December 2nd, Dave Krieg and Las Vegas

sam1313

Reaction score
So we were at Scooter's Pub in Las Vegas yesterday, and they announced Dave Krieg would be there on 12/2/12. Thought I would throw that out there in case anyone else lives here or was planning to come to town. Cheers. :thirishdrinkers:

pehawk

Reaction score
Whoa - nice! My all-time favorite. Plus, I'm looking for a reason to go there anyways.

OP
OP
sam1313

sam1313

Reaction score
My wife won the Braylon Edwards Jersey ParisPC07. We were on the left side in front of the big TV 3rd table back. Just the two of us drinking Bud Light and Clamato, and mowing down some fire-roasted artichokes and nachos! (And screaming like I was at the game or something! :lol:

ParisPC07

Reaction score
I had the green 12 back by the pool table. That was my second game there because I work on Sundays until the election. Its really a great atmosphere in there.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pehawk":w683usqs said:
Whoa - nice! My all-time favorite. Plus, I'm looking for a reason to go there anyways.

I already called Mudbone and warned him.

grizbob

Reaction score
pehawk":wpbteo9e said:

Wow, me too pe, maybe you'll get lucky and get to see meet me twice :D BTW I still owe you a drink :thirishdrinkers:

grizbob

Reaction score
bestfightstory":ymbewijg said:
Sounds good to me! 80% chance I will be there.

Very cool Leif, booking my room as we speak. :D

Hope that doesn't dissuade you :mrgreen:

grizbob

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":37iovxdo said:
Bring a golf pencil so his tiny hands can get you an autograph

:roll: Buuuut seriously I think a hand shake with my mostest favorirtest Seahawks QB would top my year off just fine. :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Don't ask him to sign anything that might break if dropped.

I will never forget Krieg's game winning TD against KC after being sacked 7 times (I believe) by Derrick Thomas. What a sack machine (and great guy) Thomas was. He died too soon and took the heart of the Chiefs with him. I don't think they've been a legitimate threat since.

grizbob

Reaction score
HawkWow":1og8oh34 said:

I will never forget Krieg's game winning TD against KC after being sacked 7 times (I believe) by Derrick Thomas. What a sack machine (and great guy) Thomas was. He died too soon and took the heart of the Chiefs with him. I don't think they've been a legitimate threat since.

Me neither, it WAS DT, the receiver was Paul Skansi. I was on the road at the time driving truck in Alaska, listening on the radio. Damned near drove off the road when that happened. Wow memories :th2thumbs:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
grizbob":1f1xdo3u said:
HawkWow":1f1xdo3u said:

Me neither, it WAS DT, the receiver was Paul Skansi. I was on the road at the time driving truck in Alaska, listening on the radio. Damned near drove off the road when that happened. Wow memories :th2thumbs:

Did you do the the ice road in AK? I drove all the way to Prudhoe (in August).

grizbob

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2wqrz56h said:
Did you do the the ice road in AK? I drove all the way to Prudhoe (in August).

No Leif, I drove south central AK, was on a lot of ice but there was always pavement under it :D

Prudoe in August eh? Bet that was fun :th2thumbs:

pehawk

Reaction score
Oh wow, fumble jokes, how clever! IIRC, he's 3rd all-time behind Moon and Elway, they must have small hands too (and never played behind a PB lineman like Krieg neve did, either)

OP
OP
sam1313

sam1313

Reaction score
So someone gave me a good tip when we won the jersey. Cover the Edwards and have Krieg sign it (since it is #17). If Edwards doesn't seriously step it up the next few weeks I may have to do that.

So I would like to meet a bunch of you other psycho Seahawks fans, so if you guys are coming we should all get together for a beer. I'll try to remember to do a post prior to 12/2.

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":1dqj0jsi said:
Oh wow, fumble jokes, how clever!

IIRC, he's 3rd all-time behind Moon and Elway, they must have small hands too (and never played behind a PB lineman like Krieg neve did, either)

The next time someone says anything critical of your childhood idols...REPORT THAT PERSON TO THE POLICE!!

Despite going to the pro-bowl (with a losing record), Krieg was an above average QB at best. Yes, he fumbled like crazy and worse, once he messed up in a game.. he was done for the game.

For the majority of his career, he had an excellent line. Ever hear of Ground ChucK? That line made household names out of guys like John L and Curt Warner. In fact they made them superstars. And John L, in turn, made Krieg look much better than he was. I don't recall Moon's or Elway's leading receiver being a fullback.

Maybe that line couldn't pass protect? Ever hear of "Air Chuck"? How about Steve Largent? When Krieg wasn't throwin' the ball to Wiliiams...he threw it to Largent. Largent had more than a few circus catches in his days catching balls from Dave.

Krieg was benched for such celebrity QBs as Gale Gilbert, Kelly Stouffer and Dan McQwire. He later backed up Scott Mitchell in Detroit. Elway backed up...uh, nobody that I can recall. Ever.

I didn't want to have to write this about old Mudbone and complimented him earlier in this thread. But when some yoyo with a stat book starts throwing his name around with names like John Elway, clarification becomes mandatory. Dave was a decent human and if asked, I'm sure he would agree with this post.

HansGruber

Reaction score
HawkWow":3ezfursk said:
pehawk":3ezfursk said:

IIRC, he's 3rd all-time behind Moon and Elway, they must have small hands too (and never played behind a PB lineman like Krieg neve did, either)

The next time someone says anything critical of your childhood idols...REPORT THAT PERSON TO THE POLICE!!

Despite going to the pro-bowl (with a losing record), Krieg was an above average QB at best. Yes, he fumbled like crazy and worse, once he messed up in a game.. he was done for the game.

For the majority of his career, he had an excellent line. Ever hear of Ground ChucK? That line made household names out of guys like John L and Curt Warner. In fact they made them superstars. And John L, in turn, made Krieg look much better than he was. I don't recall Moon's or Elway's leading receiver being a fullback.

Maybe that line couldn't pass protect? Ever hear of "Air Chuck"? How about Steve Largent? When Krieg wasn't throwin' the ball to Wiliiams...he threw it to Largent. Largent had more than a few circus catches in his days catching balls from Dave.

Krieg was benched for such celebrity QBs as Gale Gilbert, Kelly Stouffer and Dan McQwire. He later backed up Scott Mitchell in Detroit. Elway backed up...uh, nobody that I can recall. Ever.

I didn't want to have to write this about old Mudbone and complimented him earlier in this thread. But when some yoyo with a stat book starts throwing his name around with names like John Elway, clarification becomes mandatory. Dave was a decent human and if asked, I'm sure he would agree with this post.

Anyone who actually watched Krieg play remembers the guy always played all-out, with tons of heart, and gave us some of the best comeback wins in the history of this franchise. To act like he played behind a great O-line and only threw to Largent, and owed it all to Warner? Well gee, thanks for proving you never watched any Seahawk football in the 80's. I remember a Dave Krieg that whipped Elway's ass numerous times and went to 3 Pro-Bowls. I remember a Krieg that threw for 3700 yards and made Seattle the 5th ranked offense in the NFL (and went to the Pro-Bowl) in 1984 WITHOUT Curt Warner, then went to the playoffs and whooped the stinking Raiders.

And no, Krieg wouldn't agree with the nonsense in your post. I've had the massive honor of dining with Krieg at a charity function (got to sit at his table), and he has very fond memories of his career and shared some of those with me. It was one of the greatest moments of my life, listening to the only Superhero I ever admired as a kid retell stories about Jim Plunkett cussing after getting his ass whipped. Oh, and that TD pass in that game was to Daryl Turner. You obviously don't remember him, but he was pretty good.

And another thing, Krieg has huge hands. I've had the honor to shake his hand and it engulfed mine and I have larger hands than normal. He also has a lovely wife who is still a knockout bombshell. So keep the smack talk to a minimum, mortal. Krieg is a god and you are a nobody.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HansGruber":3e7ujtyg said:
HawkWow":3e7ujtyg said:
pehawk":3e7ujtyg said:

Anyone who actually watched Krieg play remembers the guy always played all-out, with tons of heart, and gave us some of the best comeback wins in the history of this franchise. To act like he played behind a great O-line and only threw to Largent, and owed it all to Warner? Well gee, thanks for proving you never watched any Seahawk football in the 80's. I remember a Dave Krieg that whipped Elway's ass numerous times and went to 3 Pro-Bowls. I remember a Krieg that threw for 3700 yards and made Seattle the 5th ranked offense in the NFL (and went to the Pro-Bowl) in 1984 WITHOUT Curt Warner, then went to the playoffs and whooped the stinking Raiders.

And no, Krieg wouldn't agree with the nonsense in your post. I've had the massive honor of dining with Krieg at a charity function (got to sit at his table), and he has very fond memories of his career and shared some of those with me. It was one of the greatest moments of my life, listening to the only Superhero I ever admired as a kid retell stories about Jim Plunkett cussing after getting his ass whipped. Oh, and that TD pass in that game was to Daryl Turner. You obviously don't remember him, but he was pretty good.

And another thing, Krieg has huge hands. I've had the honor to shake his hand and it engulfed mine and I have larger hands than normal. He also has a lovely wife who is still a knockout bombshell. So keep the smack talk to a minimum, mortal. Krieg is a god and you are a nobody.
And in the middle ground of these two rather extreme opinions the two of you have posted in this thread lies the truth about Dave Kreig's career.