Why all of the impatiences?

Nunya

Reaction score
Hello all....first time poster. I drift around on a lot of different Seahawk forums and I am surprised at the impatience of some fan posts I have seen. It seems like some people expect the team to be built of 22 pro-bowlers and future HOF candidates. The hatred I have seen towards PC is unbelievable.

We have one of the best defenses Seattle has ever had. The running game is solid. Our rookie QB is having issues, but he really hasn't had a bad game yet....at least not compare to the Seahawks normal fare at QB of late. We have been a play or two from being 5-0 this season after playing some very tough teams.

Personally, if we go 8-8 this season, but we can progress to the point that we are a very strong team next year and years to come, I will be very happy.

Sorry for being such a grump on my first post, but the "instant gratification" attitude is really wearing thin.

Edit: Now that I have had a little time to go through some of the thread, I would also like to apologize of starting what appears to be the 1000th thread of saying the same thing. It appears there has been a number of newbees on the site lately that have starter similar threads. :oops:

edogg23

Reaction score
What unbearable hatred toward Pete are you talking about? I must have missed it. I have seen Bevell hatred but not for Caroll.

The Radish

Reaction score
Always best to read the forum a bit before posting and you appear to be one of the few that's noticed that. :D

Welcome to Seahawks.net, glad to have you.

:les:

ParisPC07

Reaction score
Instant gratification? We have a team that is potentially better than 8-8 and we're damn tired of being happy with 8-8. I don't know what you're really talking about, though. Attitude around here has been pretty good if you consider how it was in 2009.

OP
OP
Nunya

Nunya

Reaction score
edogg23":1oxywlc4 said:
What unbearable hatred toward Pete are you talking about? I must have missed it. I have seen Bevell hatred but not for Caroll.

ParisPC07":1oxywlc4 said:
Instant gratification? We have a team that is potentially better than 8-8 and we're damn tired of being happy with 8-8. I don't know what you're really talking about, though. Attitude around here has been pretty good if you consider how it was in 2009.

Please don't get me wrong, I really wasn't complaining about any posts from this site specifically. It is just a general feel from visiting multiple Seahawks sites. Over at the Times, there are about a dozen "fans" that seem like they are already prepared to break out the tar and feathers for PC.....but then again, it IS the Times forum. At just about every site, there has been at least one or two that were ready to declare Wilson a bust after the first game.

This team has been rebuilding the day PC and JS came onboard. It is as if a lot of fans out there do not understand the accomplishment that have been made is a short time towards that rebuilding.

To ParisPC07: Would you be happy with a 8-8 season this year if it would guarantee at least 10-win seasons for the next 10 years? Of course nobody can guarantee that, but I don't think PC/JS are building to win the SB as soon as possible, I think they are building for a dynasty. Call me a homer, but I think it would be nice to have a Seahawk dynasty.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Honestly, I only thought this was an 8 win team at the least, 10 if everything went right no matter which QB we have going right now.

But I don't know where it comes from, but its a very vocal minority IMO that are being impatient. To me, to come as far as we have its a damn near miracle, this team in 2009 had NO HOPE AT ALL!

Largent80

Reaction score
This place would have been unbearable if we had lost last Sunday Throw, and I think that the OP was stating was was obvious in the past week before that game.

And by the way...... :2:

Kamcussion

Reaction score
It has been said.. year 3 of a 4 year complete/total/burn it to the ground/start from scratch/ rebuild... i am totally with the OP.

Russell Wilson will be the truth.. He will write a book.. It will be read in every home in Seattle.. And it will be good.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Largent80":3db094r1 said:
This place would have been unbearable if we had lost last Sunday Throw, and I think that the OP was stating was was obvious in the past week before that game.

And by the way...... :2:

I would've taken the longest hiatus EVER

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Nunya":e3i6zgbx said:
We have been a play or two from being 5-0 this season after playing some very tough teams.

I keep hearing this, and not sure what the logic is behind it. We're also a play or two from being 1-4, and if not for a horrific replacement ref call, 2-3.

This is the NFL, just about EVERY game comes down to a play, or a drive to decide the winner and loser. That's why it's hard to support a rookie QB who's going to struggle in his first year with these very important plays and drives.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Because this team and seattle sports in general have been mired in continual mediocrity for years now. Many of us feel like the Hawks have built a super bowl caliber defense and run game, and yet, the terrible passing game would, if the season ended now, keep this otherwise superbowl caliber team from even making the playoffs. That is how bad the passing game has been. With even a decent passing game, this team is 5-0. Instead, it is last place in a very good division.

I personally do not want to see a season where the rest of the team is so freakin awesome be wasted while we wait and see if a 5'10" rookie 3rd rounder can beat the odds. Admittedly, no one knows if Flynn would do better, but I would want to at least see what he can do considering how RW3 has played.

That said, I don't think many of the anti-wilson crowd hate PC or JS. I think they are great. They have built a great team except for in one area. But I will say that they need to both prove that they understand the QB position and can get a guy in here who can play, or they will run themselves out of town, because so far their decisions there have not been impressive.

OP
OP
Nunya

Nunya

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1pxcr8g3 said:
Nunya":1pxcr8g3 said:
We have been a play or two from being 5-0 this season after playing some very tough teams.

I keep hearing this, and not sure what the logic is behind it. We're also a play or two from being 1-4, and if not for a horrific replacement ref call, 2-3.

This is the NFL, just about EVERY game comes down to a play, or a drive to decide the winner and loser. That's why it's hard to support a rookie QB who's going to struggle in his first year with these very important plays and drives.

Well, compared to being down 21+ points near the end of the game, I would say we have improved in this area. Granted, most if not all of the credit can go to the defense for keeping us in the game.

In 2008, we lost 7 games by 10 points or more.
In 2009, we lost 9 games by 10 points or more.
In 2010, again, we lost 9 games by 10 points or more.
In 2011, we only lost 4 games by 10 points or more.

Yes, the offense needs to be more productive to win those close games, but the fact that they are close is a big step in the right direction.

EDIT: BTW, I do not agree that the call in the GB game was "horrific". It was a reasonable call given the situation.

Largent80

Reaction score
Here is the deal. This team is very young. We should be good for years to come.

But in this pushbutton world, people "want it now". Unfortunately this is a game and not a keyboard.

OP
OP
Nunya

Nunya

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":375jggwh said:
Because this team and seattle sports in general have been mired in continual mediocrity for years now. Many of us feel like the Hawks have built a super bowl caliber defense and run game, and yet, the terrible passing game would, if the season ended now, keep this otherwise superbowl caliber team from even making the playoffs. That is how bad the passing game has been. With even a decent passing game, this team is 5-0. Instead, it is last place in a very good division.

I personally do not want to see a season where the rest of the team is so freakin awesome be wasted while we wait and see if a 5'10" rookie 3rd rounder can beat the odds. Admittedly, no one knows if Flynn would do better, but I would want to at least see what he can do considering how RW3 has played.

That said, I don't think many of the anti-wilson crowd hate PC or JS. I think they are great. They have built a great team except for in one area. But I will say that they need to both prove that they understand the QB position and can get a guy in here who can play, or they will run themselves out of town, because so far their decisions there have not been impressive.

And you don't think that it takes time (or are willing to allow for) a rookie QB time to develop? What are our other options? You mentioned you would like to see what Flynn could do. Are you willing to accept QB play at the level we had in game 1 by going with Flynn? Starting over?

I hear people complaining about the QB play and I don't see the issue other then getting the ball into the end zone. Wilson has 6 INTs, but most of those can't really be attributed to Wilson. Most of them have just been bad luck. He is moving the ball and has a decent completion percentage.....even with his throw aways. His accuracy and decision making appears to be good.....at least to the point where the coaches can work with it.

So, what other QB options did or do the Seahawks have. Sure, Flynn might be an improvement, or he be worse then Wilson in the long run.....basically, he is nothing more then a rookie with more bench time under his belt.

OP
OP
Nunya

Nunya

Reaction score
Largent80":3afrjug4 said:
Here is the deal. This team is very young. We should be good for years to come.

But in this pushbutton world, people "want it now". Unfortunately this is a game and not a keyboard.

We see things much the same way.

Rainger

Reaction score
There are only a handfull of the same posters on .net that are always saying negative things about PC and RW. Basically the general poster here are big PC fans and most of the non emotional ones understand the RW decision and where the team is going.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
Its a splint vs a cast really.. Splint is going to be better in the short term, but a cast fixes it for the long haul. Would much rather be sitting here for the next 10 years with a franchise QB then to have a quick fix and go back into a revolving door offense until we get lucky.

OP
OP
Nunya

Nunya

Reaction score
rainger":18qt3rtn said:
There are only a handfull of the same posters on .net that are always saying negative things about PC and RW. Basically the general poster here are big PC fans and most of the non emotional ones understand the RW decision and where the team is going.

That is good to hear. I can understand the "emotions" and the frustrations. I have been frustrated as well, especially after the Rams game. However, I have been a fan of the Seahawks ever since they became a franchise and this team is one of the best I have ever seen. They might not even make the play-offs this season, especially given how the Division is shaping up, but I would expect to see a solid SB run within the next couple of seasons.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Nunya":qvlrku3p said:
And you don't think that it takes time (or are willing to allow for) a rookie QB time to develop? What are our other options? You mentioned you would like to see what Flynn could do. Are you willing to accept QB play at the level we had in game 1 by going with Flynn? Starting over?

I hear people complaining about the QB play and I don't see the issue other then getting the ball into the end zone. Wilson has 6 INTs, but most of those can't really be attributed to Wilson. Most of them have just been bad luck. He is moving the ball and has a decent completion percentage.....even with his throw aways. His accuracy and decision making appears to be good.....at least to the point where the coaches can work with it.

So, what other QB options did or do the Seahawks have. Sure, Flynn might be an improvement, or he be worse then Wilson in the long run.....basically, he is nothing more then a rookie with more bench time under his belt.

There is no guarantee that Marshawn Lynch will continue to play like this for years to come. We all know how sharp the decline is for feature RBs. There is no guarantee that this defense will always play like this or that the salary cap will allow all the players to be kept when they are due for their second contracts.

Just like there is no guarantee that Matt Flynn would do better than what RW3 has done. My point is that this year, the passing game thus far is keeping an otherwise superbowl caliber team out of the playoffs. The team went out and spent money to get Flynn. Flynn has a 480 yard and 6 TD game in the regular season under his belt. Because the passing game has struggled, I would like to see what Flynn can do. If he also struggles? Fine, bench him and play whoever. Having a 5'10" 3rd round rookie QB miss a few starts is not going to kill him though.

I want this team to do everything it can to win now because it can win now, and there is no guarantee of anything down the road. In my opinion, it is asinine to just assume that we will always have the #1 defense and one of the best running games every year going forward. Win now while you know you can.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rainger":3da38x0p said:

Why are all the people that disagree with you labeled "emotional" or "negative?"

This is a forum, it's full of differing opinions. Just because some of us are critical, doesn't mean we aren't using logic to back up our opinions. As in until our passing offense no longer sucks ass, we're entitled to be critical of Wilson and PC's decision to start him.