Who's the worst player on the defense - how awesome is he?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Happypuppy wrote:Of the starters , Hill misses a lot of tackles.

My guess is next draft that is addressed. Not them at I don't like Hill. I do. Was just thinking that during the game. I thought and do think he plays well.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Funny I was just thinking about how good this defense is across the board and I wondered who the worst player is. Low and behold someone posts a thread about it. Not that Hill is a bad player but currently I'd say he's the laggard. And to think in Holmy's last year and Mora's one only year there was nobody in the whole team that was a league star (or up and coming) at their position.
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

• jkitsune wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I remember getting SCOLDED and flamed for sayin Russell. To the point the old editor questioned if I sould even post anymore.

I remember this. You were pissed at Russell backing away from a tackle and wanted him cut immediately, and had to be talked down that he was keeping the play in front of him until Rocky Bernard could catch up from behind....

To be honest, I remember thinking Deon Grant and BRuss were HUGELY improved over the days of Boulware and whoever we had opposite Boulware on any given Sunday.

Still haven't changed my mind.

Oh, and keyboards on new laptops, BLOW.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I remember getting SCOLDED and flamed for sayin Russell. To the point the old editor questioned if I sould even post anymore.

I remember this. You were pissed at Russell backing away from a tackle and wanted him cut immediately, and had to be talked down that he was keeping the play in front of him until Rocky Bernard could catch up from behind....

To be honest, I remember thinking Deon Grant and BRuss were HUGELY improved over the days of Boulware and whoever we had opposite Boulware on any given Sunday.

Still haven't changed my mind.

Oh, and keyboards on new laptops, BLOW.

Almost as bad as Boulware and Hamlin blew.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:Great question. I think it's Branch, but he's still doing his job, and fairly well.

'Worst' isn't a good description. But Branch is definitely the least awesome. But that is NOT to mean he's not good, just not AS good.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• The worst player on our D is any player from the O. They hurt our D more than the D does...right?
    Oh DonkoSpurt We Hardly Knew Ye!
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

• Counting only players from our base 4-3 defense (so not including Trufant, Johnson, Smith, etc), I'd say Leroy Hill. Hill has pretty much been the definition of average this season.

Chancellor is probably the 2nd "worst." He's still a good player, but this year he's more pedestrian whereas last year he was making plays everywhere. It could just be that our defense is so good now that he has less opportunities to make impact plays.

Jason Jones is the 3rd "worst" if you count him as a starter. He's not bad against the run, but so far he's looked like our 3rd best pass rusher at DT. Both Mebane and Branch have created more pressure. In my own observations, at least. Jones is an okay player, but I wouldn't bring him back for another $5 million if I was the GM. I'd definitely bring back Branch though, he can back up Mebane and play 3 tech too. I didn't think it was possible to have a more under-rated season coming off an under-rated season, but Branch is doing just that.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information