Bruce Irvin: Will he do well this week?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Not sure about the matchup, but he is at home.

And hey for all the people saying he couldn't get sacks on the road.... HA! :D

Who's he going against, short pass gameplan for Brady? Yada yada yada yada.

Now here's an interesting stat. On only 20 snaps on Sunday, on the road, Irvin got 2 SACKS. Pretty impressive.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm assuming he'll play well just as he has in all the other games. Whether he gets a sack or two, i dont know. Brady historically is pretty tough to sack.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I don't expect a high sack total this Sunday. Brady is a three-step-throw master. This game will be all about our secondary coverage.

MrCarey

Reaction score
I sacked Brady 4 times with him yesterday.

aku

Reaction score
4.5 sacks in 5 games so far. Brady's line is still good, but not really at the elite level he's used to. I don't see any reason why he won't.

aros":13bcslf6 said:
This game will be all about our secondary coverage.
Yeah. But it's really important for the rush to make sure he only gets his three step drops. Brady has no problem holding the ball for seven seconds if his line gives it to him. Hopefully we'll be seeing some coverage sacks next Sunday. Irvin and Clemons are so fast that "no pressure" could turn into "sack" really quickly.

kearly

Reaction score
I never really expect a player to get a sack on any given game. We've only had one player in franchise history that had 16+ sacks in a season (and therefore a sack per game average). I just hope that as a team the Seahawks will get to the QB 3+ times.

As long as Irvin is creating pressure and Tom Brady plays at or below Russell Wilson's level as a result, I'll be happy.

suppaball

Reaction score
Irvins sacks have been on:
1). Romo
2). Rodgers
3). Newton

IMO the 3 that should have been harder to sack of the 5 we have played 96 with Kolb.).

So I see him getting 1 or 2 on Brady.

dunceface

Reaction score
suppaball":ipeh7n47 said:
Irvins sacks have been on:
1). Romo
2). Rodgers
3). Newton

IMO the 3 that should have been harder to sack of the 5 we have played 96 with Kolb.).

So I see him getting 1 or 2 on Brady.

Good point. I like 2. Let's go with 2. :th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If the Patriots coaches are as smart as most people give them credit for being, they will come out and dink-and-dunk all day long, and run anywhere but up the middle. If they do this, we almost certainly lose.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":losedasu said:
If the Patriots coaches are as smart as most people give them credit for being, they will come out and dink-and-dunk all day long, and run anywhere but up the middle. If they do this, we almost certainly lose.

Now, now, Debbie. :twisted:

themunn

Reaction score
If the Patriots coaches are as smart as most people give them credit for being, they will come out, score early then make Brady take a knee on every down (a la The Waterboy) to keep our lean mean defensive machine off the field and challenge our offense to beat them.
Because their O have no chance against our D.

sam1313

Reaction score
As long as Irvin gets a good share of hits on Brady I will be pretty happy. We need to hit him and hit him often from multiple positions. Of course, sacks work really, really well too (and I particularly like the variety that end with Red, Mebane or Branch falling on the opposing QB).

jlwaters1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":tnhbo208 said:

It's hard to "dink and dunk" if the WR's can't get off the LOS. I hope Sherman and BB are in press coverage all day long. Take away those quick timing routes by jacking up the WR's from making their cuts and getting a good jam on Gronk.

The PATs aren't unbeatable. AZ and Baltimore proved that. I think Seattle has a great chance in this game. Think about GB, they have better weapons and just as good QB and a better defense and we still kept them at bay. The key will be limiting NE to FG's when they get their chances in the redzone. If the 3rd Down defense contines the trend from last week and allowed less than 30% than I think we stand a good chance.

Largent80

Reaction score
The beauty of our line is that all the guys are playing at a high level. This is gonna create a long week for the O.C. in N.E.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":s4zj15kd said:

We're not losing this game, RoRo.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
If Irvin is out there getting sacks, then that's a good sign the Pats no huddle offense has been abandoned/isn't working. Because once they see Irvin on the field their going to their no huddle and going to start running the ball. Since Irvin only comes in on passing downs, the Pats are likely to be trying to throw for a first down on the play he comes in. A sack then stops them cold. They convert, however, and he may not get off the field for a while and they may not throw a whole lot of passes during that time.