The "I Love Brandon Browner" Thread

NYCoug

Reaction score
http://seahawksadan.blogspot.com/2012/1 ... owner.html

I had a moment of clarity last night, I think. I think I realized that Brandon Browner is right up there with Marshawn as my favorite player on the Seahawks, and that since Marshawn is already well represented, I'm definitely making my first new Hawks jersey a Browner one. Only question now is whether to go with blue or wolf grey...

Seriously though, this dude just embodies what it means to be a Seattle Seahawk, to me at least. Love watching this dude play, figured I'd show him some love. That forced fumble was AMAZING!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NYCoug":11dxrl8e said:
http://seahawksadan.blogspot.com/2012/10/some-love-for-brandon-browner.html

I had a moment of clarity last night, I think. I think I realized that Brandon Browner is right up there with Marshawn as my favorite player on the Seahawks, and that since Marshawn is already well represented, I'm definitely making my first new Hawks jersey a Browner one. Only question now is whether to go with blue or wolf grey...

Seriously though, this dude just embodies what it means to be a Seattle Seahawk, to me at least. Love watching this dude play, figured I'd show him some love. That forced fumble was AMAZING!
"THE BROWNER BOMBER" :thfight7: ,You sure as hell ain't going to get any Seahawks fans to argue with you (not any true Seahawks fans that is)

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
i will really be devastated if Browner doesnt get an extension this upcoming offseason , dude will holdout otherwise

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Hard not to root for a player like Browner who gives you his all and more at a mere $400,000. The guy plays with tenacity and a menacing style that causes receivers to have alligator arms. He has legit all-pro athleticism and intuition. He's Ray Lewis meets WFC. What's not to love.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Lol, I was wondering how long it was going to take for us to go bipolar on this one.

Look at some of the posts leading up to this offseason. I've seen everything from "Browner sucks" to "he's the weak link in our secondary" to "cut his ass".

I think Chancellor is my favorite defender, and Browner is my 2nd, but I started to like Brandon more this year with some people bagging on him. Last year was his first full year in the NFL, and I think he can still improve even more than he already has.

Seeker

Reaction score
I love brandon browner because everything about him screams "Not Kelly Jennings".

Happy

Reaction score
He gets wide recievers to make business decisions and he's a beast on special teams. One of my favorite Seahawks fo' sho'.

Reaction score
When Browner played up here in the CFL for Calgary he was good but I never saw him being this dominant. I thought he would have his cup of tea in the NFL and then be back in the CFL. He's done a great job and its a testament to the Hawks for identifying the talent and bringing him in. He's a complete beast to play against.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Browner is a BAWSE! Love that dude.

When I heard Seattle signed him, I was just hoping for him to be a little better than Ricky Foley and maybe bump lil Kelly Jennings of the roster. I'd say I got my wish! I'm so in love with this secondary...

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I love watching Browner play as he epitomizes everything this new defensive squad is about. He is a unique talent. His game is punishing anyone who is unfortunate enough to line up across from him. He is built like a slimmed down 3-4 OLB but has just enough athleticism to line up at corner. His skills in coverage aren't perfect, but our system is built to make up for his shortcomings. Earl Thomas is an elite safety who is fast enough to be in position before the ball makes it to its target. As such, Browner is seldom left on an island and is otherwise free to beat up on the receiver, jump routes, stuff the run (which he does as well as any LB) and take a lot of risks in general.

In the end, I think Browner is a very good player who would be just another tweener in any other system. Due to the abilities of Earl Thomas, we are able to protect ourselves from Browner's (and Chancellor's, for that matter) shortcomings, while simultaneously playing to his strengths.