Deon Branch: "It really doesn't rain that much in Seattle"

PatsAddict

Reaction score
Is this true? Deon said it on the local Boston radio station up here and I'm looking for confirmation. It's been raining pretty much every day for the past two weeks in New England and I'm hating it.

So your defense is looking top notch. You guys probably have the biggest CBs in the league. The pass rush seems nasty too, especially at home. I think Aaron Rodgers' counselor was working overtime after that Packers game to help him overcome PTSD (Post Traumatic Sack Disorder).

Things are pretty good here in New England in case your wondering (except for the aforementioned rain). Leaves are turning color, gas is still under $4 a gallon, the Pats are leading the division and the Jets are a wonderful carnival of misfits.

Should be a good game. The Pats have decided to run some sort of hurry up on offense on Amphetimines. If you have any interest here's a pretty good article on what they are trying to do on that side of the ball: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... story.html

Two warnings: 1. It's kinda long. You could probably finish half your Venti from Starbucks by the time you're done reading it. 2. They seem to have borrowed much of their philosophy from Chip Kelly's Oregon Ducks, so reading it might make some of you Huskies/Cougars fans throw up a little in your mouths.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Pats are better than last year but that's not saying much. They seem to be able to get better pressure on the QB when just rushing four. Secondary is still a concern but no team's perfect. I'm assuming they plan on bottling up Lynch and taking their chances with Wilson beating them.

By the way, I hear that stadium of your is pretty loud. Is it loud like, a wife yelling at her husband to take the garbage out or loud like a wife catching her husband in bed with the cleaning lady?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
PatsAddict":2fenktv2 said:
Is this true? Deon said it on the local Boston radio station up here and I'm looking for confirmation. It's been raining pretty much every day for the past two weeks in New England and I'm hating it.

So your defense is looking top notch. You guys probably have the biggest CBs in the league. The pass rush seems nasty too, especially at home. I think Aaron Rodgers' counselor was working overtime after that Packers game to help him overcome PTSD (Post Traumatic Sack Disorder).

Things are pretty good here in New England in case your wondering (except for the aforementioned rain). Leaves are turning color, gas is still under $4 a gallon, the Pats are leading the division and the Jets are a wonderful carnival of misfits.

Should be a good game. The Pats have decided to run some sort of hurry up on offense on Amphetimines. If you have any interest here's a pretty good article on what they are trying to do on that side of the ball: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... story.html

Two warnings: 1. It's kinda long. You could probably finish half your Venti from Starbucks by the time you're done reading it. 2. They seem to have borrowed much of their philosophy from Chip Kelly's Oregon Ducks, so reading it might make some of you Huskies/Cougars fans throw up a little in your mouths.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Pats are better than last year but that's not saying much. They seem to be able to get better pressure on the QB when just rushing four. Secondary is still a concern but no team's perfect. I'm assuming they plan on bottling up Lynch and taking their chances with Wilson beating them.

By the way, I hear that stadium of your is pretty loud. Is it loud like, a wife yelling at her husband to take the garbage out or loud like a wife catching her husband in bed with the cleaning lady?

It's loud like a wife catching her husband in bed with her sister.

slargent4ever

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3bz8oavp said:
PatsAddict":3bz8oavp said:

It's loud like a wife catching her husband in bed with his sister.

Largent80

Reaction score
:2: Thanks for visiting. We always welcome civil opposing fans here.

Just like most young teams the Hawks are still trying to get the offense in gear, the real matchup will be our D against Brady and Co.

Our defense is getting better by the game and are pretty stingy about allowing TD's so far.

If there were anyone in the league to change that it is Brady.

Should be an entertaining game for sure.

The Radish

Reaction score
I recently saw figures on a History Channel show that Seattle isn't in the top ten of rainy citys.

37" per year average.

The unique thing about a lot of Seattle rain is its ability to have such a fine mist it goes through the weave of your clothes getting you wet but not your clothes.

True story.

:les:

OP
OP
P

PatsAddict

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3cezghcp said:
PatsAddict":3cezghcp said:

I saw what you did there.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
PatsAddict":10opxewc said:
Sarlacc83":10opxewc said:
PatsAddict":10opxewc said:

I saw what you did there.

slargent4ever's post was better.

OP
OP
P

PatsAddict

Reaction score
ParisPC07":1odjahew said:
Like a hundred thousand drunk sorority girls, just turned down an octave.

Now that seems more annoying than loud.

OP
OP
P

PatsAddict

Reaction score
Largent80":13s1x11r said:

Just like most young teams the Hawks are still trying to get the offense in gear, the real matchup will be our D against Brady and Co.

Our defense is getting better by the game and are pretty stingy about allowing TD's so far.

You guys get uncivil opposing fans? Let me guess, uppity Rams fans. Those guys are the worst.

OP
OP
P

PatsAddict

Reaction score
The Radish":7p0ffoa0 said:
I recently saw figures on a History Channel show that Seattle isn't in the top ten of rainy citys.

37" per year average.

The unique thing about a lot of Seattle rain is its ability to have such a fine mist it goes through the weave of your clothes getting you wet but not your clothes.

True story.

If I remember correctly I also saw on The History Channel thast Seattle has some sort of underground lost city. That seems a little creepy to me.

The Radish

Reaction score
The standard comment made is from opposing players that say "you can't even hear in the huddle."

And as those of us that have attended games at Seahawks Stadium I assure you that the noise of the crowd there is not heard...

its felt! A vibration of your entire body. It has to be experienced to be understood. Buck & Aikman have commented on it everytime they've been here.

Throwdown

Reaction score
PatsAddict":9tl0hrhl said:
The Radish":9tl0hrhl said:

37" per year average.

True story.

If I remember correctly I also saw on The History Channel thast Seattle has some sort of underground lost city. That seems a little creepy to me.

Yessir we do!

Believe it or not, it rains in Miami more than it does here.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
PatsAddict":3fvt93gs said:

We are actually in one one of driest stretches in the history of the Northwest right now. Too lazy to look up the correct numbers, but it's barely rained a drop for 3 months.

Throwdown

Reaction score
PatsAddict":d5q6946r said:
Largent80":d5q6946r said:

You guys get uncivil opposing fans? Let me guess, uppity Rams fans. Those guys are the worst.

Cardinal fans with their bottle crunching...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
To steal a Robert Cray line... The forecast calls for PAIN. :evil: (and rain) :D

OP
OP
P

PatsAddict

Reaction score
The Radish said:
its felt! A vibration of your entire body. It has to be experienced to be understood. quote]

That's the exact line I used on my wife when I first met her.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I do not live in seattle , and i never been there . :(

with that said it seems like during game times since Qwest Field was built it has only rained ONCE to my knowledge during a game .

I wonder if there is a way to find that out . Im sure its misty at times in Seattle but it really has only rained once. Deion Branch is correct.