Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Was that safety on purpose?
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:02 pm 
NET Veteran

The announcers seemed to think so. John Ryan did so good! I was freaking out because I didn't really know what would happen, (defensive td, or maybe their ball at the 10) in the end it couldn't have gone better.

So was it on purpose?

Post subject: Re: Was that safety on purpose?
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:06 pm 
NET Starter

Yes, gunners didn't go down field and PC said that it was in his Press Conference at the end of the game.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:08 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Gresham said on Twitter that he was intentionally trying to snap it out of the endzone. So yeah it was intentional

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:08 pm 
NET Veteran

Genius. And no brainier.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:11 pm 
NET Veteran

It was an absolute no-brainer.

Had PC NOT allowed the safety, I would have created a thread about that. I was amazed that the announcers thought it was "brilliant". It was just smart. I was a bit stunned with the high snap..I don't think that was intentional nor a good idea if it were. Just snap the ball, run around killin' clock, take a knee, improve field position. Good stuff.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:11 pm 
* Gangnameister *

Absolutely on purpose, though the shitty snap kinda made it look like a broken play. They do that in the cfl all the time on account of the field being so big. Great strategy. It was like adding 20yards on the punt while removing all possibility of a block AND eating a few seconds off the clock. And all it cost was 2 points (which was completely irrelevant considering they needed a td either way)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:15 pm 
NET Veteran

I thought it was a great call....but it just goes to show you.....IF something had gone wrong and the ball was downed on the field of play by our endzone...all hell would have broken out around here at how stupid it was to attempt!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:15 pm 
NET Veteran

I had to smile as we lined up for the would be punt. I knew we would take the safety and smiled because in the prediction thread....I predicted the score would be 16-12 and the Seahawks would GET a safety. Close.... but my prediction wasn't quite perfect, LOL.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]