The really cool positive of a good defense....

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Games are always close. ALWAYS close. No more blowouts for us, especially because our defense doesn't just rotate around one player (Steelers) (could make a debate with Earl or Sherman but we have good depth).

We need a legit O. Fast.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1fk74bx3 said:
We're gonna get a legit O. Keep watching, I promise it'll get better.

I actually believe this. We got the pieces, they just need some time. Especially Wilson, the leaps and bounds he makes from game to game are amazing. I am not sure why people aren't more psyched about the kid, because even though he didn't start fast, he is IMPROVING fast, and that's what matters.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":126nbbo3 said:
We're gonna get a legit O. Keep watching, I promise it'll get better.

Of course, the schedule gets easier. Just like last year we will go on a mini win streak.

But is it real this time?

sutz

Reaction score
Another great thing about having a great D is that the offense can play looser and not worry so much about turnovers and mistakes.

As evidenced against Carolina today. :)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
NE will be a good measuing stick. I feel the 'O' still has a looong way to go and Pete isn't helping that any. Our WR still scare nobody as evidenced by Carolina just stacking the box.

Never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm actually hoping our opponents start having more success at stopping Lynch early and somehow putting some early points on us. That way it forces Pete to let Wilson get reps and get on the same page with his WRs at game speed. Not that our WR corps is all-world, but they can be more effect than this.

nsport

Reaction score
NE has finally found a running game after all these years. That will be the new wrinkle in defending that team. However, they are not dominating like they have in years past; this is now a balanced offense with a young and unproven defense. Totally beatable as shown by their record. Not saying it's a lock - but it's the same stuff as always. Nothing new really. They struggle against good defenses (ARI and BAL are their two losses!).

Latest posts