Brian Billick on Seattle

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 pm
  • Funny I was thinking Billick won a super bowl with the ultimate Game Manager and yet somehow this is now a bad thing? Funny how the world turns

And I do think RW will be more than a game manager - I expect him to be what we see in the 2 minute drills a qb that can move the team down the field
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:27 pm
  • KitsapHawk wrote:
    manders2600 wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:What did you expect from a rookie? 400 yards a game?

Immediately following RW's 160 yd performance on Sunday . . .

Ryan Tannehill: 431 yds passing vs Arizona

RW in Week 1: 153 yds passing vs Arizona

Just saying . . . :th2thumbs:

How many dozens of times did Tannehill throw downfield, and compare that to Wilson...

Tannehill attempted 41 passes against Arizona, and RW attempted 34 passes against Arizona.
    manders2600
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:34 pm
  • KitsapHawk wrote:
    manders2600 wrote:

How many dozens of times did Tannehill throw downfield, and compare that to Wilson...

Tannehill attempted 41 passes against Arizona, and RW attempted 34 passes against Arizona.

How many were on that last drive, on a short field?
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:36 pm
  • Most coaches I respect. He on the other hand is a dumbass. Stop listening to yourself talk and do some research, dimwit.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:37 pm
  • KitsapHawk wrote:
    KitsapHawk wrote:
    manders2600 wrote:

How many were on that last drive, on a short field?

I have no idea, and don't really care to look it up (though you should feel free). ;)

The point, I think, was that blaming RW's struggles on his rookie QB status would be more convincing if there were any rookie QB playing worse than RW.
    manders2600
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:43 pm
  • The point, I think, was that blaming RW's struggles on his rookie QB status would be more convincing if there were any rookie QB playing worse than RW.

Brandon Weeden? There is more to a Qb than simple passing yards, especially desperation yards near the end of games.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:43 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:Billick - you were a garbage coach and owe EVERYTHING to Belichick.

What the hell does he owe Belichick? Do you even know who Brian Billick is?

Love how when someone like Warren Moon praises Wilson - it means something because he played QB. But when other media pundits criticize him, it means nothing because of (insert reason here).
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:55 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:
    The point, I think, was that blaming RW's struggles on his rookie QB status would be more convincing if there were any rookie QB playing worse than RW.

Brandon Weeden? There is more to a Qb than simple passing yards, especially desperation yards near the end of games.

Yes, there is.

Have you watched Weeden play? He's gotten better each week, though I really don't think he'll be that good in the end.

RW, on the other hand, has regressed. As defenses realize he does not have the ability to throw short passes or step up into the pocket, he becomes easier to defend.

Weeden, Tannehill, RG3, and Luck are showing the ability to do new things each week, which makes them less predictable, and provides hope that they are going to get better.
    manders2600
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:02 pm
  • manders2600 wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:

Yes, there is.

Have you watched Weeden play? He's gotten better each week, though I really don't think he'll be that good in the end.

RW, on the other hand, has regressed. As defenses realize he does not have the ability to throw short passes or step up into the pocket, he becomes easier to defend.

Weeden, Tannehill, RG3, and Luck are showing the ability to do new things each week, which makes them less predictable, and provides hope that they are going to get better.

Weeden has only Trent Richardson too. Wilson has many more weapons at his disposal, and yet Weeden is still playing far better than him IMO. Take away his first game which was ugly, and his last 3 look very good:

879 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT.

And again.. he plays in NFL purgatory.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:13 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Billick - you were a garbage coach and owe EVERYTHING to Belichick.

What the hell does he owe Belichick? Do you even know who Brian Billick is?

Love how when someone like Warren Moon praises Wilson - it means something because he played QB. But when other media pundits criticize him, it means nothing because of (insert reason here).

You obviously have not got a clue; Bill Belichick built the Cleveland Browns Team before it moved to Baltimore and won a superbowl... We all know who Billick is man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Cleve ... wns_season
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:26 pm
  • KitsapHawk wrote:You obviously have not got a clue; Bill Belichick built the Cleveland Browns Team before it moved to Baltimore and won a superbowl... We all know who Billick is man.

You're right.. without Bill Belichick sucking, the team wouldn't have drafted Ray Lewis and then... added a ton of other pieces the following FIVE years

Belichick created Billick. The end.

:lol:
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 pm
  • I'm amazed at how many people take criticism of Wilson almost personally in here, lashing out at others and people like Billick who are doing nothing more than stating the obvious........Wilson is. Not. Playing. Well.

Are you Russell apologist defending him because he's a rookie? Must be cause if this was Flynn or T-Jack throwing up these horrible passing numbers, you'd all be screaming for change.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:47 pm
  • I certainly hope our pass rush can become more consistent! I'd love to see Cam sacked 3-4 times this weekend!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:57 pm
  • I didn't see the game, couldn't a WR have at least tried for "simultaneous possession"? They only had to touch the ball. I think the WRs let this team down last week. :lol:
    Rodgers
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:39 am
  • This thread reached epic status the second Tannehill was compared favorably to Wilson.

I just... wow... just wow.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I'm amazed at how many people take criticism of Wilson almost personally in here, lashing out at others and people like Billick who are doing nothing more than stating the obvious........Wilson is. Not. Playing. Well.

Are you Russell apologist defending him because he's a rookie? Must be cause if this was Flynn or T-Jack throwing up these horrible passing numbers, you'd all be screaming for change.

Seahawk fans (not Russell apologists, condescension drips off that and you know it) who like Russell like him because of his potential. Do you imagine during Peyton Manning's rookie season some Colts fans were saying he was Not. Playing. Well? Because he wasn't.

Stop basing your opinion purely on results, and start examining the process. You will have more fun, maybe even a bit more hope.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:33 am
  • Elway was dreadful his first year. How did that turn out?

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:43 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    KitsapHawk wrote:You obviously have not got a clue; Bill Belichick built the Cleveland Browns Team before it moved to Baltimore and won a superbowl... We all know who Billick is man.

You're right.. without Bill Belichick sucking, the team wouldn't have drafted Ray Lewis and then... added a ton of other pieces the following FIVE years

Belichick created Billick. The end.

:lol:

My response to this got erased in the "blackout". I always assumed you were a contrarian because you disagreed with how Pete ran things, but now I see it might just be your personality.

Bill Belichick and Ozzie Newsome had zeroed in on Ray Lewis during Bill's last season in Cleveland. Bill's Cleveland team was leading the division when the move to Baltimore was announced, then his team tanked. Ozzie Newsome to this day gives Bill all the credit for showing him how to draft players.

Now I realize that looking this kind of stuff up is time consuming and doesn't serve your argument. It certainly would cut into your passive aggressive schtick and ruin your snark, but you would be smarter. Maybe, right before you post, you could think about the old NBC public service announcement, "the more you know".
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information