Pete and the New England Factor

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Everyone knows of Pete's history with New England. Everyone knows Pete got snubbed and it inspired him to become an even better coach. Everyone knows that deep down Pete wants this game.

So does Pete's team.

I wonder if that's going to be a silent inspiration to this team and its coaching staff?

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Salish,

Thats over 11 years ago, I mean I dont even think there is ONE player left on the team in NE from when he was here still. Besides that being fired IMO was good for Carroll he needed more time to refine his ability, just like BB did after he got fired from Cleveland.

Sometimes being FIRED is best for your career, I think Carroll a better coach now because he went back and developed more as a coach after the firing.

drdiags

Reaction score
I know that recently Robert Kraft mentioned that he wished he had given Pete a little more time, though he has to be thrilled that he didn't. He had a little remorse. Maybe the players want to put on a good show for him against the Pats but more likely because this is another watermark game for them.

Until Pete has huge success in the NFL, most folks will think of him as a joke and not take him serious. This game can help change that but championships will need to be his ultimate response to the naysayers. Pete himself said he wasn't ready back then.

Still ... you never know? How is that for weasel wording? Ha ha!!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pete wants to win because Pete wants to win. I don't think he cares too much about beating the Patriots because they fired him. He has great respect for Robert Kraft and BB.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
sc85sis":13sqjcev said:
Pete wants to win because Pete wants to win. I don't think he cares too much about beating the Patriots because they fired him. He has great respect for Robert Kraft and BB.

I think he even said the Krafts were NEW owners and had not figured out yet EXACTLY how to run things and went threw a couple coaches before they figured it out. It was a MESS here when Carroll was here with Grier but the Krafts figured it out and Hired the emperor BB himself to rule the dynasty :p (inside joke guys Jet/Colts/Bills boards call the Pats the evil empire and BB the emperor from star wars..)

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Go back and listen to the podcast of his interview this week with Brock and Salk on ESPN710. It's clear he thinks about this NE game as special.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":6j1n9uai said:
Go back and listen to the podcast of his interview this week with Brock and Salk on ESPN710. It's clear he thinks about this NE game as special.
Yep. May have been 11 years ago and Pete IS a nice guy and doesn't hold a grudge. But deep down inside he wants this one more. It means something to him to win this game. It's personal vindication. It's special.

Afterall, Pete's human.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
One thing we got to remember is that Pete didn't have the power in NE and Jets that he has here. Alot of the talking heads have mentioned that the players are "Drinking the Kool-Aid" that Pete is giving. If the players aren't "Drinking the Kool-Aid", Pete has the power to get rid of them.