Hear is to a good game sunday!

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
I have nothing but respect for the Hawks! Guys seem have an AMAZING D and as always a rabid fan base.

I am hoping is Sunday is a good clean game with no major injuries on either side. (Lets be honest both teams if they had to lose best to do it out of conference right!)

That said I hope the game doesnt come down to bad calls, like the PATS HAD, I am still miffed at that HOLDING call on Gronk that cost us the W against AZ. (would put you all in a tie for first so sure you guys hated that call too lol) and the MISSED FG called good for Baltimore ~sigh~

But I think the 2 teams match up well both strengths go against eachother as do both "weaknesses" Has the making of a classic.

nsport

Reaction score
Hey PatsFanNH - just curious how you perceive your weaknesses?

My $.02 -
- Young defense still has a lot to learn - but it is an improvement over the past many years
- TE's are strong, slot receiver is strong, but WR's are pedestrian
- Do the Pats really believe in the running game this year? Or will things just revert back to the old days?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's going to be a rough and fun game. The Seattle crowd is going to be into it, and I think a lot of people really feel this is one of the two great litmus tests for our defense this year. (The other was Green Bay, though I guess you can argue SF is up there, lately.) I will be very curious to see how Ridley does against our defense because I know he's been having some monster weeks.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
My Ex-wife is a Pats fan. Good people. I'd love to take this one from her though, like she took my house.

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
nsport":m0xnqyor said:
Hey PatsFanNH - just curious how you perceive your weaknesses?

My $.02 -
- Young defense still has a lot to learn - but it is an improvement over the past many years
- TE's are strong, slot receiver is strong, but WR's are pedestrian
- Do the Pats really believe in the running game this year? Or will things just revert back to the old days?

D is young and getting better weekly helps having IMO the greatest D mind available as HC.

TE Strong, welker is strong, and Lloyd loooks very good so far.

The Pats will stay with the run, the reason we lost the last 2 SB was because we COULDNT or wouldnt run, they will stick with it.

The ONE glaring worry I have is the Pats Oline been injuries all year on it, so your front 4 scare me, but even with 4 sacks from AZ and losing Hernandez early they moved the balllate. I expect better results now with hernandez back.

nsport

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":kioc6ru3 said:
D is young and getting better weekly helps having IMO the greatest D mind available as HC.

TE Strong, welker is strong, and Lloyd loooks very good so far.

The Pats will stay with the run, the reason we lost the last 2 SB was because we COULDNT or wouldnt run, they will stick with it.

The ONE glaring worry I have is the Pats Oline been injuries all year on it, so your front 4 scare me, but even with 4 sacks from AZ and losing Hernandez early they moved the balllate. I expect better results now with hernandez back.

Ah - that's a good point. Pass rush blocking has been a weakness for Seattle this year as well. I thought signing Lloyd was a good move also. I wonder if there's any "connecting of the dots" between the old Pete Carroll tenure at NE that adds/removes any fuel to the fire for Sunday?

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Oh FYI your O line should watch out for Jones,Hightower, and big Wilfolk... the Pats D line gotten better and unlike Flacco and Manning I am not as afraid of wilson tearing the 2ndary apart. More worried about your run game which If i was a betting man is what BB will focus on takin away from your O and making wilson beat us.

Largent80

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":13pzx0cd said:
More worried about your run game which If i was a betting man is what BB will focus on takin away from your O and making wilson beat us.

Well, good luck with that. Beast will have something to say about it.

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
largent, I said he would FOCUS on taking that away. Doesnt mean it will happen lol... But IMO the logical thing to do right?

Largent80

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":1sir1a39 said:
largent, I said he would FOCUS on taking that away. Doesnt mean it will happen lol... But IMO the logical thing to do right?

Of course.....I just wanted to point out that every team tries to do that and so far, it hasn't worked. Doesn't mean it can't, however, the dude is one determined hard runner that is hard to bring down, and our O-line likes blocking for him.

Wilson is gaining confidence each week, and after I re-watched Sundays game I am seeing some nice throws. The key is to try and flush him out of the pocket because right now our WR's are still trying to get a repoire with him.

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Largent,

funny thing is this game will PROBABLY come down to the trenches whichever team wins on the lines will win the game.. (I say more so if the Pats O line contains the SeaHawks front 4, as I dont think ANYONE thinks the hawks win a shootout style game. Thats not seahawk style ball under Carroll)

Largent80

Reaction score
Absolutely, I believe all 3 we have won were with the initial lead. At this point the offense is not good enough to win those shootouts. The defense though has the potential to score points, or make a key turnover.......
Should be a great game.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Its a big game!

Are we still the #1 defense after last night? lol thank the lord its here in Seattle, gonna be a good test for both teams strong points. Pats offense & The Hawks defense.

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Throwdown,

In Seatle makes it a pick'em game, In NE (maybe my cockiness) I see the Pats beating the Hawks easily as the crowd noise wouldnt be there to disrupt Brady's audibles.

and thanks for the read Largent.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think in Foxboro the Hawks would struggle, IMO I don't know where to go with it, everytime I think its a lock to win for us we end up losing and when I thik we're gonna lose we come away with a win, this team loves to make me stupid.

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
throwdown,

Just enjoy the ride, its a blast when your team is playing well and has a bright future... We both been there when our teams were awful.. (I was a Pats fan back when they named rod rust as a HC... oh those were dark days lol)

Win or lose on sunday the hawks heading in the right direction. I know my team is a SB contender just getting our young D up to snuff right now, so come playoff time BWAHAHAHA lol

CANHawk

Reaction score
Pats Suck!! (sorry, I have to. You seem nice, but it's in the town charter).

Really, this game is going to come down to our Offense vs. your Defense IMO. Our defense and your offense will be like a clash of the titans; the immovable object meets the unstopable force kind of territory. The game will be won or lost based on who can squeeze the better performance out of the weaker aspect of their game. But considering our offense has a Beast (and your D will have horrible jet lag), I think we eek one out at home.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3hl70ela said:
PatsFan, you seem like a nice fellow, so believe me when I say that what I'm about to tell you is said entirely without malicious intent.

If you haven't watched a full game of this Seattle Defense yet, you're going to shit your pants. Being as it's at the Clink, i wouldn't bother changing them. You'll just shit them again.

This is truth.

Latest posts