Patriots = 30th overall against the pass.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
It would be nice if they could break out, but I really think to win this game they will need to ground pound and just move the chains all day and keep Brady off the field.

nsport

Reaction score
Overall they are a young and impressionable defense. I think the hard nosed rushing attack and patient passing attack will take its toll on their D. This game really sets up for us in this way - as others have mentioned, the TOP stat will be the key in this game - I don't think we'll have a problem scoring; **Obvious Statement Alert ** TD's over FG's obviously preferred - but the key will be limiting the offensive possessions by the NE offense (such as in the GB and CAR games).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Carolina also had one of the worst ranked pass (and overall) defenses, and we could barely score on them, so don't hold your breath.

Belichick is a great schemer, especially when it comes to taking away an offense's best asset. Which in our case is our run game, so we better hope Wilson has a hell of a game.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
No offense to your O but we have faced Flacco (One top ranked Ravens Offense) and Peyton manning those two will skew any Pass D numbers. Not to mention the Pats Run D been VERY good this year.

I think this will be a very good game, and I think (obviously) the Pats D will get a couple critical turnovers and help the pATS WIN BY A SCORE OF SAY 24-10 (The TO kill you IMO)

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
The Pats are going to score some points (Honk for Gronk) I hope we keep them down enough for us to keep running the ball well into the 4th.

pehawk

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":12a162n1 said:
No offense to your O but we have faced Flacco (One top ranked Ravens Offense) and Peyton manning those two will skew any Pass D numbers. Not to mention the Pats Run D been VERY good this year.

I think this will be a very good game, and I think (obviously) the Pats D will get a couple critical turnovers and help the pATS WIN BY A SCORE OF SAY 24-10 (The TO kill you IMO)

I've been trying not to interact with the Pats fans, because there's no point, neither will convince the other. But, all I can say, is you haven't and wont face a rushing attack near Seattle's level this year. Maybe Houston....maybe?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":smt3cvni said:

We've faced Newton, Romo, and Rodgers and they haven't skewed our totals.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
This statistic is probably a direct result of the Patriots owning the leagues #1 offense. Teams have had to keep up and therefore throw. But Arizona also showed you don't necessarily have to do that if you play great defense, and that means we won't necessarily need to in order to win this game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Bah, the winning team only wins Time of Possession like 60% of the time. It's an utterly worthless stat, and no one should ever use it for anything.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1y2jgshg said:
Bah, the winning team only wins Time of Possession like 60% of the time. It's an utterly worthless stat, and no one should ever use it for anything.
Pete loves this stat, but to him it means the other team gets to run fewer plays.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Controlling the ball most of the time is something you aim for, for obvious reasons. What I'm saying, and have said for years, is that it's a worthless stat to look at for fans. All it takes is one 70-yard TD bomb or run, etc., or a kick/punt return for a TD, and the stat is skewed and gives you the wrong impression from what has really happened all game, so a SIGNIFICANT percentage of the time, looking at that stat will NOT tell you who the winner is.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
To further illustrate my point, Seattle had 33:34 for ToP in the opener @ Arizona, and we had 26:21 ToP for the Packers game. We had 29:52, a virtual split, @ Rams. The other two games, we won, with 34:39 against Dallas and 35:46 against the Panthers.

You can't tell the actual outcome of any of those games based on ToP. If you relied on it, you'd have two wins, two losses, and a tie/coin flip. Yet, we lost a game we had a large lead in ToP with, and won a game we trailed ToP in considerably, AND our defense DOMINATED the Packers in that game.

This is why ToP is a worthless stat. Controlling the ball most of the game is something every team strives for, but the stat is utterly worthless. Why so many people do not get this, I'll never know.

pehawk

Reaction score
TOP is a meaningful stat for a team built to be imposing and physical. Especially running teams, that's the entire point, wear down the defense.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pehawk":9a56eumr said:
TOP is a meaningful stat for a team built to be imposing and physical. Especially running teams, that's the entire point, wear down the defense.

If it was a meaningful stat, it wouldn't point to the losing team winning nearly half the time.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2ls7a4r9 said:

Last Season the 49rs boasted NO running TD's, that is until they had to defend against BEASTMODE, they knew that he was going to run, gameplanned for him and all, but then all their stats went to hell in a handbasket.
I'm not saying that the Pats won't be able to limit Lynch's breakout runs, but he has a knack for getting through the hole when you least think it's possible.
That's just another facet of the Seahawks Offense that was being keyd on by the Panthers, but when the absolute need was there to cap the game, Lynch defied the odds, and got the game winning first down.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":g3odd9m0 said:
Carolina also had one of the worst ranked pass (and overall) defenses, and we could barely score on them, so don't hold your breath.

Belichick is a great schemer, especially when it comes to taking away an offense's best asset. Which in our case is our run game, so we better hope Wilson has a hell of a game.

The team you lost to at home we had dead to rights in their house the first game of the season. The Pats are good but I like our chances at CLink.