The "I love Marshawn Lynch" Thread

Seeker

Reaction score
This isn't a debate page, I just happened to notice we aren't talking about this guy as much lately. Not because he is doing anything wrong, but because he is doing everything right. Its so dang near automatic that he gets those first down conversions that you start to take them slightly for granted.

Lets take it back a few years ago, when our other star running back had just signed that ginormous countract after a record season -- and then played flag football to the end of his career.

This guy on the other hand has been putting in slightly MORE work imo and has done so quietly. Plus he was the unsung hero in the golden catch (no block from Lynch and RW would be sitting on that turf before he could throw it). With the way he has been running you would forget he has had back spasms. Please get this guy a ring hawks this dude has earned and puts da team on his back every game tho!

plus he is good for at least one of these moments every interview
[youtube]z2tKQVQSNRA[/youtube]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
More Lynch love?

Pretty sure we have this discussion going on in 100 other threads. Mods, lock please.

...juuuuuust kidding

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
its overlooked but that 3rd and 7 was huge , he got hit after one yard but would not waver*

* thanks RW for that word

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I don't have anything else to add really other than to say that I too love Marshawn Lynch. I do.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I think it bears repeating that we traded a 4th and a 5th round pick for Marshawn Lynch, who is now one of the best backs in football - and WAS AN OFFENSIVE PICKUP by our front office (they've had successes other than just defense!!)

Let me repeat that: a 4th and a 5th.

I know that top backs can be had in later rounds these days, but this level of production for that combo of picks is really incredible, and I'm extremely impressed by PC and JS's returns on trades. Clemons, Lynch, and Washington come immediately to mind, but I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting at the moment. And that's not to mention retreads which have become key contributors here when they failed elsewhere.

dunceface

Reaction score
So many people tried to tell me he was not gonna contribute at all...HA!
His sense of humor is hilarious too!
UJolHa7fBGns h TOH7QbNYmVsRzQmV tFsIHhs2FpY8gM13hQ
Tumblr mbnvgjp9921qlkvaio1 500
Tumblr mbnvg1iXAg1qlkvaio1 500
20120916 pjc ab9 437 extra large

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't trade Marshawn for any other back in the league. Not a one of them.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1xvnm6cl said:
I honestly wouldn't trade Marshawn for any other back in the league. Not a one of them.

Dude's only 26, too. That's incredible. Feels like he's been around forever.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Watching him change from a hard runner into a pro and an elite back has been one of the most entertaining things i have ever watched in professional sports.

CANHawk

Reaction score
3014782_o.gif

I've loved this dude since the first time I saw him play in Buffalo. I think the first time I ever saw him play as a pro, I said a little prayer to the football gods that he would one day be a Seahawk. The day we traded for him was one of my happiest days as a fan and he's been rewarding my enthusiasm ever since.

Remember all the people who were down on this trade when Pete pulled the trigger? Yeah, neither do they...

Love ya Beastmode!!

sam1313

Reaction score
During the Rams game I told my wife twice, "I love that guy." She looked at me quizzically (sp?), but damn it is true. I've never seen a back run as hard as Marshawn, and there are only a few that were even in his league. I agree in that I wouldn't trade him for any other back in the league. He simply helps us demoralize teams (ask the Cowboys..).

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I love you, Marshawn Lynch.

His yards after contact are amazing, the stiff arms, the jukes, never giving up a yard.

I think the thing that impresses me the most is the amount of times the refs blow the whistle and Marshawn is still on his feet trying to push the pile with 3-4 guys hanging on him. THAT demoralizes those poor Defensive players, especially when you are worn out in the fourth quarter and the Beast is getting stronger.

I love that mannnnnn

scutterhawk

Reaction score
suppaball":1iez0i0t said:
You can add me to the list of Beastmode love. Marshawn is a MANamal!

Hell yeah! you can put me down to lead the "LYNCH MOB" as well. :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: