Do we have a thread about Defense?

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
A field goal is all they gave up. Offense threw them 7 and special teams gave them 2.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Carolina was averaging 29.25 points per game coming in to this game. Our defense is the $**t!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Love this group. They're gonna be so fired up at home next week. I almost feel sorry for Jesus Brady & the Pats.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I said it all game, they made Cam Newton look like the worst of Tarvaris Jackson.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
They are just SOOOOOO. Good, I don't know who my favorite player is. Sherman had Smith frustrated and didn't get any crappy calls, Browner... WOW, Wagner! Irvin! Clem! ET and Kam both had picks they dropped, Mebane played hurt and played well.

What an amazing defense.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Damn... 64 yards total running for the Panthers and Cam Newton had 42 of it. 16 and 6 for Stewart and Williams.

These guys are scary good. Just scary.

If this offense can clean it up, look out.

Brandon fricking Browner on the option defense. SICK!

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I really liked this: Cam Newton 12 of 29 passing for 141 yards, 7 rushes for 42 yards, the rest of Carolina's RB's rushing yards = Jack Shizzz.

Very impressive, props to stopping the run when Carolina was ahead and really clamping down on the Pass. Way better on 3rd down too.

CASeahawk

Reaction score
This game shouldn't have been close. If our offense doesn't get it together this great defense will be wasted.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Because OH MY GOD, our defense is amazing.

Did you SEE Richard Sherman? Steve Smith couldn't do ANYTHING against him. I love it. 3-2 is such a good feeling. Our defense makes it to where Russell Wilson CAN be a starter and gives him a chance to develop. It sucks that he isn't Cam Newton 2011 good, but he isn't Michael Vick 2012 bad, either. Our defense doing their job is making it to where he can be this way. Without them, we'd be down by double digits immediately every single game. BUT, we have the best defense in the league. QBs just can't do anything to us, so they go to the run, and that doesn't even work. Stuffed at the line on plays that we CALLED as a pass. They are so instinctive and just make it happen.

I feel like I need to buy 9 more jerseys, because I only have Kam and ET.

themunn

Reaction score
about 40% of that came on one drive as well - which ended with 0 points on the 1 yard line

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2n1smga7 said:
The made cam Newton look like Olivia Newton!

Or Big Fig. That's prolly before your time. :mrgreen: Google it!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Im glad we kept a lid on their runs and kept containment on Kam. That only left their that silly deep option, which, yes, is silly against the Hawks!

MrCarey

Reaction score
We still have not given up more than 21 points. Loving it.