BRUUUUUCCCEE

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:49 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Cut him now!


    Haha touche sir.
    Image

    Golden Tate broke my heart. He also ruined my 'Don't Hate Golden Tate' shirt.
    User avatar
    candybars
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 263
    Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:52 pm
    Location: Olympia, WA


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:54 pm
  • Where would we be without an elite defense this year? I shudder to think.

    I hope the offense shows some more improvement next week, no more regressions. If we can start scoring in the red zone this team is going to be scary good. We've been in the red zone so much/..... if we could just start sealing the deal.

    I know the struggles have been frustrating as hell but I don't think everyone realizes how close this team is...... it really comes down to scoring once we get in the red zone and our defense is going to give us ALOT of chances all year.

    I just feel like we're on the edge of a breakthrough..... it's coming.
    User avatar
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5313
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
    Location: Beaverton, Oregon


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:57 pm
  • Entire defense was top notch today! I can't believe they held Carolina to 3 offensive points!
    Image Image
    User avatar
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2134
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:16 pm
  • The sack / fumble was awesome, but when he swatted Newton's leg and brought him down like a Gumby doll, that was incredible! I wasn't for this move on draft day and had my doubts...I'll gladly eat those questions with his play of late. :th2thumbs:
    "Improvement" can come from who you play-
    User avatar
    Verndog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1590
    Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:54 pm
    Location: Auburn, Wa


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 pm
  • Verndog wrote:The sack / fumble was awesome, but when he swatted Newton's leg and brought him down like a Gumby doll, that was incredible! I wasn't for this move on draft day and had my doubts...I'll gladly eat those questions with his play of late. :th2thumbs:



    Ditto. That was a huge play and the kid will likely surpass my expectations for him. From a sack perspective, I felt he needed no less than 8 in his rookie year to show that he was worth the pick. He will surpass that and equally impressive to me is his motor. I think he must have played every snap in pre-season and he just goes and goes.

    Desires to learn, has blazing speed and is absolutely relentless. Barring the I word ( I won't say it), he's gonna' be a monster for a long time. OCs will start game planning for him starting now. Good luck with that.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6165
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:31 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Did he do the wipe me down?


    I saw it on the first sack but if he did it at the end of the game they didnt show it on tv...BRRRRUUUUUUUUUCCCEEE
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3458
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:39 pm
  • Soppie wrote:From his Twitter...
    https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11

    "I was a reach at 15 though! Haaa loving proving y'all wrong it's only the beginning!"

    "I only do this for my family, the state of WV and the 12's nobody else matters!"



    AWESOME! I love it when a player calls out the number 12.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5899
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:16 pm
  • So wait. Is he still a bust?
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    User avatar
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *
     
    Posts: 7191
    Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 pm


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:23 pm
  • JesterHawk wrote:So wait. Is he still a bust?



    Obviously :mrgreen:
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

    Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2778
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:25 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:
    JesterHawk wrote:So wait. Is he still a bust?



    Obviously :mrgreen:


    He'll have the most awesome bust in Canton history. It will look like a petrified predator.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18694
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:27 pm
  • bellingerga wrote:Every year some tool calls one or two of our rookies a bust after a couple pre-season games... its silly.

    Another two I'd throw into this conversation are Okung and Carpenter.... Okung has been a little hit n miss this year but he's panning out to be a good player and Carpenter has flat out stunned me with his miraculous recovery and more than solid play since he came back.

    Anyway, back on topic.... BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE. Love that dude! Bruce and CLem, such a great combo.



    no false starts for Okung today? he must have got sum... :D
    GO HAWKS!!!
    User avatar
    Twisted
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:37 pm
  • Twisted wrote:
    bellingerga wrote:Every year some tool calls one or two of our rookies a bust after a couple pre-season games... its silly.

    Another two I'd throw into this conversation are Okung and Carpenter.... Okung has been a little hit n miss this year but he's panning out to be a good player and Carpenter has flat out stunned me with his miraculous recovery and more than solid play since he came back.

    Anyway, back on topic.... BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE. Love that dude! Bruce and CLem, such a great combo.



    no false starts for Okung today? he must have got sum... :D


    Too bad Okung got the iffy holding penalty. I see a definite improvement the games he's played in so far this season. GiImmaGuacamole deservedly rode the pine for awhile. I hope that helps him get his head straight.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

    Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2778
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:21 pm
  • I'm not impressed.

    Upshaw would've already had 8 sacks this far into the season.
    User avatar
    amill87
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1353
    Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:32 pm
  • there are sacks and there are killer sacks ...that was the latter...freakin sweet
    User avatar
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 702
    Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 7:32 am
    Location: Battleground,WA


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:27 am
  • That's a nice little stat from Hawkblogger. Bruce becomes the 14th player in NFL history to reach 4.5 sacks in his first 5 games

    :179422:
    User avatar
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 978
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:53 pm


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:30 am
  • Someone get the draft experts on the phone and tell them thye hit the nail on the head! TOTAL BUST.


    /sarcasm


    Love this guy! I don't have enough money to purchase a Jersey for every player on the defense!
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:37 am
  • And the think that my great friend bestfightstory wanted Coples instead.

    INCORRECT!
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9779
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:59 am
  • Wait, what? Rookies often take time to develop? Who knew?
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8312
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:35 am
  • ErikG803 wrote:That's a nice little stat from Hawkblogger. Bruce becomes the 14th player in NFL history to reach 4.5 sacks in his first 5 games

    :179422:


    Not only that. Hawkblogger also pointed out that Courtney Upshaw, Melvin Ingram, Quintan Coples, and Chandler Jones have combined for fewer sacks (3.5) than BRUUUUUUUCEEEE.

    To be fair, Jones has three and Upshaw has .5 (Don't forget he dropped to round 2).
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3415
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:47 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:Wait, what? Rookies often take time to develop? Who knew?


    It's almost like there's a transition from college to the NFL.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15610
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:54 am
  • This pick was freakiiiinnnnnnnn Sweeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Status: Active lieutenant in the 12th Man Army
    User avatar
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 723
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:19 am


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 am
  • I really wanted Chandler Jones picked, and seeing his success in NE would make it really tough to accept the Irvin pick if Irvin wasn't playing amazing right now. So glad he is playing great!
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11901
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:29 am
  • Bruce is now 12th in the league for sacks! Our friend Chris Clemons is 6th.

    Bust This BEACHES!!!!
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    User avatar
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 747
    Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 pm


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:15 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    HawKnPeppa wrote:
    JesterHawk wrote:So wait. Is he still a bust?



    Obviously :mrgreen:


    He'll have the most awesome bust in Canton history. It will look like a petrified predator.


    Nice one!
    User avatar
    largenutz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 884
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 pm
    Location: Denver, Colorado


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:54 pm
  • I am one who was critical of Mr. Irvin. I never commented that he was a bust however I expressed my concerns early on and hoped things would change but didn't have a lot of optimism.

    I am proud today to whole heartedly eat my serving of crow. In fact I am enjoying licking my plate clean.

    Congrats to you Bruce. It is my pleasure to have my concerns erased by your play over the last 4 games. Keep the fire burning young man......keep the fire burning.
    BEEF46
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 123
    Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:09 pm
    Location: Minneapolis, MN


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:25 pm
  • I have quite a few friends that really wanted to see Irvin turn out to be a bust simply because they didn't think he should have been picked in the first round. I'm glad they're eating crow. It may be too early to call, but he certainly has the intangibles of an elite defensive end. He may be about 20+ pounds underweight for a DE but his speed, finesse and ability to break through blocks is ridiculous. He doesn't even need a good jump and he's alright on the far edge of OT's. I'm surprised he hasn't drawn some holding penalties.

    Just wait till Irvin gets matched up against a really slow offensive tackle. He will chew them up.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:31 am
  • Coples?.....We don't need no stinking Coples !!!!!!

    Bruce only played on 25 of the 52 snaps on defense and wreaked havok.

    He is a BUST !!!!!!!!
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25004
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Yes, that is a Bacon Wrapped Turkey


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:18 am
  • I was thinking the other night about how each time Bruce gets a sack or makes a big play, I get far more excited than maybe I would normally. You really have to cheer for the kid after all the comments after the draft about how he was undeserving of such consideration.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15610
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:04 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:I was thinking the other night about how each time Bruce gets a sack or makes a big play, I get far more excited than maybe I would normally. You really have to cheer for the kid after all the comments after the draft about how he was undeserving of such consideration.

    not to mention his incredible life story...
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3458
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:12 am
  • Loved watching Bruce go to work on Cam Newton. As long as our secondary keeps receivers bottled up, the sackfest is going to continue. I'm practicing my BRRRUUUUUCE yells for the game.
    User avatar
    seanoob
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 264
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:18 am
  • BEEF46 wrote:I am one who was critical of Mr. Irvin. I never commented that he was a bust however I expressed my concerns early on and hoped things would change but didn't have a lot of optimism.

    I am proud today to whole heartedly eat my serving of crow. In fact I am enjoying licking my plate clean.

    Congrats to you Bruce. It is my pleasure to have my concerns erased by your play over the last 4 games. Keep the fire burning young man......keep the fire burning.


    Real question though is.... Will WALTER FOOTBALL ever publicly eat a big heaping helping of crow, or will he just conveniently forget all the BS Hateraide he was pouring out on draft day and beyond.

    2012 NFL Draft Individual Grades:

    15. Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia: MATT MILLEN LSD-LACED KIELBASA ORGY WITH 200 USDA MEN Grade
    Wow!!! What the hell are the Seahawks doing? You pick one-trick ponies in the third or fourth round. And you pick one-trick ponies who get arrested for robbery and defacing public property in the sixth or seventh round. Did Seattle write the wrong name down on the card? If they did mean to pick him, did they even watch him on tape? He's an athlete playing football. This is one of the worst draft picks of all time.

    http://walterfootball.com/offseason2012sea.php?id=41

    Those are big huge words there Walter. The amount of crow you're going to need to eat will be collosal...

    Random thought... Do any of the busts in Canton have dreads? Cuz that will look Rad.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11565
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:45 am
  • CANHawk wrote:Real question though is.... Will WALTER FOOTBALL ever publicly eat a big heaping helping of crow, or will he just conveniently forget all the BS Hateraide he was pouring out on draft day and beyond.


    This is pretty much his SOP.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8312
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:59 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:Real question though is.... Will WALTER FOOTBALL ever publicly eat a big heaping helping of crow, or will he just conveniently forget all the BS Hateraide he was pouring out on draft day and beyond.


    This is pretty much his SOP.


    We should spam his email with his quote about Irvin.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15610
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:31 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:Real question though is.... Will WALTER FOOTBALL ever publicly eat a big heaping helping of crow, or will he just conveniently forget all the BS Hateraide he was pouring out on draft day and beyond.


    This is pretty much his SOP.


    We should spam his email with his quote about Irvin.


    LINK? :twisted: :stirthepot:
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3458
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:30 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:Real question though is.... Will WALTER FOOTBALL ever publicly eat a big heaping helping of crow, or will he just conveniently forget all the BS Hateraide he was pouring out on draft day and beyond.


    This is pretty much his SOP.


    We should spam his email with his quote about Irvin.


    Don't bother. the hits to his website will just up his ad revenue (as that place is totally spammed by ads). Best thing to do is just ignore him...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11565
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:50 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:Too bad Okung got the iffy holding penalty. I see a definite improvement the games he's played in so far this season.

    I just re-watched the game and I believe that the ref blew the number call on the holding penalty.

    There s NO way Okung (#76) held on that play... however Paul McQuistan (#67) looked liked he did.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3120
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: BRUUUUUCCCEE
Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:11 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    HawKnPeppa wrote:Too bad Okung got the iffy holding penalty. I see a definite improvement the games he's played in so far this season.

    I just re-watched the game and I believe that the ref blew the number call on the holding penalty.

    There s NO way Okung (#76) held on that play... however Paul McQuistan (#67) looked liked he did.


    Damn lysdexia....
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11565
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Next


It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online