Thanks to the classy Panthers fans

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Obviously they were all disappointed, but several of them came up to me after the game and gave me congrats. One guy did throw peanuts at me when I screamed after the touchdown pass. But we were shaking hands by the end of the game.

I will say the crowd was pretty out of the game until the last half of the fourth quarter... But from what you all tell me that is the baseline noise level at clink!

One side note... This is probably not news to those lucky enough to be able to see home games, but Pete throws a nice spiral!

One thing I am dying to know... Since I saw it in person I didn't get to hear what the announcers said about the safety... Was that INTENTIONAL??

VaporHawk

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":3h7lnw4z said:
One thing I am dying to know... Since I saw it in person I didn't get to hear what the announcers said about the safety... Was that INTENTIONAL??

Coach sounds like it was intentional. good call.

Glad you had a good time out there!

Riley12

Reaction score
It sounded like there were quite a few Seahawks fans there today. Was that your impression?

OP
OP
CaptainSkybeard

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
More than I expected for sure. It was a pretty solid showing for being an opposite side of the country.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
I could see there being many Hawks fans there. Research Triangle and all. Glad you had a good time!

-SH

sc85sis

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":26fnbtfx said:
Obviously they were all disappointed, but several of them came up to me after the game and gave me congrats. One guy did throw peanuts at me when I screamed after the touchdown pass. But we were shaking hands by the end of the game.

I will say the crowd was pretty out of the game until the last half of the fourth quarter... But from what you all tell me that is the baseline noise level at clink!

One side note... This is probably not news to those lucky enough to be able to see home games, but Pete throws a nice spiral!

Pete played QB and DB in high school. I've read that he has good hands catching the ball too.

The safety was definitely intentional. Jen Mueller said the team was clapping on the sidelines afterwards. Pete also mentioned it in his post game presser.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
i was also at the game . 1st row 30 yrd line visitors side . Just wanna say that i was surrounded by seahawk fans and that the stadium only gets loud on 3rd down. awesome atmosphere though!!

googoodan

Reaction score
congrats, Hawks fans.
I only wish the Panthers would have given you a better game. I could see the Hawks were just giving us short passes, but we never took advantage. Growing Pains!

The stadium rocks when there is competitive, smash mouth football going on. Don't let the 4 point margin fool you, the Hawks dominated us. Fans got taken out early with the 3 and outs. Don't judge us on a terrible showing. (see 2011 vs. Packers, 2008 vs. Bucs for examples)

EmonacoZ71

Reaction score
I was at this game yesterday, it was my first privilege to go to a Seahawks game since I live in NC. Was an awesome time, I couldn't believe how many Seahawks fans were out there tyesterday it was awesome to see, there was a great sense of unity among us it seemed like, anytime I walked by a fellow Hawks fan, it was all high fives and pride. I was curious to know if any of the Seahawk fans that went to the game yesterday are Caroina residents or made the trip from WA? I'm always trying to find Seahawk fans to watch games and such, obviously NC is a pretty random place to find them.

googoodan

Reaction score
EmonacoZ71":1r78pjom said:
I was at this game yesterday, it was my first privilege to go to a Seahawks game since I live in NC. Was an awesome time, I couldn't believe how many Seahawks fans were out there tyesterday it was awesome to see, there was a great sense of unity among us it seemed like, anytime I walked by a fellow Hawks fan, it was all high fives and pride. I was curious to know if any of the Seahawk fans that went to the game yesterday are Caroina residents or made the trip from WA? I'm always trying to find Seahawk fans to watch games and such, obviously NC is a pretty random place to find them.

I noticed a lot of them had Virginia license plates. It seemed to be common, but they could've all been rentals. I do know a few Seahawks fans in Charlotte but as far as I know, none of them made the game.

I lived in WA a few years ago. In fact, I still have a WA license plate on the front of my vehicle. (NC only requires a plate on the rear). I had forgotten about the plate until I pulled into a gas station off the interstate. I noticed a van full of fans in Seahawks gear. Apparently, they noticed the license plate and starting whooping and saying Go Hawks. Then I stepped out of my vehicle in Panthers gear.
Awkward.

googoodan

Reaction score
I just wanted to add something here really quick. If you guys are wondering why I'm still posting here after the customary "congrats" post, the Carolina forums are in full meltdown mode. Its ugly there.

olyfan63

Reaction score
googoodan":34ltia9a said:
I just wanted to add something here really quick. If you guys are wondering why I'm still posting here after the customary "congrats" post, the Carolina forums are in full meltdown mode. Its ugly there.
Just for amusement, I Google'd national coverage of the game today. Lots about "what's wrong with Cam Newton" and how the Panthers performed poorly, but almost nothing about the buzzsaw they ran into called the Seahawks D. I fully expect Carolina to go on a winning streak from here.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I was at the game as well and there was tons of Hawks fans at the game. Im from Tacoma but Im stationed at Fort Benning, GA so I made the 5 hour drive.

And I agree with OP, the Panthers fans were very classy. Had a great time with them. Atmosphere at the stadium is nowhere close to Century Link though.

After the game walking out of the stadium and through the streets I felt like I was in Seattle. "Go Seahawks" chants could be heard everywhere and the sports bars were full of us Hawk fans.

googoodan

Reaction score
olyfan63":tby67zej said:
googoodan":tby67zej said:
Just for amusement, I Google'd national coverage of the game today. Lots about "what's wrong with Cam Newton" and how the Panthers performed poorly, but almost nothing about the buzzsaw they ran into called the Seahawks D. I fully expect Carolina to go on a winning streak from here.
This is true. The Hawks shut down our run and deep passing game. However, you were giving us short underneath routes all day. We never took advantage. When Cam wasn't locked in to a receiver and found the open man, it was either a horrible throw or a drop.

But I think most Carolina fans are upset about the play calling, especially the read option run. Your D line was playing great. Our O line was out of sync. We didn't have time to run such a slow developing play. Yet we ran it over and over and over. We ran the triple option at least 3 times. I think we made it back to the line of scrimmage once.

Last season we ran a pro offense and were 5th in offense. This season we've adopted a college offense and the Hawks were the third team in five games to shut it down.

What makes it worse for us is that last season we had no defense. We could put up 35 and still lose. People keep saying Cam had garbage time stats last season, but that simply isnt true. The defense lost leads late in games. This season we have a respectable defense. But now we can't move the ball anymore.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Carolina had those 5-0 Falcons beaten, beaten, beaten. In the Falcon's house too. Just snakebit... (longtime Seahawks fans know all about that experience) I hope and expect it will get going in the right direction for the Panthers.

Latest posts