Great article for those who missed.

kearly

Reaction score
Sadly, I don't even check Fieldgulls anymore. The new format is killing SB Nation. Reading that article felt like reading a word document. Whoever led that re-design should be fired.

aku

Reaction score
@ Kearly: Really? I'm not a huge fan of the navigation, but I kind of like the stripped down article pages. There was way too much crud on their old pages, I never visited just because it killed my computer. Maybe they could add a serif/sans-serif button since serif is kind of strange looking these days, but otherwise I'm not sure where the "word document" feel comes in.

themunn

Reaction score
I like that .net has shortened that link so the end of it reads "Don Mebane"

because he's the Godfather of this defense

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Why does the article not mention Mebane at at all then? "Magically" invisible to the authors , maybe?

His slight at Russel Wilson detractors made me chuckle. Something to the effect that our 'D' has been making some pretty good QBs look like they need to be benched in favor of Matt Flynn. This kinda rings true for the caliber of 4 out of the 5 defenses Wilson has faced thus far...but who really pays attention to that sort of thing? ;-)

HawksFTW

Reaction score
kearly":3cipklxp said:
Sadly, I don't even check Fieldgulls anymore. The new format is killing SB Nation. Reading that article felt like reading a word document. Whoever led that re-design should be fired.

100% agree. I have a love/hate relationship with that place, but it has been a main go-to over the last year or so. The new format change has since made it unbearable. Haven't purposefully clicked on that link in my favorites in a while, but every so often I will forget when someone else links me there. It is like my brain is trying to suppress the change, because EVERY goddamn time it is just as jarring as the first and I immediately hit back on my browser, muttering to myself why I even attempted to go back. I guess I am just hoping someone will get smart over there, and either revert or overhaul the whole thing again.

dunceface

Reaction score
yeah it was always a good place for well thought out analysis and optimism when the sky is falling over here...

jkitsune

Reaction score
FG is a bit of a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, I do enjoy anyone who takes the time to write efforts about the Hawks if they're relatively well-informed about the team in particular or football at large. That said, I just don't think the guy is that talented or witty, and I think he tries to emulate Jeff of Lookout Landing a bit unsuccessfully. I'm guessing the guy is funny in person, but it doesn't translate well in his writing and often dilutes the quality of his analysis.