Time To GET BEHIND This Defense

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Loving the defense. They need to hold on to some of those interceptions though. They were gifted 2 today, and could have had a third.

Wagner, Mebane, Sherman, Browner, Clemons, Irvin all had great games.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":11rygj0z said:
and demand a DECENT offense!!!!!!

Screw the Brits.
I hear ya bro. I'm definitely buying what you are selling. Decent offense and we'd be 5-0.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Average offense and we'd be 5-0.

And if we cut out dumb penalties, and took advantage of half the opportunities we're getting, we would be throttling teams.

Defense only gave up 3 points, on the road. That's insane. Before the last drive of the first half, Carolina had -5 (that's NEGATIVE) yards passing. Sick.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Imagine how good our defense would be if the offense actually gave them a lead.

Sizable lead, other team becomes 1 dimensional, big plays follow.

This offense needs to start scoring touchdowns to help create this firestorm.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I'm 1000% behind this defense, solid all around. The offense still needs to work on a few things.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
ivotuk":ieee1kdl said:
There are people who arent?

It's a thread the OP has dedicated as a cute little shot at our Eng Hawk fan. :roll:

edogg23

Reaction score
I love this Defense!!!!! Look at what the 49ers are doing. Shutting people down and running up the score. People who are content with us scoring 16 points against a Panthers team giving up an average of 20 points a game need to wake up. We will be in for a reality check the next coupe games if we do not improve fast.

Seeker

Reaction score
do they judge superbowl winners by margin of victory now?

whats our record again?

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Evidently I am INCORRECT

OUR O is where its at.

I'm tryin to figure it all out

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Everybody's behind the defense. If the offense can catch up we're winning super bowls.

themunn

Reaction score
edogg23":2ejxcsc7 said:
I love this Defense!!!!! Look at what the 49ers are doing. Shutting people down and running up the score. People who are content with us scoring 16 points against a Panthers team giving up an average of 20 points a game need to wake up. We will be in for a reality check the next coupe games if we do not improve fast.

to be honest, we all looked at the 49ers last year and said "the 49ers won't be able to keep up winning games with their defense when their offense can't score touchdowns and they have an average QB at the helm"

the 49ers fans said "the 49ers are giving alex smith a conservative offense, don't make mistakes, let the D win the game, and next year, once he's had a year in the system and some continuity, they'll open up the playbook a little more and let them make some plays"

does this sound familiar?

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
We are allowing 14points per game on average. With no team scoring more than 20 against us. And that includes an INT for TD and a special teams TD. And yet we are only 3-2. Our offense needs to get its shit together.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely they do. I don't think anybody honestly disagrees with that. We're improving little by little. We've won 3 of our last 4 hoyoooooooooh!!

HansGruber

Reaction score
This is one of those Captain Obvious moments.

I'll be even more specific - our offense needs to stop negating those big plays with penalties. Seems like every time we come up with something big and some momentum, it's getting called back.

I was really really impressed with Wilson's ability to keep those drives alive though, getting 1st downs after having great plays called back. He just kept the drives alive. I like it.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
HansGruber":2fo7mrqw said:
This is one of those Captain Obvious moments.

I'll be even more specific - our offense needs to stop negating those big plays with penalties. Seems like every time we come up with something big and some momentum, it's getting called back.

I was really really impressed with Wilson's ability to keep those drives alive though, getting 1st downs after having great plays called back. He just kept the drives alive. I like it.

Wilson played very well minus a couple of plays. He was accurate and efficient, and like you said, kept plays and drives alive. He still seems a little hesitant to me at times, but I think that's just him being nervous to make a mistake and/or avoiding the short play when he's hoping something bigger will open up. He also seems to lack the ability to sense where the pressure is coming from and tends to almost run into it, but again I think that's something that will improve with experience. The guy's a winner, he'll get the balance in time. He's already improving.

Side note, seemed like Giacomini played much better once he came back in after being pulled after the penalties. I absolutely love his scumbag attitude, just think his timing on the penalties needs to be improved. I don't mind a personal foul penalty here and there to put the fear of God into the defensive guys coming up against him, just not so fond of them negating important 1st downs.

amill87

Reaction score
I'm with BFS on this one. We should not be at all happy with what our offense is doing. Today wasn't a good day on offense no matter what the stats may say. Our defense was unreal.

I'm gonna flat out say it. We have the best defense in the league. Consider what our offense is putting them through every game (being on the field a lot, short fields to defend, etc), what they have done so far is simply amazing

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Kam Newton had a career low in scoring yards. Carolina had no rushing game. And we STILL won by less than one score. In fact, 4 of our 5 games have been decided by 4, 2, 6, and 4 points. It seems our defense will always keep us within striking distance, yet our offense will always keep the other team within striking distance of a victory, as well.