Time to GET BEHIND Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The guy is 3-2 as a rookie starter, former third round pick. Is he perfect? Absolutely not. Is he doing better than most other rookie QB's, especially considering he's not the storied #1 overall or top-5 pick who is expected to be great? Absolutely yes. Yeah that pick six was pretty bad but guess what - there are veteran QB's all over the NFL throwing similar passes and getting caught. His second pick was a freak event, the way Lynch juggled it into the air.

That's not an easy place to go and he went 19-25 for 221 yards and a completion percentage of 76.0%. That was progress out there today.

Wilson isn't anywhere close to being the finished article but we've made our bed now. Instead of using a revolving door at QB it's time for these coaches to invest their faith in a guy they've selected. And that means us as fans letting this one ride for a while. He shouldn't have to beat the Pats next week to avoid questions. Look at the schedule and tell me this isn't going to get easier - especially with the home games at the back end. We've had a rock solid start with Green Bay, Dallas, Carolina - and the two supposed 'easier' games have come against opponents from what is suddenly the toughest division in the NFC.

We should be happy with 3-2.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
100% agree. I would love to put all the QB debate behind us. Unfortunatly I dont think its going to happen.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
There was a LOT of progress today! He had an excellent game overall. One bad pass that unfortunately went for six the other way. He was accurate and clutch when he needed to be. Just like I was saying with comparisons to Flacco, they're starting him slow and then releasing him more and more. Incidently it was also game five where Flacco finally broke 200 yards passing his rookie season. Of course, he threw 0 touchdowns and 3 interceptions that game in a blowout loss. Wilson has clearly shown at least as good of progression as he did that year so far.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sorry, not buying the drivel you are selling. A horrible pick six and failing to get in the end zone on 3 Red Zone drives says you are incorrect. That is NOT to say bring Flynn in. But to jut stick your head in the sand and say Wilson was great....phhht. no thanks.

edogg23

Reaction score
I personally didn't see enough. We faced the worst D we are going to see all year, the D gave up 3 points and yet we still came close to losing.

redeye81

Reaction score
Your WITH this team or you NOT..

You decide.. yea Pete and the coaches are CLEAR... RW is best option for us..

Get out of the way or behind us..

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I guess we all have our opinions, and he can look at thin gs differently. Is RW makng progress? I think so and I hope he continues to improve because he missed a wide open Baldwin in the endzone that cost the team a TD. And he missed a wide open Tate crossing the middle. Sheesh, the announcers said this and the replays showe, but oh well, if you want to ignore that or dismiss it....hey, it's your choice.

I, tho, will not.

Sorry.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
Here here English. Young man has still a lot to learn, but he is steadily improving. As you seen today they opneed up the passing game for him and he got his first 200 yard game. The vast majority of his passes where on point (bar the pick 6) and he looked a lot better in the pocket. He is our future, and right now with this D we can allow him to grow and still eek out wins like today.

I hope he continues to progress and we see an explosive offence

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Agreed. He certainly showed improvement today in my book. His line would have been even better minus a couple big penalties. He is still making mistakes and missing open rcvrs at times but def getting better there as well. I heard one of the announcers say something I was thinking too (and they were clearly SC guys). He mentioned how RW was being extremely over cautious in the redzone and not making the needed gamlbles required by NFL QB's probably due to PC emphasizing the no turnover mantra. I happen to agree w/ that and 2nds/expands on what Moon said.

It certainly felt like they were opening the playbook up a bit more today on and off and it seemed to work better. I know it probably helped a bit w/ SC's defense being not as good as we have seen from prior teams but I think that is a really important part of RW's developement. Success breeds success and builds confidence. I was really worried for few that we were going back to Bevel Turtlemode after the pick 6 but then we hit that McCoy seam route for good yardage.

I agree I have seen nothing to warrant not sticking w/ Dangeruss and letting him continue to develope. I am certainly happy w/ 3-2, not has happy as w/ 4-1 but not really surprised about where we stand atm either.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2k2ath72 said:
As long as we win I am behind whoever is our QB.

The only agenda i have is the Seahawks winning.

This

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Wilson took a step backwards last week. This week he took that ground back, with a little more.

As long as he's making headway he needs to stay in there.

bellingerga

Reaction score
There was progress, and that was my only wish. I won't call for Flynn unless Wilson stops showing progress completely for a couple of weeks.

GOod day today, not great, but good and in the right direction.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I thought he had a maybe just slightly above average game considering all the variables. The red zone offense and failure to score TD's is extremely obnoxious considering how good our defense is still becoming. That being said it was nice to see him extremely accurate and see him get over 200 yards. I think the interceptions are to be expected by a rookie QB. Still lots of room to grow, but I also saw growth.

Not sure if I like the awkward across his body throw where he throws against his direction he was pretty accurate with that throw but when he was a little off it causes receivers (think Baldwin last week, irrc) to bobble misjudge the location of the ball (Lynch today). I'm sure it's in his nature to be competitive but I wonder if the coahces will talk to him about that.

I liked seeing the leash extended more but still there is work that needs to be done. The penalty situation should be cause for concern for PC and sorry but Breno cannot play anymore if he can't control himself.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Hey. I was waaaaay behind RW for much of the game.

Not so excited about getting behind YOUR rallying cry, though.

Your criticisms of his struggles have been pretty non-existant and its pretty easy to wave the RW flag on the bandwagon after a win.

So.

No thank you.

VHawk

Reaction score
RW made some very good progress in this game.Made some great throws down field kept drives alive and most important he didnt let two interceptions shake his confidence.You have to give credit to a QB that has all that pressure on his shoulders has a couple of turnovers and just gets back in the game and throws a td.You are wrong if you think this kid isn't the future.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2663mr5x said:
Sorry, not buying the drivel you are selling. A horrible pick six and failing to get in the end zone on 3 Red Zone drives says you are incorrect. That is NOT to say bring Flynn in. But to jut stick your head in the sand and say Wilson was great....phhht. no thanks.

"Wilson isn't anywhere close to being the finished article but we've made our bed now."

Drivel? I'm not so sure OP was calling him a world beater yet.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":329gngpu said:

He's not great. Yet. But he's getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts