NFL Primetime Hates The Seahawks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently.

Why did the suits at ESPN decide to destroy what used to be my favorite sports show by cutting Chris Berman and add the three on the show now? Not only do they spend half the show breaking down plays from what they consider the most important games from the day before (see: East Coast Teams), but they don't even show all of the games (see: Any Game The Seahawks Played In).

I waited and waited and realized at 58 minutes in that they weren't even going to bother showing highlights from the Seahawks/Panthers game.

What a joke. ESPN you douches. Bring back Berman and make the hour the highlights of ALL the games played.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah I hate that they only do the "best" games now on almost every highlight show.

Just show highlights from ALL games and everyone will be happy. Not just the producer's favorites.

SirTed

Reaction score
It's the worst, man. The worst.

If you want your Berman and Jackson, you have to watch "The Blitz" which is essentially what NFL Primetime used to be (when it was the best sports show on TV) but it's cut-in through out a drawn out SportCenter. I hate it. HATE IT.

I don't mind SportCenter so much, but I always preferred PrimeTime because the highlights and analysis was so much better (not to mention the music).

I don't want to have to sit through Trey Wingo for 20 minutes at a time to get a dusting of the Berm and Jackson.

I've switched, full time to NFL Network. It's not as good as PrimeTime was, but Irvin and Prime play pretty well of straight laced Mooch and Isen.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
Aros":34dzk7yv said:
I waited and waited and realized at 58 minutes in that they weren't even going to bother showing highlights from the Seahawks/Panthers game.

I do this same thing every week only to get bamboozled every time. I don't even know why I fall for it. They never show Seahawk highlights.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
I don't watch ESPN at all, but Berman is the biggest joke in the industry. The guy should have retired years ago, when his shtick was at least somewhat amusing. I don't know who they replaced him with, but just about anybody would be better.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Embrace the hate, Aros. It will make the honey sweeter.

Happy

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1c55eojh said:

Wilson is the Kwisatz Haderach. The seahawks shall topple the house of espn and bathe in the blood of the cowboys and giants.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow HawksFTW, did Berman sleep with your wife or what?

I was just talking to my neighbor and we both went on and on about how awesome Primetime used to be with Berman and Jackson. The funny one-liners, the quick quips and highlights always made Mondays awesome. Now you have to be subjected to Merrill Hodge's love fest with himself ("ooooooh!! oooooooh!! Camera time!!") and sideline interviews from a reporter talking about a game that won't be played for another 7 hours.

Does anyone know why Berman is no longer doing Primetime?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
sadhappy":1xqb8v14 said:
Scottemojo":1xqb8v14 said:

Wilson is the Kwisatz Haderach. The seahawks shall topple the house of espn and bathe in the blood of the cowboys and giants.

Long live Russell Atreides!!!

PS after that amazing reference just lock and sticky this thread.

Stiletto

Reaction score

Wow! And the random Dune quote for the win!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And here I thought I was a nerd. (j/k) ;)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Old NFL Primetime with Boomer and Tom Jackson (and occasionally Bill Pidto) was the best NFL highlights show that ever did exist. I think Rich, Mooch & Prime do a pretty good job on NFL Network but nothing will ever beat the old NFL Primetime IMO.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. By far the best sports-related highlight show bar none. I really, really would like to know why ESPN destroyed it.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I prefer the NFL stuff. However, I was disappointed that yesterday they only had a couple of seconds from the game, starting with the RW pick 6, implying that he sucked it up. NEvermind the rest of the game.

Twisted

Reaction score
Aros":15yoj984 said:
Apparently.

Why did the suits at ESPN decide to destroy what used to be my favorite sports show by cutting Chris Berman and add the three on the show now? Not only do they spend half the show breaking down plays from what they consider the most important games from the day before (see: East Coast Teams), but they don't even show all of the games (see: Any Game The Seahawks Played In).

What a joke. ESPN you douches. Bring back Berman and make the hour the highlights of ALL the games played.

yea, after what was one of the best goal line stances the nfl has seen in some time against the best offense in the red this season the media munkees choose to totally ignore that series which most likely was the key series on the game..

tough to watch any of that stuff any more, just a lot of rhetoric, not too mention how difficult it is listening to the diatribe those dorks spit out on game day, its brutal, Sunday night is the only decent commentating the NFL has today and Al Michaels is the only real game announcer left in the NFL, Collinsworth is OK but he tends to sensationalize more than he calls the game, Michaels is great at just calling the game sporting stats and leaving his bias on the plane..

ESPN is just a joke in terms of commentating, good grief, buncha women and worse than a sewing circle...

Riley12

Reaction score
HawksFTW":27aws2m0 said:
I don't watch ESPN at all, but Berman is the biggest joke in the industry. The guy should have retired years ago, when his shtick was at least somewhat amusing. I don't know who they replaced him with, but just about anybody would be better.

I always thought that Berman was the biggest Seahawks supporter/advocate on that channel after John Clayton. Maybe
I only saw the times when he was talking us up.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1zkrpmn9 said:
I just watch NFL.network haven't been able to stomach ESPN for 3-4 years at least.
I'm in the same boat. NFLN isn't great, but ESPN is just god-awful these days.

The Radish

Reaction score
These things are why I'm not an NFL fan anymore, just a Seahawks fan.

I get the NFL Network with my top 250 from Dish but never watch. I also only watch ESPN when I want a particular thing, like a game score or something.

I still can't see why someone like Aros is getting so fired up about that crap now since its always been that way and will continue until the Seahawks win back to back to back Super Bowls.

:141847_bnono:

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I used to watch NFL Primetime on Sunday evenings with my buddies back in the late 80's and it was the BEST. I still don't understand why ESPN tanked the show - there's no way it was taking a ratings hit. Boomer and Jackson were both great and work so well together - and they're both still active with the network, so I don't understand what the reason was. I miss the highlight music too.