Sweezy's decline

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Sweezy's decline
Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:39 pm
  • Is it just me, or is Sweezy the worst offensive lineman on this team AFTER Justin Britt?

    His decline, to me at least, is an indictment on Tom Cable. Yeah, he can run block at times, but overall, Sweezy should be a back up. He gets absolutely destroyed in pass protection. He gets pushed back a lot on run plays. I don't know if he was just never that good to begin with, but this kid looks lost a lot of the time. I keyed in on him against the Panthers and he just continually got manhandled.

    He's a poor man's James Carpenter. I think Seattle lets him walk next season. Gut feeling and all... But Glowinski seems to me to be a much better prospect.
    User avatar
    Rob12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2784
    Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:50 am
    Location: Dayton, WA


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:25 am
  • After Okung, I'd say Sweezy is the next best but you can pretty much rank the next 4 guys either way depending on the game.

    Sweezy plays tough and has the mobility and strength, but he makes too many bad plays in pass pro. What I like though is his attitude of playing tough. He's the nasty thug linemen every line needs and plays with a ton of effort. The coaches love him and based on the tape I can only think it's because of the little things he does well at that's hard to measure.
    "People who don't punch their ponies in the face make me sick." - Louis C.K.
    User avatar
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2912
    Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
    Location: Vancouver, Wa


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:43 am
  • Rob12 wrote:Is it just me, or is Sweezy the worst offensive lineman on this team AFTER Justin Britt?

    His decline, to me at least, is an indictment on Tom Cable. Yeah, he can run block at times, but overall, Sweezy should be a back up. He gets absolutely destroyed in pass protection. He gets pushed back a lot on run plays. I don't know if he was just never that good to begin with, but this kid looks lost a lot of the time. I keyed in on him against the Panthers and he just continually got manhandled.

    He's a poor man's James Carpenter. I think Seattle lets him walk next season. Gut feeling and all... But Glowinski seems to me to be a much better prospect.


    On the topic of Sweezy and O-line, Alvin Baily lost his starting role as we know, but when he does play he looks bad.

    Can some of you that are better at watching and evaluating O lineman add any info?

    Baily looks bad.
    User avatar
    Vesuve
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 86
    Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:02 pm


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:31 am
  • Rob12 wrote:Is it just me, or is Sweezy the worst offensive lineman on this team AFTER Justin Britt?

    His decline, to me at least, is an indictment on Tom Cable. Yeah, he can run block at times, but overall, Sweezy should be a back up. He gets absolutely destroyed in pass protection. He gets pushed back a lot on run plays. I don't know if he was just never that good to begin with, but this kid looks lost a lot of the time. I keyed in on him against the Panthers and he just continually got manhandled.

    He's a poor man's James Carpenter. I think Seattle lets him walk next season. Gut feeling and all... But Glowinski seems to me to be a much better prospect.


    Glowinski a better prospect? I was going to start a thread about him last week but I'll make the comment here. How can he be a better prospect if he cannot even sniff playing on this terrible OL so far this year? Either they are working him in slowly or more likely he isn't good enough to play certainly at this point. I know we needed to save money after paying the core but what we have done is screwed ourselves by letting it get this bad. I cannot for the life of me understand how management would think that this mish mosh line would somehow become even decent.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1879
    Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:20 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:29 am
  • We need to stop drafting D line types and trying to convert them to O line.

    Once is a novelty. Now its just silly.
    Image]
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 8026
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: San Diego, CA


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:47 am
  • Other than Okung way on the left wing, Sweezy is the most experienced OL. Unfortunately he's not experienced enough to compensate for the newbies around him and he becomes more error prone because of it. Instead of learning and growing from success on the line, he's stumbling more from all the potholes in the line.

    Suspect he resigns for a reasonable $ amount. They like him and he probably doesn't have an overinflated sense of $$ value, so he may be ok with a minor bump to his rookie pay.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 698
    Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:22 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:48 am
  • My guess is that Glowinski, whilst probably better in pass pro, isn't as good in the run game and doesn't really justify starting over Sweezy. I think that rolling with Sweezy while we go back to the run game is not only sensible, but could see us net a decent comp pick in 2017.

    Now if this was a matter of Glowinski replacing Britt...
    "I knocked you on your ass tho, that's all I'm sayin'. And imma do it again! Imma continue to do it. Imma do it again, Imma do it again and again!" Kam Chancellor.
    User avatar
    SomersetHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2781
    Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 am
    Location: United Kingdom


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:10 am
  • I have no idea how Britt still starts. There has to be a way to shuffle people around and come up with a better starting unit. I think Pete/Cable are thinking that the current line will be better by the end of the year and they may be right. I'm just skeptical at this point. I hope I'm wrong though.
    Adopt a Rookie: C.J. Prosise
    User avatar
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5634
    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities, Washington


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:13 am
  • austinslater25 wrote:I have no idea how Britt still starts. There has to be a way to shuffle people around and come up with a better starting unit. I think Pete/Cable are thinking that the current line will be better by the end of the year and they may be right. I'm just skeptical at this point. I hope I'm wrong though.


    Pete has come right out and said that he expects this O-line to be rolling by the end of the year. I too have my doubts though.
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    User avatar
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3356
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
    Location: Spokangeles


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:30 am
  • To my untrained eye, both guards have been incredibly disappointing, especially in pass protection.

    Holding out hope that it clicks for Britt. He should be able to play left guard at a high level--physically, at least. I don't know if the learning curve is higher than I would imagine, or if he's just prone to mental lapses.

    GLO-WIN-SKI (maybe?)!
    User avatar
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5268
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:20 pm
    Location: UT


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:47 am
  • No, next to Okung he's our most consistent lineman.

    Now that's not saying much seeing as other than these two guys our line is a dumpster fire. I would like to see some more progression and improvement out of Sweezy in pass protection. He's played long enough for us to see noticeable improvement in that area.

    But he's still a very good road grating run blocker.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 8958
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:48 am
  • I think Tom Cable's blocking scheme is needlessly complicated.

    Which is odd, because Carroll kind of stresses simplicity in every other area of the team.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1369
    Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:38 pm


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:33 am
  • I believe Sweezy has reached his peak. He looks better than he is because the Seahawk OL as a whole is poor. Hell Okung makes stupid mistakes and he's the top lineman for Seahawks. Britt and Sweezy wouldn't be starters on most teams. The problem with Sweezy is that he continues to make the same mistakes. It's like he's not even learning to correct them. Cable is overrated too. His lack of finding real talent on the OL is hurting the team. His highest OL pick in the 2015 NFL draft is a PS player.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5583
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:36 am
  • they as a group are horrible in pass pro. Slow feet and over reaching. They extend too much and puts them way off balance. That's why they get a lot of penalties when they get beat they have to grab and they over extend and their feet can't catch a D-lineman on their edge. That's why it looks at times that they miss a block completely. they all do it. Also they don't get low enough on run blocking. Haven't had to since lynch runs so low and with power. Hurts them on short yardage. The super bowl line was not a great line either but they had one good characteristic.....They were nasty. Cable doesn't seem to be correcting it or these guys just don't have the ability to do what he is coaching.
    Bwarren
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 49
    Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:33 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:00 am
  • We brought in a bunch of guys and developed them for a strategy that we are now not following.
    Our offensive line is built to run the ball.

    The problem is that we are trying to win by passing, which won't work. In fact, the balance of this offense still depends on the run being the primary threat.

    So yeah Sweezy is not producing as a pass protector because his value is as a run blocker. Same with most of the rest of the line.

    It comes down to a fundamental realization that this team runs to win, and passes to keep the chains moving or occasionally score. Trying to flip that equation is flipping our Ws into Ls.

    It is a big mistake to try to make the engine of the team the QB, because our line does not support it (and thus Sweezy and others struggle at their jobs accordingly). The line looks terrible because it is being asked to do something it isn't built to do. Now could it run block better? Yes, but last year we did have a lot effectiveness running with some of the same guys - so the problem is:

    1 - New guys making it harder on the others

    2 - Everyone being asked to do things they really are not put together to do.

    3 - Getting away from running to win.

    Russell is not ready yet and this team will have to endure 2-3 years of losing any shot at competing for a SB if it wants to turn into a passing team.

    QBs that are developing struggle. Just like Luck is doing now. And for all the feting that people are doing for Hasselbeck, I remember the crowd chanting the name of the other guy because Hasselbeck was terrible. He had to learn how to manipulate the defense, what worked and what didn't, where his limits were and where he just thought they were.

    He had to develop his decision-making and to figure out how to use his own offensive options. That took time, and during that time - the offense struggled.

    But even the good ones have some down years when more of the responsibility for the offense is heaped on them. Maybe Brady or Payton did not experience those dips quite so much, but Wilson is no Brady or Payton. That isn't an insult, hardly any QBs are either.

    So instead of trying to put together a passing offense, which isn't something this team is built for and isn't something this QB can shoulder anyway - we need to focus on running the ball, passing in play action and running the RO. Or just admitting we are going to have to transition more of the offense to Wilson and this team won't be in contention for the SB for a 2-3 years as Wilson gets some more development in, and the team gets more supporting resources (line, WRs, etc) for him.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1724
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:16 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:We need to stop drafting D line types and trying to convert them to O line.

    Once is a novelty. Now its just silly.

    At the very least we shouldn't make them starters right away.
    User avatar
    MysterMatt
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7533
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:21 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:I believe Sweezy has reached his peak. He looks better than he is because the Seahawk OL as a whole is poor. Hell Okung makes stupid mistakes and he's the top lineman for Seahawks. Okung and Sweezy wouldn't be top lineman on most teams. The problem with Sweezy is that he continues to make the same mistakes. It's like he's not even learning to correct them. Cable is overrated too. His lack of finding real talent on the OL is hurting the team. His highest OL pick in the 2015 NFL draft is a PS player.


    Okung is a better LT than many other teams have. He's no Joe Thomas, but he's above average. The problem is his injury history and his ability to get stupid penalties at seemingly the worst times.
    User avatar
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1594
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:43 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:We brought in a bunch of guys and developed them for a strategy that we are now not following.
    Our offensive line is built to run the ball.

    The problem is that we are trying to win by passing, which won't work. In fact, the balance of this offense still depends on the run being the primary threat.

    So yeah Sweezy is not producing as a pass protector because his value is as a run blocker. Same with most of the rest of the line.

    It comes down to a fundamental realization that this team runs to win, and passes to keep the chains moving or occasionally score. Trying to flip that equation is flipping our Ws into Ls.

    It is a big mistake to try to make the engine of the team the QB, because our line does not support it (and thus Sweezy and others struggle at their jobs accordingly). The line looks terrible because it is being asked to do something it isn't built to do. Now could it run block better? Yes, but last year we did have a lot effectiveness running with some of the same guys - so the problem is:

    1 - New guys making it harder on the others

    2 - Everyone being asked to do things they really are not put together to do.

    3 - Getting away from running to win.

    Russell is not ready yet and this team will have to endure 2-3 years of losing any shot at competing for a SB if it wants to turn into a passing team.

    QBs that are developing struggle. Just like Luck is doing now. And for all the feting that people are doing for Hasselbeck, I remember the crowd chanting the name of the other guy because Hasselbeck was terrible. He had to learn how to manipulate the defense, what worked and what didn't, where his limits were and where he just thought they were.

    He had to develop his decision-making and to figure out how to use his own offensive options. That took time, and during that time - the offense struggled.

    But even the good ones have some down years when more of the responsibility for the offense is heaped on them. Maybe Brady or Payton did not experience those dips quite so much, but Wilson is no Brady or Payton. That isn't an insult, hardly any QBs are either.

    So instead of trying to put together a passing offense, which isn't something this team is built for and isn't something this QB can shoulder anyway - we need to focus on running the ball, passing in play action and running the RO. Or just admitting we are going to have to transition more of the offense to Wilson and this team won't be in contention for the SB for a 2-3 years as Wilson gets some more development in, and the team gets more supporting resources (line, WRs, etc) for him.


    On point with this.

    Only disagreement is in this, "Maybe Brady or Payton did not experience those dips quite so much, but Wilson is no Brady or Payton." Brady wasn't "Brady" until after his 6th year. In his 7th year he blew up to become the new Brady everyone imagines.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 698
    Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:22 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:43 am
  • SomersetHawk wrote:My guess is that Glowinski, whilst probably better in pass pro, isn't as good in the run game and doesn't really justify starting over Sweezy. I think that rolling with Sweezy while we go back to the run game is not only sensible, but could see us net a decent comp pick in 2017.

    Now if this was a matter of Glowinski replacing Britt...

    How would we get a comp pick?
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1982
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:52 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:We brought in a bunch of guys and developed them for a strategy that we are now not following.
    Our offensive line is built to run the ball.

    The problem is that we are trying to win by passing, which won't work. In fact, the balance of this offense still depends on the run being the primary threat.

    So yeah Sweezy is not producing as a pass protector because his value is as a run blocker. Same with most of the rest of the line.

    It comes down to a fundamental realization that this team runs to win, and passes to keep the chains moving or occasionally score. Trying to flip that equation is flipping our Ws into Ls.

    It is a big mistake to try to make the engine of the team the QB, because our line does not support it (and thus Sweezy and others struggle at their jobs accordingly). The line looks terrible because it is being asked to do something it isn't built to do. Now could it run block better? Yes, but last year we did have a lot effectiveness running with some of the same guys - so the problem is:

    1 - New guys making it harder on the others

    2 - Everyone being asked to do things they really are not put together to do.

    3 - Getting away from running to win.

    Russell is not ready yet and this team will have to endure 2-3 years of losing any shot at competing for a SB if it wants to turn into a passing team.

    QBs that are developing struggle. Just like Luck is doing now. And for all the feting that people are doing for Hasselbeck, I remember the crowd chanting the name of the other guy because Hasselbeck was terrible. He had to learn how to manipulate the defense, what worked and what didn't, where his limits were and where he just thought they were.

    He had to develop his decision-making and to figure out how to use his own offensive options. That took time, and during that time - the offense struggled.

    But even the good ones have some down years when more of the responsibility for the offense is heaped on them. Maybe Brady or Payton did not experience those dips quite so much, but Wilson is no Brady or Payton. That isn't an insult, hardly any QBs are either.

    So instead of trying to put together a passing offense, which isn't something this team is built for and isn't something this QB can shoulder anyway - we need to focus on running the ball, passing in play action and running the RO. Or just admitting we are going to have to transition more of the offense to Wilson and this team won't be in contention for the SB for a 2-3 years as Wilson gets some more development in, and the team gets more supporting resources (line, WRs, etc) for him.

    good post
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1982
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:44 am
  • bmorepunk wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:I believe Sweezy has reached his peak. He looks better than he is because the Seahawk OL as a whole is poor. Hell Okung makes stupid mistakes and he's the top lineman for Seahawks. Britt and Sweezy wouldn't be starters on most teams. The problem with Sweezy is that he continues to make the same mistakes. It's like he's not even learning to correct them. Cable is overrated too. His lack of finding real talent on the OL is hurting the team. His highest OL pick in the 2015 NFL draft is a PS player.


    Okung is a better LT than many other teams have. He's no Joe Thomas, but he's above average. The problem is his injury history and his ability to get stupid penalties at seemingly the worst times.


    Oops, my bad. I meant Britt and Sweezy wouldn't be starters on most teams. I changed it on my original post. Thanks for catching that.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5583
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:03 pm
  • I've never really understood the Sweezy infatuation. He flat out blows his assignment way too often, both in the run and passing game. For an offensive lineman, we notice JR Sweezy far too often.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3322
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:03 pm
  • It is amazing how often Nowack, Sweezy and Britt are diving to make a block and end-up on the ground. Is this the technique that Cable is teaching them?
    Kam, come home!
    User avatar
    CalboHawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 21
    Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:42 am
    Location: Bainbridge Island


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:25 pm
  • CalboHawk wrote:It is amazing how often Nowack, Sweezy and Britt are diving to make a block and end-up on the ground. Is this the technique that Cable is teaching them?


    You mean like a cut block? If so, yes.
    User avatar
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5982
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:26 pm
  • Sweezy hasn't declined, he's hit his ceiling. This is what we're going to get. I questioned whether he had hit his ceiling last year and a few people questioned that comment, saying he'd only been an OLman for 3 years and could get better. Which is theoretically correct (either statement was bound to be proven wrong this year).

    Sweezy was never the most stout at the point of attack. He tends to get his pad level too high when he was newer, and just doesn't have the technique to hold up against elite DT's (to be fair, elite DT's make most OG's look bad, but Sweezy looks comically bad against them). He's also always been patently terrible in pass protection. I don't think that's ever going to change unless we bring in an assistant OL coach that only teaches good pass protection. Cable either doesn't care about it, or it's just not in his arsenal.

    What Sweezy is really good at is getting the combo block and peeling off to get to the 2nd level. It's why the bigger runs usually come over the right side, because there's a hole there and the LBer responsible for it is usually taken out by Sweezy.

    I've watched some tape of Glowinski, and he's good at this as well. His problem is that he's not as athletic as Sweezy, so when he peels off, he's had problems getting to the LBer in space.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6271
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:29 pm
  • I'm calling bullshit on linemen either being able to run or pass block only. I've watched the NFL for 55 years and I've witnessed thousands of linemen do both.

    It's an excuse to say Sweezy can't pass block because he is a good run blocker. If he can't pass block then he is just a mediocre guard in this league and he's looked the same from day one.
    #BlackSabbathMatters
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 31457
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:31 pm
  • Seems like we scout our o-linemen on their ability to do only one thing: chip d-linemen on a combo block and tackle skinnier linebackers at the second level. The liabilities they create in almost every other area seem like afterthoughts as long as they're svelte enough to move a little bit. Maybe one day we'll just have five tight ends on our line.

    Granted, this has worked out okay when we surrounded our single project with vets who were multi-dimensional. But if you got 3-4 guys on your line who are constantly giving up push because they aren't really built for the trenches, then you really start to notice the limitations of this approach.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5642
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:35 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:I've never really understood the Sweezy infatuation. He flat out blows his assignment way too often, both in the run and passing game. For an offensive lineman, we notice JR Sweezy far too often.


    Yeah, the thing that has been the most disappointing to me has been his run blocking in several of these games. From what I have seen of Glowinski, he will grow into a more consistent run blocker than Sweezy due to his superior technique. His pass blocking is what is holding Glowinski back right now. Sweezy had a really solid year as a pass blocker in 2013, allowing only one sack on 900 pass blocking snaps. He has regressed every year since then. As pass blockers, the difference between Glowinski and Sweezy will be a wash.

    Nowak has shown that being a former defensive lineman does not necessary mean you will be bad in pass pro. He has yet to allow a sack or a QB hit and has fewer pressures allowed than anyone. I think that has something to do with his excellent lateral agility; tied with Sokoli for the best 3-cone time on the team (7.25). Nowak has also shown a hard punch and good awareness, which are important traits in pass pro.
    User avatar
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5982
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:35 pm
  • Exactly David. These linemen are all too tall and lack the needed girth to hold their ground.
    #BlackSabbathMatters
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 31457
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:42 pm
  • It's easy to understand why Britt has had his struggles in the first half of the season, given that he was a late move to left guard. Fortunately, Britt is coming off his best game as a guard. He did some excellent work in the running game, his best of the season at least, and only made a couple mistakes in pass pro. It looked to me like he is starting to "get it."

    If Sweezy returns to form, this line has a chance to return to being about average in pass pro. Okung has done his thing, Nowak has done his thing, and Gilliam has done his thing for the most part. We need the veteran Sweezy to step up, stay focused and locked in to his technique. It hasn't all been bad for Sweezy, but we expected so much more from him going into his contract year.
    User avatar
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5982
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:56 pm
  • SomersetHawk wrote:My guess is that Glowinski, whilst probably better in pass pro, isn't as good in the run game and doesn't really justify starting over Sweezy. I think that rolling with Sweezy while we go back to the run game is not only sensible, but could see us net a decent comp pick in 2017.

    Now if this was a matter of Glowinski replacing Britt...


    I'm not sure why, but Cable's scheme has had the stronger, big guys play LG (Bailey and Carpernet both 325+ lbs). At 305 pounds I would think that Glowinski projects more as a backup plan to Sweezy at RG for now.
    "People who don't punch their ponies in the face make me sick." - Louis C.K.
    User avatar
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2912
    Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
    Location: Vancouver, Wa


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:07 pm
  • Well Sweezy isn't getting much help.

    It isn't like Sweezy was a completely developed OL, he was still rough in a lot of areas.

    He was surrounded by experienced OL that he look to for assistance and to ask questions of. Now we put a bunch of raw guys off the street around him that are instead having to ask him for assistance and coming to him with questions.

    Pretty reasonable to see how you can develop bad habits when you lose the people that might be helping you omit mistakes and do better in the first place.

    I also fundamentally disagree that if you can run block you can pass block and vice versa. First, pass blocking is a skill and so is run blocking. There is no reason that being good at one should mean you are good at the other, even when some of the base skills are related. It should also be clear that pass blocking is a coveted skill in the NFL, so we have been instead picking up guys that haven't shown that skill but have physical traits/abilities that we feel can be effective in our system.

    That means we get guys that are overlooked because they have not or cannot pass block but we think we can get them to run block and at least be serviceable as pass blockers.

    Finally, never played OL but years ago one of my old roommates was an ex-OL from Alabama. He would point out that as a run blocker you know where the play is going and you can be aggressive, where as a pass blocker you have to react more and be more aware of your teammates that you might need to help. He would also point out that run blocking is nowhere near as exhausting as pass blocking.

    So it makes sense that pushing our guys into pass blocking when they are not built for it, screwed us. Hopefully Lynch returning means our offense can return too. And that might mean Sweezy, even with the mistakes, at least might look a lot better than he has.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1724
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:08 pm
  • Recon_Hawk wrote:
    SomersetHawk wrote:My guess is that Glowinski, whilst probably better in pass pro, isn't as good in the run game and doesn't really justify starting over Sweezy. I think that rolling with Sweezy while we go back to the run game is not only sensible, but could see us net a decent comp pick in 2017.

    Now if this was a matter of Glowinski replacing Britt...


    I'm not sure why, but Cable's scheme has had the stronger, big guys play LG (Bailey and Carpernet both 325+ lbs). At 305 pounds I would think that Glowinski projects more as a backup plan to Sweezy at RG for now.


    Extending on this point, I'd bet money that they never intended for Britt to play on the left side nor for Gilliam to play on the right. In an ideal world, Britt is a competent RT and Gilliam is your backup LT. I think the current composition is all last resorts based on their lack of confidence in Britt as a tackle and in Bailey as a starter.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5642
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:24 pm
  • Mojambo wrote:I think Tom Cable's blocking scheme is needlessly complicated.

    Which is odd, because Carroll kind of stresses simplicity in every other area of the team.


    After the Greenbay game one of the nfl network guys pointed out that the cheesers had schemed for our run game by delay stunting the DE's through the hole vacated by our guards when they pulled or went to the second level to block the line backers.

    When this occurs it looks like the guard blew his assignment when actually they didn't. A lot of times it's on the center. I didn't look for this last week to see if the issue was fixed with a more experienced center.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3047
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:25 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    Recon_Hawk wrote:
    SomersetHawk wrote:My guess is that Glowinski, whilst probably better in pass pro, isn't as good in the run game and doesn't really justify starting over Sweezy. I think that rolling with Sweezy while we go back to the run game is not only sensible, but could see us net a decent comp pick in 2017.

    Now if this was a matter of Glowinski replacing Britt...


    I'm not sure why, but Cable's scheme has had the stronger, big guys play LG (Bailey and Carpernet both 325+ lbs). At 305 pounds I would think that Glowinski projects more as a backup plan to Sweezy at RG for now.


    Extending on this point, I'd bet money that they never intended for Britt to play on the left side nor for Gilliam to play on the right. In an ideal world, Britt is a competent RT and Gilliam is your backup LT. I think the current composition is all last resorts based on their lack of confidence in Britt as a tackle and in Bailey as a starter.


    People have tried to frame it in that way, but it's really not a matter of weight. Obviously, we want a good run blocker at left guard to pair with Russell Okung, and that left B gap is where we want to run the ball the most. Britt is a very strong run blocker. He showed that against the 49ers last week. Britt is only going to get better at that spot.

    The narrative also doesn't add up when you consider that Paul McQuistan, who has a similar body type to Britt's, was starting at left guard for most of 2012. And before that, Cable had Robert Gallery starting at left guard in 2011 . . . another player with a similar body type to Britt's. And thus far Cable has preferred Britt at left guard, despite his growing pains, to a wider body type like Bailey's.
    User avatar
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5982
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:18 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Well Sweezy isn't getting much help.

    It isn't like Sweezy was a completely developed OL, he was still rough in a lot of areas.

    He was surrounded by experienced OL that he look to for assistance and to ask questions of. Now we put a bunch of raw guys off the street around him that are instead having to ask him for assistance and coming to him with questions.

    Pretty reasonable to see how you can develop bad habits when you lose the people that might be helping you omit mistakes and do better in the first place.

    I also fundamentally disagree that if you can run block you can pass block and vice versa. First, pass blocking is a skill and so is run blocking. There is no reason that being good at one should mean you are good at the other, even when some of the base skills are related. It should also be clear that pass blocking is a coveted skill in the NFL, so we have been instead picking up guys that haven't shown that skill but have physical traits/abilities that we feel can be effective in our system.

    That means we get guys that are overlooked because they have not or cannot pass block but we think we can get them to run block and at least be serviceable as pass blockers.

    Finally, never played OL but years ago one of my old roommates was an ex-OL from Alabama. He would point out that as a run blocker you know where the play is going and you can be aggressive, where as a pass blocker you have to react more and be more aware of your teammates that you might need to help. He would also point out that run blocking is nowhere near as exhausting as pass blocking.

    So it makes sense that pushing our guys into pass blocking when they are not built for it, screwed us. Hopefully Lynch returning means our offense can return too. And that might mean Sweezy, even with the mistakes, at least might look a lot better than he has.



    I dont think they were saying if they could run block means they can pass block.I think what they are saying is if you are building a pro line they should be able to pass block.Its a requirement to having a pro offense that is adequate.

    People seem to give Cable and the Oline a pass by saying they weren't built to be a pass blocking Oline.I just think its a poor excuse.I dont buy the excuse that its better to use undrafted DL because they have less bad habits.I think I would hire a different coach if he cant teach a college Olineman the needed skills.

    I think they will get better in fact they have already but why gamble a shot at the SB or playoffs on college DL or TEs that dont have the experience.

    I have always thought Sweezy was overated.He is great if you judge him as a Dlineman playing Olineman but if you judge him as you would any Olineman he isnt all that good.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 892
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:27 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    Recon_Hawk wrote:
    SomersetHawk wrote:My guess is that Glowinski, whilst probably better in pass pro, isn't as good in the run game and doesn't really justify starting over Sweezy. I think that rolling with Sweezy while we go back to the run game is not only sensible, but could see us net a decent comp pick in 2017.

    Now if this was a matter of Glowinski replacing Britt...


    I'm not sure why, but Cable's scheme has had the stronger, big guys play LG (Bailey and Carpernet both 325+ lbs). At 305 pounds I would think that Glowinski projects more as a backup plan to Sweezy at RG for now.


    Extending on this point, I'd bet money that they never intended for Britt to play on the left side nor for Gilliam to play on the right. In an ideal world, Britt is a competent RT and Gilliam is your backup LT. I think the current composition is all last resorts based on their lack of confidence in Britt as a tackle and in Bailey as a starter.


    I'm excited about this offensive line, strangely enough. Things haven't gone ideally, but if Gilliam is an upgrade over Britt from last year and Britt is playing about as well as Carpenter, I see it as a positive.
    "People who don't punch their ponies in the face make me sick." - Louis C.K.
    User avatar
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2912
    Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
    Location: Vancouver, Wa


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:29 pm
  • justafan wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Well Sweezy isn't getting much help.

    It isn't like Sweezy was a completely developed OL, he was still rough in a lot of areas.

    He was surrounded by experienced OL that he look to for assistance and to ask questions of. Now we put a bunch of raw guys off the street around him that are instead having to ask him for assistance and coming to him with questions.

    Pretty reasonable to see how you can develop bad habits when you lose the people that might be helping you omit mistakes and do better in the first place.

    I also fundamentally disagree that if you can run block you can pass block and vice versa. First, pass blocking is a skill and so is run blocking. There is no reason that being good at one should mean you are good at the other, even when some of the base skills are related. It should also be clear that pass blocking is a coveted skill in the NFL, so we have been instead picking up guys that haven't shown that skill but have physical traits/abilities that we feel can be effective in our system.

    That means we get guys that are overlooked because they have not or cannot pass block but we think we can get them to run block and at least be serviceable as pass blockers.

    Finally, never played OL but years ago one of my old roommates was an ex-OL from Alabama. He would point out that as a run blocker you know where the play is going and you can be aggressive, where as a pass blocker you have to react more and be more aware of your teammates that you might need to help. He would also point out that run blocking is nowhere near as exhausting as pass blocking.

    So it makes sense that pushing our guys into pass blocking when they are not built for it, screwed us. Hopefully Lynch returning means our offense can return too. And that might mean Sweezy, even with the mistakes, at least might look a lot better than he has.



    I dont think they were saying if they could run block means they can pass block.I think what they are saying is if you are building a pro line they should be able to pass block.Its a requirement to having a pro offense that is adequate.

    People seem to give Cable and the Oline a pass by saying they weren't built to be a pass blocking Oline.I just think its a poor excuse.I dont buy the excuse that its better to use undrafted DL because they have less bad habits.I think I would hire a different coach if he cant teach a college Olineman the needed skills.

    I think they will get better in fact they have already but why gamble a shot at the SB or playoffs on college DL or TEs that dont have the experience.

    I have always thought Sweezy was overated.He is great if you judge him as a Dlineman playing Olineman but if you judge him as you would any Olineman he isnt all that good.


    Cable has elaborated on why he prefers the D-Lineman from college. They are the athletes that he needs. In college those players no longer play o-line. It isn't simply a matter of molding clay, but having the right type of clay. The overall lack of quality o-line play league wide reflects this.

    As far as Sweezy goes i judge him as a starting OG on a run heavy team that has made the past two super bowls.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    .NOW with Modership
     
    Posts: 5483
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:29 pm
  • justafan wrote:People seem to give Cable and the Oline a pass by saying they weren't built to be a pass blocking Oline.


    I think people have to be realistic about the resources we have devoted to this position group in favor of having the league's most dominant defense, extending Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch, and trading for another dominant play maker in Jimmy Graham. We are 28th in the league in total offensive line spending and 31st in the league in cap spending per lineman. Until this year, we were not drafting much at the position group outside of the 7th Round. It has a strategy that has given us the league's best defense and rushing attack, while leading us to back to back Super Bowls.

    Cable would love to have the three First Round draft choices and high priced free agents that Dallas has accumulated over the last four years. But that would mean sacrificing some of our elite defensive players.

    Have patience . . . the line is coming off its best and most physical performance of the first half of the season. The growing pains were to be expected given their inexperience and the challenging early-season schedule. I also think it is wrong to say that pass blocking has not been a consideration, when Nowak has shown to be very good in pass pro and Gilliam was moved to RT in part to upgrade the pass blocking at that position. Also, with the draft resources we put into the line this year, we should start to see improvement in the line as draftees like Glowinski and Sokoli gain playing time next season.
    User avatar
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5982
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:14 pm
  • hawknation2015 wrote:
    justafan wrote:People seem to give Cable and the Oline a pass by saying they weren't built to be a pass blocking Oline.


    I think people have to be realistic about the resources we have devoted to this position group in favor of having the league's most dominant defense, extending Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch, and trading for another dominant play maker in Jimmy Graham. We are 28th in the league in total offensive line spending and 31st in the league in cap spending per lineman. Until this year, we were not drafting much at the position group outside of the 7th Round. It has a strategy that has given us the league's best defense and rushing attack, while leading us to back to back Super Bowls.

    Cable would love to have the three First Round draft choices and high priced free agents that Dallas has accumulated over the last four years. But that would mean sacrificing some of our elite defensive players.

    Have patience . . . the line is coming off its best and most physical performance of the first half of the season. The growing pains were to be expected given their inexperience and the challenging early-season schedule. I also think it is wrong to say that pass blocking has not been a consideration, when Nowak has shown to be very good in pass pro and Gilliam was moved to RT in part to upgrade the pass blocking at that position. Also, with the draft resources we put into the line this year, we should start to see improvement in the line as draftees like Glowinski and Sokoli gain playing time next season.


    I understand this year we didnt spend anything on the Oline but prior to this year the FO made the Oline a high priority.They spent several high draft picks and money to build a line that was better than most.
    the problem was they didnt draft anyone they thought was worth keeping.

    We had an Oline built with 2 1st, 2 2nds and Breno was a 5th(not by the hawks).Even Gallery was a high 1st
    This is really the 1st year Cable was working with this little talent.I think Cable himself proved that good college Olineman with talent is the way to succeed in the NFL.

    I dont know, I just see other teams with much better lines who were able to coach OLineman into competent players quicker than starting with DL.I think it will always be that way.
    Oline is never the place to scrimp.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 892
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:18 pm
  • OK so.....

    No ones has thoughts on Alvin Bailey being just plain bad?
    User avatar
    Vesuve
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 86
    Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:02 pm


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:23 pm
  • Other than Britt and 6th Rounder Garrett Scott, who never suited up due to a heart condition, the Seahawks did NOT draft a single offensive lineman above the 7th Round from 2012-2014, including zero in the 2012 and 2013 draft classes. Britt remains the only lineman we have drafted above the 4th Round in the last four years (2012-2015).

    If we had devoted any real draft capital to the position group in 2012 or 2013, then we would be working with more third and fourth year linemen. But instead of working with experienced draftees, we are now forced to develop undrafted free agents into major contributors: Garry Gilliam, Drew Nowak, and Alvin Bailey. That is an extremely difficult thing to do.

    The benefits I have already discussed, because it meant using that draft capital on other position groups and using those cap savings on re-signing our most elite players, instead of chasing free agent linemen.

    That said, I do wish we had drafted a couple more linemen in the first three rounds since 2012. The 2013 and 2014 draft classes did not turn out that great anyway, and elite linemen prospects like Joel Bitonio were available. They could have taken Bitionio instead of Paul Richardson or Larry Warford instead of Christine Michael.
    User avatar
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5982
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:42 pm
  • hawknation2015 wrote:Other than Britt and 6th Rounder Garrett Scott, who never suited up due to a heart condition, the Seahawks did NOT draft a single offensive lineman above the 7th Round from 2012-2014, including zero in the 2012 and 2013 draft classes. Britt remains the only lineman we have drafted above the 4th Round in the last four years (2012-2015).

    If we had devoted any real draft capital to the position group in 2012 or 2013, then we would be working with more third and fourth year linemen. But instead of working with experienced draftees, we are now forced to develop undrafted free agents into major contributors: Garry Gilliam, Drew Nowak, and Alvin Bailey. That is an extremely difficult thing to do.

    The benefits I have already discussed, because it meant using that draft capital on other position groups and using those cap savings on re-signing our most elite players, instead of chasing free agent linemen.

    That said, I do wish we had drafted a couple more linemen in the first three rounds since 2012. The 2013 and 2014 draft classes did not turn out that great anyway, and elite linemen prospects like Joel Bitonio were available. They could have taken Bitionio instead of Paul Richardson or Larry Warford instead of Christine Michael.


    What I said is our Olines prior to this year was built with high draft picks and decent FAs.It was a priority with the FO.I agree with everyone that the reason this line is so bad is because its built with poor players with little or no experience.
    They chased glamour players like Harvin and Graham at the expense of the Oline.Probably two of the most overated positions in football IMO are high priced WRs and finesse TEs.

    But it sounds like people accept it or use it as an excuse for building a poor line.Building the Oline this way was the mistake.That's my point.I'm not sure how anyone can argue its the smart way to go about it.I think its part of Cables ego.

    Every year we should be drafting Olineman.You replace part of the line every year.Its something every team does at some point.
    There were very few people here who wanted Bitonio in the 1st that year.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 892
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:19 pm
  • justafan wrote:
    hawknation2015 wrote:Other than Britt and 6th Rounder Garrett Scott, who never suited up due to a heart condition, the Seahawks did NOT draft a single offensive lineman above the 7th Round from 2012-2014, including zero in the 2012 and 2013 draft classes. Britt remains the only lineman we have drafted above the 4th Round in the last four years (2012-2015).

    If we had devoted any real draft capital to the position group in 2012 or 2013, then we would be working with more third and fourth year linemen. But instead of working with experienced draftees, we are now forced to develop undrafted free agents into major contributors: Garry Gilliam, Drew Nowak, and Alvin Bailey. That is an extremely difficult thing to do.

    The benefits I have already discussed, because it meant using that draft capital on other position groups and using those cap savings on re-signing our most elite players, instead of chasing free agent linemen.

    That said, I do wish we had drafted a couple more linemen in the first three rounds since 2012. The 2013 and 2014 draft classes did not turn out that great anyway, and elite linemen prospects like Joel Bitonio were available. They could have taken Bitionio instead of Paul Richardson or Larry Warford instead of Christine Michael.


    What I said is our Olines prior to this year was built with high draft picks and decent FAs.It was a priority with the FO.I agree with everyone that the reason this line is so bad is because its built with poor players with little or no experience.
    They chased glamour players like Harvin and Graham at the expense of the Oline.Probably two of the most overated positions in football IMO are high priced WRs and finesse TEs.

    But it sounds like people accept it or use it as an excuse for building a poor line.Building the Oline this way was the mistake.That's my point.I'm not sure how anyone can argue its the smart way to go about it.I think its part of Cables ego.

    Every year we should be drafting Olineman.You replace part of the line every year.Its something every team does at some point.
    There were very few people here who wanted Bitonio in the 1st that year.


    Schneider/Carroll pick the draft picks . . . not Cable.

    Like I said, if he could have three First Rounders on his line, instead of three undrafted free agents or 7th Rounders, I'm sure he would take them.
    User avatar
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5982
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:50 pm
  • These guys would all look great, if they were playing behind Tom Brady. Every time I watch Brady play, he seems to have 5 minutes behind his line.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*
     
    Posts: 1810
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm
    Location: NC


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:03 pm
  • Is Sweezy regressing? That answer is no. Like someone said earlier you have to look at what they have surrounded him and Okung with. Sweezy has a pretty bad RT and a still very green C on either side of him. I guarantee you that going from playing beside Unger to playing beside Nowak would hurt anyone, just by the communication issues alone. Sweezy has been our most consistent OL this year. He has only been an OL for 4 years and still has things to learn and will continue to get better if anything his growth has been stunted by what JS/PC has done to the OL. He is going to get paid. The Seahawks will offer him and I can almost guarantee you he will get bigger offers from other teams. Will he take the money or stay with us? Who knows. Its also pretty obvious to me that Glowinski must not be hitting on much or he would be playing in place of Britt, who has been atrocious.
    The Dirty Truth
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 220
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 pm


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:34 pm
  • Vesuve wrote:OK so.....

    No ones has thoughts on Alvin Bailey being just plain bad?

    We've seen very little of him. He actually had moments, I believe in the Carolina game. He had a play where he blew a guy up, and hustled down the field to get another guy as the runner made his way down field. Then two plays later he got blown past.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3322
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:40 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:We need to stop drafting D line types and trying to convert them to O line.

    Once is a novelty. Now its just silly.


    It's weird because I totally get this, yet we're the #1 rushing offense in the league... behind a terrible OL. It's surreal.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 8243
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: Sweezy's decline
Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:06 pm
  • Laloosh wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:We need to stop drafting D line types and trying to convert them to O line.

    Once is a novelty. Now its just silly.


    It's weird because I totally get this, yet we're the #1 rushing offense in the league... behind a terrible OL. It's surreal.


    Take out Russ's rushing yardage, and we're closer to the middle of the pack.

    ATL, ARI, NYJ, PITT...those teams are run blocking a lot better than us in conventional setups, and I think most observers would agree on that. But our numbers will always get inflated with Russ running around.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5642
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


Re: Sweezy's decline
Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:08 am
  • If Nowak is good enough to be considered Center and Britt is struggling quite a bit at Guard, would it be feasible to have Lem play Center and shift Nowak to Guard?
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 698
    Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:22 am


Next


It is currently Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information