Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For some reason, the Seahawks are nearly unbeatable at home.

Agreed?

Sure, there's the one or two games a year where you leave CLink and say "WTF"?

But 90 percent of the time, the Seahawks beat whomever they are playing in Seattle. At home. Bliss.

The Patriots are a very, very good AFC team. Tom Brady is a future first-ballot HOF QB.

However, they are not used to playing in the loudest, most disruptive and intimidating stadium in the NFL.

After today's performance, the Seahawks may just have the #1 defense in the entire National Football League.

Think about how SICK our defense will be at home.

Think about how loud the Power of 12 will be.

Win.

BGHawk

Reaction score
Ohh..I also drive by your exit every Monday and Thursday..lol, ill be sure to yell GO HAWKS every time from now on. Or stop in for a quick beer at your local dive..let me know..haha

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Need this kind of thread to counter all the 'prepare' to lose' bullshit we will see this week.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Unless the Texans post a shutout tomorrow (entirely possible, btw) we'll have the number 1 scoring defense in the league. We're not number one in yards (although still towards the top in both rushing and passing), but games aren't won or lost by yards. Offenses just don't really score on us. It's all about our offense, and I expect them to continue on the path to improvement, especially in front of the home crowd. The Patriots have the 24th ranked passing defense and are prone to giving up passing touchdowns. I think this is the perfect game for Russ & the boys to really break out and show what they're capable of.

This team is about to hit it's stride. The Patriots have no idea what they're getting themselves into. I almost feel sorry for them.

Edit: I must have been looking at the stats last night before they were updated. Seahawks are #1 overall defense and Patriots are #30 against the pass. Put that in your cap and smoke it.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1n2wffte said:
This team is about to hit it's stride. The Patriots have no idea what they're getting themselves into. I almost feel sorry for them.

Now THAT is the spirit.

4-2. Sounds awfully nice doesn't it?

BELIEVE IT.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Aros":242srwmh said:
Zebulon Dak":242srwmh said:

Now THAT is the spirit.

4-2. Sounds awfully nice doesn't it?

BELIEVE IT.

Oh I believe brother!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm ready to prefunk....

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Aros":18sh1rgt said:
I'm ready to prefunk....

Tell me about it!!!!

This whole preseason/regular season feels like a prefunk for the playoffs!

I'm so hyped I can't even sleep sometimes.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will make love to our defense. In a non-sexual kind of way.

Just kidding.

Or am I?

tubbs51

Reaction score
According to NFL.com's stats section the Seahawks are #1 in total yards given up and tied for first with the Cards and Texans for least TDs given up and 3 for least points given up as well.

I think its ok to refer to the Legion of Boom and Friends as the #1 defense right now.... Knock on wood!

oh and to put it in perspective, the Bills have the 31st ranked defense when it comes to points given... at almost 100 points more than the Seahawks!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Pete definitely wants to beat the team that 86ed him back in the day, but Bill knows this and will have his hands team working on recovering onside kicks all week.

I think we have a chance (at home) if our offense doesn't turn the ball over and our D can limit NE to 21 pts. Even then, our D will likely have to score, or at least set the O up with excellent field position thru-out the contest for us to have a chance in this one. I don't believe there is a defense in the league better suited to stop NE than us.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I am 5-0 in my last 5 games at Seahawks Stadium.

MNF vs Peckers
MNF last year vs Iggles
Home Opener Last Year vs Cards
BEASTQUAKE
Week 17 game vs Rams (the 'Let's NOT Suck For Luck' game)

Just sayin'.......if anybody has an extra ticket, I wouldn't be a bad place for it to go...

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Manhandling receivers will help, but if even one of them has a tiny bit of separation for a small period of time, Brady will get them the ball. This team rarely loses because everybody on offense "does their job" and aren't trying to hit home runs.

To win this game, the pass rush must be brutal and relentless like it was in the NE/Arizona game without much blitzing. Brady will be controllable if the pressure starts annoying him. The rush needs to be there or he will "dink and dunk" all the way to the end zone. They will throw the ball a lot and guys are going to get their catches but if they can make Brady less than great in important parts of drives and keep Ridley out of the game there's a good chance to win this.

The Seahawks won't win turning the ball over like the last couple of games because it's very improbable they can hang in a shootout. If the Patriots offense can be slowed running the ball an insane amount of time will keep the Patriots offense off the field and the score low. That's how I like my new-school Seahawks football, anyway.

I really hate the Patriots and I want this win pretty badly. I hope Clemons, Irvin, Mebane, and Jones keep putting that dude in the dirt all day and ruin his manicure.

bellingerga

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3huive4p said:
Need this kind of thread to counter all the 'prepare' to lose' bullshit we will see this week.

No kidding. To hell with all that noise I'm prepared for BLOOD.

Hawks are going to beat the poo out of Brady and company.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Seriously. This team gets taken down by Arizona in their house and we're still supposed to fear the Patriot brand name? No sir. I won't feign confidence that I think we're a lock or anything, but in no way do I go into any Seahawk home game expecting to lose.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
we have a chance because our home turf IS A MOTHER for teams. So yeah, anything can happen here.

Oh and time to get behind this:
940x

Look at that. It's like gold...with feet!!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Just look at what the Seahawks have done thus far this year ...

Yesterday, the Seahawks absolutely destroyed Steve Smith (one of the best WR's in all of the game over the past several years). Smith got only 4 catches for 40 yards and was a complete non-factor in that game. His "holding" penalty against Sherman (in which he looked more like a Pro Wrestler) was the result of total frustration on his part. And that was on the road mind you. Well, Smith is 5'9" 185 pounds -- the exact same size as Wes Welker. Think Sherman, Browner, and crew can't do the same thing to the Pats leading WR as well -- AT HOME?

Brandon Lloyd is a guy who has some recent history against Seattle. In 2010 as a member of the Broncos, Lloyd had 3 catches for 53 yards on 9/19 and really, was a non-factor in that game. Last year with the Rams, he caught 5 balls for 67 yards and a TD on 11/20 (the Hawks won 24-7) ... and 5 balls for 82 yards on 12/12 (the Hawks won 30-13). Lloyd has put up respectable numbers ... but he certainly hasn't been a true difference maker in any of the recent games he's played against us. Heck, the Hawks secondary just limited Jordy Nelson (who ended last season as the 9th best WR) to 19 yards on 2 catches. Brandon Lloyd can provide some match-up problems for opposing secondaries ... but he's no Jordy Nelson.

At 6'6" 265 pounds ... Rob Gronkowski is certainly a guy who could potentially be problematic [he ended last season with 1,263 yards -- the 6th most receiving yards]. That said, the Hawks just limited Jason Witten (6'6" 261 pounds) to 4 catches and 58 yards ... and Jermichael Finley (6'5" 247 pounds) to 4 catches and 60 yards. Those are 2 of the best TE's in the game.

Given that Seattle is giving up a paltry 66.6 Rushing Yards/Game [3rd Best in the NFL] AND that this game is being played in the CLINK ... I very much like our chances.

rawkhawk

Reaction score
GGGOOOOO SEAHAAAWWWWWWKS!!!!. woops. Sorry for the outburst. I just can't help it. lol :0190l:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts