Just re-watched the game

Largent80

Reaction score
Observations:....

Giacomini's penalty on the long pass to Tate was a nice takedown/tackle/tapout.

He redeemed himself big time in the 2nd half with a bunch of good blocks with one the pancake variety. He also was finishing off his blocks then throwing his hands up in the air to make sure the refs saw he wasn't holding. It is amazing what some bench time will do.

For the most part the O-line was solid/nasty and getting after it.

Beast was exactly THAT...a friggin load to bring down. A defensive nightmare.

Sidney Rice made a bunch of nice catches, as did Miller (the balls to Miller were perfectly thrown), same with Tate, who is having the breakout season I was hoping he would. When he isn't catching, he is blocking very well.

RW threw the ball very well save for the wrong shoulder throw to Lynch, and the behind a bit to McCoy.

Other than that, he looked good throwing the ball. When he takes off, he had a tendency to run right into a defender, sometimes it was the only guy around him. He did have some decent scrambles but always seemed to come up a wee bit short of the 1st down.

We almost had a couple more picks in this game, if we can start coming up with them, those are gonna be game changers.

Our D-Line has become a strength. relentless pressure and they batted down at least 3 passes from the NOT SHORT Newton.

Steve Smith is a friggin PUNK ASSED BITCH.

Our special teams pinned them back a grip of times. Great work by Farwell as well.

Bobby Wagner is awesome, all over the place, playing way beyond where I thought he would be.

All in all......We played a solid game. Of course we left some points out there, but a hard fought win on the road is huge.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Lots of folks hate Breno - I like what he brings to our team and hope he can bottle it up when he needs to.

Was it Steve Smith that broke Ken Lucas's nose in camp a few years back? Sherman will undoubtedly ruin many more WR's days down the road, but no doubt Steve Smith is probably the biggest baby of them all.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
One other thing I want to add here. On their last drive Carolina was able to exploit the middle. I wasn't paying attention to whether we were in zone or not, but at least we got some pressure.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I don't blame Steve Smith for acting like a psychopath during the game. If I had dudes that had that much height and weight mauling me like that I'd fight back any way I could. Given his size he has to play dirtier than Browner/Sherman.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Smith should have been flagged more than once for his bullshit tactics.

I didn't mention the refs making so many calls against us, but these doofuses are as bad as their replacements. They suck, always have, always will.

kornd4wg93

Reaction score
In the 2nd half when Breno pulled his hands back after finishing a block, I noticed Okung starting to grab him to make sure. I think it was Marshawns critical 3rd and 7.

Seems they're holding each other accountable.

chawx

Reaction score
Largent80":7hc7we2h said:

I didn't mention the refs making so many calls against us, but these doofuses are as bad as their replacements. They suck, always have, always will.

It felt like the "fix" was in for a while there. Big play after big play was taken away by a weak holding call or a weak Unnecessary Roughness call... I knew we'd see more of this as the season progressed with these "real" refs. That's why I liked the replacement refs better, even with all their flaws. I mean, at least they kept it consistently fair while being consistently crappy, these refs have no shame, and will make a call based solely on the outcome of a play to help a predetermined team win/lose.

*See the end of the SD vs NO game—after a few amazing plays on the final drive by SD getting called back to the point where even Colinsworth was laughing about it, you could tell the league would no way allow Brees' record-breaking day to go down as a loss.*

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Largent80":2a9ms5ha said:
One other thing I want to add here. On their last drive Carolina was able to exploit the middle. I wasn't paying attention to whether we were in zone or not, but at least we got some pressure.

It always seems like in that situation that even the best defenses give up stuff in the middle (nearing end of game with lead). I wouldn't call it prevent because they went after Newton, but certainly loose. Carolina had not really tried a lot over the middle up until that point.

You did mention it though and it is my ONLY concern with the defense, that being very little. Kam and ET cover it well, especially ET who seems to be involved with every play no matter where the guy is.

Damn... Thank you Pete and John, thank you for giving us this defense so quickly.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":38w64v6o said:
RW threw the ball very well save for the wrong shoulder throw to Lynch, and the behind a bit to McCoy.

Steve Smith is a friggin PUNK ASSED BITCH.

I might be wrong (nothing new there) but I think Wilson saw a defender coming in on McCoys right to make a play on the ball, and Wilson made a slight adjustment to throw slightly low and to the left figguring McCoy might be able to make the adjustment and the catch.

Smith was RESPONSIBLE for helping the Panthers LOSE the game with his penalty, and his Coaches should be all over his ass for being a douche punk.
He was getting away with a lot of shit, and was emboldened to continue, as he was given way too much leeway, Sherman was getting into his head, and Smith went to the well one time too many.
I noticed that he did shy away from confrontation with Browner, so that told me that he wasn't as stupid as he appeared :16:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2cuoz0xz said:

Boy ain't that the truth, those replacement Referees got a lot less money to make big mistakes than the regulars.
Those Refs need to be chastised by the NFL for the blatant bad calls, as well as the non-calls, as they are suppose to represent profesionalism (sp.), and they are NOT earning their big raise in pay, nor do they deserve a raise in pension if they aren't doing their jobs,,,Hell, people want to kill tenure for teachers that come up short on doing their jobs right.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I agree with most of it except for the comments on Steve Smith. Sure, he had a bad game but he fought right back out our huge nasty CBs, something that a lot of guys don't do. Ya, they got in his head, but instead of hiding he realized he was in a fight and didn't wilt. He was playing WR like we like to see Browner play CB, just not as effective.

I have a lot more respect for Smith going "dirtball" right back at our DBs than the Dallas WRs for going into wussmode.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
kobebryant":20j4n28b said:
I agree with most of it except for the comments on Steve Smith. Sure, he had a bad game but he fought right back out our huge nasty CBs, something that a lot of guys don't do. Ya, they got in his head, but instead of hiding he realized he was in a fight and didn't wilt. He was playing WR like we like to see Browner play CB, just not as effective.

I have a lot more respect for Smith going "dirtball" right back at our DBs than the Dallas WRs for going into wussmode.

Sorry but slamming Sherman into the ground two times hardly is the way we play defense, he is a friggin douche.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Okung hold? Just curious, did you happen to see whether that was a foul-up on the jersey number (as many have speculated?) Or was it just a rump call?

SirTed

Reaction score
There's no excuse for Steve Smith. As Largent said, this guy has proved time and time again that he's a punk. Straight up. His tactics on the field are sort of defensible, but when you couple that with his side line antics (see 2005 NFCCG) and even REPEATEDLY getting in fights in practice and training camp, $%&# that dude.

12thMan1

Reaction score
Largent80":2owjvl5m said:

Which team hasn't exploited the middle? Arizona did it, Green Bay and St Louis all had receivers make wide open catches in the middle of the field. I don't specifically remember Dallas haven't any consistentancy with that approach against our D but hell they could have. Is this a LB problem or a DB problem?

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm trying to recall the name of our one-time corner that Smith attacked without warning..aw, Ken Lucas. That was just ugly and anyone that is a fan of this pint sized punk is likely a punkass themselves. That boy should have been booted from the team, if not the NFL. There's not many players I'd like to see carried off the field but....

I'll just leave it at that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":1bfy3wlr said:

Point is, Sherman did NOTHING to Smith to warrent him doing dumb shit moves.
Like I said, IF little boy Smith was so tough, why didn't he attack the agressive & nasty Browner?, because Browner would have drilled his ass into the ground, that's why.
The dumb @^%$er might have "Realized He Was In A Fight" he was "WILTING PLENTY" on Browners side, so he moved over to Shermans side, and then went on the offensive, and like I said Sherman played it smart, and Smith ended up helping his team LOSE!
That still doesn't alter the fact that Stevie Smith is a major douche bag.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think that our guys did exceptional not to bite on that crap from Smith who would have gladly accepted the retaliation penalty.

On the other hand, take your pick, if that little baby wants to pick a scrap, he loses big to both Sherman and Browner.

Smith is just a child, he is a big tantrum guy and wanted to get our guys in the flag business. It was pretty easy to see that the refs wanted no part of rewarding Seattle with a much deserved unsportsmanlike call. That take down was BS and right on front of the stripes.

Smith is just pissed because he is such a non-factor and can't handle the failure.

morgulon1

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":g35mkkyd said:
Lots of folks hate Breno - I like what he brings to our team and hope he can bottle it up when he needs to.

Was it Steve Smith that broke Ken Lucas's nose in camp a few years back? Sherman will undoubtedly ruin many more WR's days down the road, but no doubt Steve Smith is probably the biggest baby of them all.

To answer your question : yes it was S Smith.. Seattle reduced him to tears in the NFC championship game. He is clearly nowhere near the same player but Im with you. He is a pathetic bitch and Sherman f-up his mind big time. He didnt look like he wanted to come close to catching the ball and risk getting lit up.

Latest posts