Wait, so...if the receiver has both hands on the ball, and the defensive player has one hand on the ball and one hand on the receiver's hand.....that's an INT?

Man, I've had it all wrong all these years. Thank you, sincerely, thanks for correcting my thought process here. I always thought a receiver having two hands on the ball with feet down inbounds was a catch, but I guess not.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:57 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am
Posts: 290
peach,

I am letting it go... ok? You guys BELIEVE it a TD FINE! Like I said NO one who isn't a SEAHAWK fan will ever agree. And I bet dollars to donuts every one of YOU when you first saw ith thought it was an INT as well, because that is how it is always called... But I degress its over and AGAIN this is your TUCK RULE forever.. welcome to the party.. I been fighting that battle for 10 years...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:01 am 
NET Rookie
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 282
PatsFanNH wrote:
therealjohncarlson wrote:
Over/Under on how many questions will be about the tateception?


If I was a Hawks fan I be like "sweet we got a W we didnt deserve" if I was a Packers fan I be so POed especially if they miss the PO by one game.. oh I be so mad lol.... I can see both sides though..


If the Packers won, they'd have a W they didn't deserve. Their only touchdown drive came after a bullshit defensive PI on a play that would have forced a punt.

And you know what? After the Testaverde helmet "TD" that caused the hawks to miss the playoffs by one game in 1998, I will take this call no matter if it was a bad call or not. If the Packers miss the playoffs by one game, oh well, shit happens.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:01 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
So...you won't address my question then. How does receiver's two hands on ball and CB's one hand on ball, one hand on receiver's hand = INT?

You're letting it go, I'm not, because you made a nonsense statement and I'd like you to explain it.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:03 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
peachesenregalia wrote:
PatsFanNH wrote:
OMG thats ON the ground! And it isnt obvious to you who has CONTROL of that football!?!?! and you say the TUCK rule was questionable but not this!!! Also right hand UNDER Jennings points to him trying play CB and knock it away or back up in the air. Not to a catch that if ANYTHING proves an INT not a catch.. my god Jenning had COMPLETE CONTROL of that football not Tate.. But whatever I am not goin to convince you and your picture prove the opposite to me that they do to you.. in the NFL thats an INT.. that day it was not...


Wait, so...if the receiver has both hands on the ball, and the defensive player has one hand on the ball and one hand on the receiver's hand.....that's an INT?

Man, I've had it all wrong all these years. Thank you, sincerely, thanks for correcting my thought process here. I always thought a receiver having two hands on the ball with feet down inbounds was a catch, but I guess not.


We're not from the east coast so we're clearly not smaat about football n stuff... This guy's funny though. He keeps going on and on about who has "control" of the football or who has "more control" of the football when the rule doesn't say a damn thing about control.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:05 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
CANHawk wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
PatsFanNH wrote:
OMG thats ON the ground! And it isnt obvious to you who has CONTROL of that football!?!?! and you say the TUCK rule was questionable but not this!!! Also right hand UNDER Jennings points to him trying play CB and knock it away or back up in the air. Not to a catch that if ANYTHING proves an INT not a catch.. my god Jenning had COMPLETE CONTROL of that football not Tate.. But whatever I am not goin to convince you and your picture prove the opposite to me that they do to you.. in the NFL thats an INT.. that day it was not...


Wait, so...if the receiver has both hands on the ball, and the defensive player has one hand on the ball and one hand on the receiver's hand.....that's an INT?

Man, I've had it all wrong all these years. Thank you, sincerely, thanks for correcting my thought process here. I always thought a receiver having two hands on the ball with feet down inbounds was a catch, but I guess not.


We're not from the east coast so we're clearly not smaat about football n stuff... This guy's funny though. He keeps going on and on about who has "control" of the football or who has "more control" of the football when the rule doesn't say a damn thing about control.


Oh....he must be wicked smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat....

He's probably a Janitor at Harvard, but he's smaata than all the College students and professors. He probably lives by himself and has relationship problems. His best friend is probably Ben Affleck.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:05 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am
Posts: 290
peach,

He had 2 hands and mre so it was in HIS GUT! Your WR Tate was trying rip it away.. a clear and by every REAL REF an INT.. NO ONE who wasnt a Hawks fan ses that as a catch. NO ONE! But thats because everyone else is wrong and the hawks are right its a conspiracy because everyone hates the Hawks?? This BAD AWFUL CALL MADE the NFL go back and get things done with the real REFS.. trust me if there was an angle showing proof it was truly a dual reception the NFL shown it to save face, instead they got HUGE EGG on their face and they knew it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:08 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7666
Location: Maple Valley, WA
Zebulon Dak wrote:
Not worth arguing about.

Image


LMAO!! Love it!

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:09 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am
Posts: 290
CANhawk,

Amazing how only HAAWK fans think they made the catch, not even Packers arch foes believe it to be a catch.. but yes.. the rule book says yada yada..According to your definition then their been many a team who lost because the rule is NOT interpreted that way.. hmmm wonder why? could it be called comman sense.. no this never happened before this happens almost every time a hail mary goes up and is caught..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:11 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am
Posts: 290
Funny thing I dont hate the Hawks, i think I even said stand corrected when someone said you earned the victory.. but seems a ot here either dont read the full thread or lack reading coprehension.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:19 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
You're right. I hope comman sense prevails this Sunday.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:23 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14122
Location: Portland, OR
Anyway...did anyone catch the Tate interview which was what this was originally about? (I don't have NFLN)

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:40 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7666
Location: Maple Valley, WA
I like in the interview Tate (who has a fantasy team) says he's benching Brady this weekend because he doesn't think he will do too well against Seattle's D.

He also was debating whether to start himself which he finally said he was going to.

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:47 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7666
Location: Maple Valley, WA
He also said that the Patriots D has some good players but they have been studying film all week and have come up with some plays that should be big for the Hawks.

:snack:

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 723
Location: Austin, Texas
Just saw the interview myself after getting home from work and even though it was pretty short, I was glad that the guys at NFL Network didn't even bring up "THE CATCH" during the interview. I fully expected them to throw that out there, but they never mentioned it and just stuck to fantasy football stuff. Glad to know they're over it.

Also, I love how the NFL Network guys are talking about benching Brady, Ridley, and Co. against the Seahawks. Our D is getting a lot of love from these guys.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:13 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2280
PatsFanNH wrote:
CanHawk,

I see ONE hand on the football the other reaching for it while the Defender has COMPLETE control of said Football. It was so obvious to the CRAP officials that the 2 judges GAVE DIFFERENT SIGNALS! So happens the one from a real college program called it an INT while the other from HS football called it a TD. YOU know as well as everyone else knows with REAL officials thats a pick and games over period. Seahawk fans are the ONLY ones who will EVER EVER say thats a TD, which is fine, I personally could care less these dopey officials are gone and the real ones are back. (Pats lost TWO games because of the dopey officials. and I for one am convinced it is because they were biased and HATED the Pats because they were fans of other teams..) So if anything I am glad it happened it forced the NFL to get the real officials back.



I disagree my friend for few reasons. It was has been confirmed that the REPLAY officials in that game were NOT replacement guys (they were normal refs) and they allowed the play to stand. To me that is evidence that this play was not so cut and dry as MNF broadcasters would lead you to beleive. The fact is by the time Jennings had possession of the ball-- ie both feet on the ground (you can't have possession without feet on the ground), Tate had both feet on the ground and both arms around it and was nearly on his arse. Also I find it interesting that everyone says Jennings had it in chest. How is that possible if Tate's arm was between Jennings and the ball. His 1 arm never left the ball. The rule doesn't differentiate between who has "more control."

In it my opinion and evidence suggests I'm right that the play was called properly according to the rules. However, it doesn't pass the eye test. Similarly, the Tuck rule was called perfectly according to the rules, though 90% of America beleived it to be a fumble INCLUDING Tom Brady. Just as Megatron's catch 2 years ago looked like a catch to most Fans, though it was called an incompletion.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but if you look at the actual facts one has to admit that it isn't so cut and dry and all everyone made it out to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiD9cF48AE0


Last edited by jlwaters1 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:27 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11172
Location: Antioch, CA
jlwaters1 wrote:
PatsFanNH wrote:
CanHawk,

I see ONE hand on the football the other reaching for it while the Defender has COMPLETE control of said Football. It was so obvious to the CRAP officials that the 2 judges GAVE DIFFERENT SIGNALS! So happens the one from a real college program called it an INT while the other from HS football called it a TD. YOU know as well as everyone else knows with REAL officials thats a pick and games over period. Seahawk fans are the ONLY ones who will EVER EVER say thats a TD, which is fine, I personally could care less these dopey officials are gone and the real ones are back. (Pats lost TWO games because of the dopey officials. and I for one am convinced it is because they were biased and HATED the Pats because they were fans of other teams..) So if anything I am glad it happened it forced the NFL to get the real officials back.



I disagree my friend for few reasons. It was has been confirmed that the REPLAY officials in that game were NOT replacement guys (they were normal refs) and they allowed the play to stand. To me that is evidence that this play was not so cut and dry as MNF broadcasters would lead you to beleive. The fact is by the time Jennings had possession of the ball-- ie both feet on the ground (you can't have possession without feet on the ground), Tate had both feet on the ground and both arms around it and was nearly on his arse. Also I find it interesting that everyone says Jennings had it in chest. How is that possible if Tate's arm was between Jennings and the ball. His 1 arm never left the ball. The rule doesn't differentiate between who has "more control."

In it my opinion and evidence suggests I'm right that the play was called properly according to the rules. However, it doesn't pass the eye test. Similarly, the Tuck rule was called perfectly according to the rules, though 90% of America beleived it to be a fumble INCLUDING Tom Brady. Just as Megatron's catch 2 years ago looked like a catch to most Fans, though it was called an incompletion.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but if you look at the actual facts one has to admit that it isn't so cut and dry and all everyone made it out to be.


That's what it boils down to. To the eye test, it was an INT. To the rulebook, it's a TD.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:33 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
HawkFan72 wrote:
jlwaters1 wrote:
PatsFanNH wrote:
CanHawk,

I see ONE hand on the football the other reaching for it while the Defender has COMPLETE control of said Football. It was so obvious to the CRAP officials that the 2 judges GAVE DIFFERENT SIGNALS! So happens the one from a real college program called it an INT while the other from HS football called it a TD. YOU know as well as everyone else knows with REAL officials thats a pick and games over period. Seahawk fans are the ONLY ones who will EVER EVER say thats a TD, which is fine, I personally could care less these dopey officials are gone and the real ones are back. (Pats lost TWO games because of the dopey officials. and I for one am convinced it is because they were biased and HATED the Pats because they were fans of other teams..) So if anything I am glad it happened it forced the NFL to get the real officials back.



I disagree my friend for few reasons. It was has been confirmed that the REPLAY officials in that game were NOT replacement guys (they were normal refs) and they allowed the play to stand. To me that is evidence that this play was not so cut and dry as MNF broadcasters would lead you to beleive. The fact is by the time Jennings had possession of the ball-- ie both feet on the ground (you can't have possession without feet on the ground), Tate had both feet on the ground and both arms around it and was nearly on his arse. Also I find it interesting that everyone says Jennings had it in chest. How is that possible if Tate's arm was between Jennings and the ball. His 1 arm never left the ball. The rule doesn't differentiate between who has "more control."

In it my opinion and evidence suggests I'm right that the play was called properly according to the rules. However, it doesn't pass the eye test. Similarly, the Tuck rule was called perfectly according to the rules, though 90% of America beleived it to be a fumble INCLUDING Tom Brady. Just as Megatron's catch 2 years ago looked like a catch to most Fans, though it was called an incompletion.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but if you look at the actual facts one has to admit that it isn't so cut and dry and all everyone made it out to be.


That's what it boils down to. To the eye test, it was an INT. To the rulebook, it's a TD.


Well it's nice that the rule book and instant replay was actually there to stick up for the lowly Seahawks for once and didn't allow us to be screwed over by the oh so popular "eye test". Right Vinny Testeverde's helmet? Right Ben Roethlisberger's helmet?

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:39 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:24 am
Posts: 443
Also, the other Ref didn't signal interception.....he was signaling to stop the clock

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:46 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
Chrome_Seahawk wrote:
Also, the other Ref didn't signal interception.....he was signaling to stop the clock

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2


Don't tell that to a foaming at the mouth Steve Young...

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:11 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:24 am
Posts: 443
I don't think the Scott Kacsmar article was linked in here yet either:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/shame-the-angry-mob-golden-tates-touchdown-was-legit/17706/?fb_action_ids=10151034552701557&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Kacsmar is by no means a Seahawks fan.

The funniest thing about this is that if you really zoom in and watch all of the hands - it is apparent that Jennings would have wiffed on the ball competely if Tate hadn't caught it/stopped it with his Left Hand - look at the stills and then watch the video live - Jennings doesn't even have his hands facing the ball - he only was able to trap the ball with his wrists and then wrap his fingers around it because Tate had already caught/stopped it - I challenge ANY of you to have someone loft you a ball - even 10 feet in the air and catch a ball by trapping it between your wrists - you just can't do it.....the reaction time is too short.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:29 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm
Posts: 1746
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
The other funny part is that this whole thing is Jennings fault. If he would have done his job, and batted that football 25 feet out of the back of the end zone then game over. But Jennings blew it, and Tate caught it (ya I know we disagree on this), and Packers are still crying about it to this day. :waah:

_________________
"I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:34 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11172
Location: Antioch, CA
Chrome_Seahawk wrote:
I don't think the Scott Kacsmar article was linked in here yet either:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/shame-the-angry-mob-golden-tates-touchdown-was-legit/17706/?fb_action_ids=10151034552701557&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Kacsmar is by no means a Seahawks fan.

The funniest thing about this is that if you really zoom in and watch all of the hands - it is apparent that Jennings would have wiffed on the ball competely if Tate hadn't caught it/stopped it with his Left Hand - look at the stills and then watch the video live - Jennings doesn't even have his hands facing the ball - he only was able to trap the ball with his wrists and then wrap his fingers around it because Tate had already caught/stopped it - I challenge ANY of you to have someone loft you a ball - even 10 feet in the air and catch a ball by trapping it between your wrists - you just can't do it.....the reaction time is too short.


Wow, hadn't seen that article yet. That's a good one.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 707HAWKfan, 86Hawk, AbsolutNET, ASuperForce, AVL, balko56, Barthawk, BeaHUman, benthebeerman, Blitzer88, blue 22, bmorepunk, Brahn, brodad, bryantology79, CANHawk, Chrome_Seahawk, Cinque52, CitrusHawk, Crabhawk, DavidSeven, Deterrence, drdiags, drrew, DynoHawk, EverydayImRusselin, Evil_Shenanigans, falcongoggles, FearTheBeak, fridayfrenzy, G-Money, Geologic, GoHawks, Goodwin Seahawk, Google [Bot], Greenhell, grizbob, Hasselbeck, Hawkfan77, hawknation2014, Hawknballs, heffmanhere, HuskyHawk, IcedHawk, IndyHawk, Jase, JZ#1, KARAVARUS, Largent80, LusciousJames, MadSweeney, ManBunts, Marvin49, MexHawk, MichaelHawk70, Missing_Clink, oldhawkfan, Our Man in Chicago, PhillySeahawk, razgriz737, Recon_Hawk, rj503, RobBaker7714409, Rob_Grimm, Rocket, RockHawk, run and shoot, RynoHawk, SacHawk2.0, salukihawk12, Sarlacc83, Seahawkfan80, Seahawks4life, seahawksny, SHOCKER315, Snakeeyes007, SNDavidson, SnowMan, SPOHAWK, Sprfunk, Terpdragon, theascension, TheHawkster, TheRealDTM, therealjohncarlson, Throwdown, tjgamer555, TorontoHawk, Trenchbroom, TriCHawk, TruHammer07, Tune, twisted_steel2, TXHawk, UK_Seahawk, valleyflyfisher, VancitySeahawk, Vpk0718, Wilson2Harvin, wyliecat, Yahoo [Bot], ZagHawk, Zebulon Dak and 386 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.