Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3080
Location: Anchorage, AK
Funny I was thinking Billick won a super bowl with the ultimate Game Manager and yet somehow this is now a bad thing? Funny how the world turns

And I do think RW will be more than a game manager - I expect him to be what we see in the 2 minute drills a qb that can move the team down the field


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:27 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 203
KitsapHawk wrote:
manders2600 wrote:
HansGruber wrote:
What did you expect from a rookie? 400 yards a game?



Immediately following RW's 160 yd performance on Sunday . . .

Ryan Tannehill: 431 yds passing vs Arizona

RW in Week 1: 153 yds passing vs Arizona



Just saying . . . :th2thumbs:



How many dozens of times did Tannehill throw downfield, and compare that to Wilson...


Tannehill attempted 41 passes against Arizona, and RW attempted 34 passes against Arizona.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 pm
Posts: 807
Location: Behind you
KitsapHawk wrote:
manders2600 wrote:



How many dozens of times did Tannehill throw downfield, and compare that to Wilson...



Tannehill attempted 41 passes against Arizona, and RW attempted 34 passes against Arizona.



How many were on that last drive, on a short field?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1431
Most coaches I respect. He on the other hand is a dumbass. Stop listening to yourself talk and do some research, dimwit.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:37 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 203
KitsapHawk wrote:
KitsapHawk wrote:
manders2600 wrote:



How many dozens of times did Tannehill throw downfield, and compare that to Wilson...



Tannehill attempted 41 passes against Arizona, and RW attempted 34 passes against Arizona.



How many were on that last drive, on a short field?


I have no idea, and don't really care to look it up (though you should feel free). ;)

The point, I think, was that blaming RW's struggles on his rookie QB status would be more convincing if there were any rookie QB playing worse than RW.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am
Posts: 2748
Quote:
The point, I think, was that blaming RW's struggles on his rookie QB status would be more convincing if there were any rookie QB playing worse than RW.


Brandon Weeden? There is more to a Qb than simple passing yards, especially desperation yards near the end of games.

_________________
Give me some damn skittles...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:43 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4363
HansGruber wrote:
Billick - you were a garbage coach and owe EVERYTHING to Belichick.


Image

What the hell does he owe Belichick? Do you even know who Brian Billick is?

Love how when someone like Warren Moon praises Wilson - it means something because he played QB. But when other media pundits criticize him, it means nothing because of (insert reason here).

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:55 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 203
Basis4day wrote:
Quote:
The point, I think, was that blaming RW's struggles on his rookie QB status would be more convincing if there were any rookie QB playing worse than RW.


Brandon Weeden? There is more to a Qb than simple passing yards, especially desperation yards near the end of games.


Yes, there is.

Have you watched Weeden play? He's gotten better each week, though I really don't think he'll be that good in the end.

RW, on the other hand, has regressed. As defenses realize he does not have the ability to throw short passes or step up into the pocket, he becomes easier to defend.

Weeden, Tannehill, RG3, and Luck are showing the ability to do new things each week, which makes them less predictable, and provides hope that they are going to get better.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:02 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4363
manders2600 wrote:
Basis4day wrote:
Quote:
The point, I think, was that blaming RW's struggles on his rookie QB status would be more convincing if there were any rookie QB playing worse than RW.


Brandon Weeden? There is more to a Qb than simple passing yards, especially desperation yards near the end of games.


Yes, there is.

Have you watched Weeden play? He's gotten better each week, though I really don't think he'll be that good in the end.

RW, on the other hand, has regressed. As defenses realize he does not have the ability to throw short passes or step up into the pocket, he becomes easier to defend.

Weeden, Tannehill, RG3, and Luck are showing the ability to do new things each week, which makes them less predictable, and provides hope that they are going to get better.


Weeden has only Trent Richardson too. Wilson has many more weapons at his disposal, and yet Weeden is still playing far better than him IMO. Take away his first game which was ugly, and his last 3 look very good:

879 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT.

And again.. he plays in NFL purgatory.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 pm
Posts: 807
Location: Behind you
Hasselbeck wrote:
HansGruber wrote:
Billick - you were a garbage coach and owe EVERYTHING to Belichick.


Image

What the hell does he owe Belichick? Do you even know who Brian Billick is?

Love how when someone like Warren Moon praises Wilson - it means something because he played QB. But when other media pundits criticize him, it means nothing because of (insert reason here).



You obviously have not got a clue; Bill Belichick built the Cleveland Browns Team before it moved to Baltimore and won a superbowl... We all know who Billick is man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Cleve ... wns_season

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:26 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4363
KitsapHawk wrote:
You obviously have not got a clue; Bill Belichick built the Cleveland Browns Team before it moved to Baltimore and won a superbowl... We all know who Billick is man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Cleve ... wns_season


You're right.. without Bill Belichick sucking, the team wouldn't have drafted Ray Lewis and then... added a ton of other pieces the following FIVE years

Belichick created Billick. The end.

:lol:

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2476
I'm amazed at how many people take criticism of Wilson almost personally in here, lashing out at others and people like Billick who are doing nothing more than stating the obvious........Wilson is. Not. Playing. Well.

Are you Russell apologist defending him because he's a rookie? Must be cause if this was Flynn or T-Jack throwing up these horrible passing numbers, you'd all be screaming for change.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:47 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13482
Location: King In The North
I certainly hope our pass rush can become more consistent! I'd love to see Cam sacked 3-4 times this weekend!

_________________
Image Image Tanzania┬╣┬▓ Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:57 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 87
I didn't see the game, couldn't a WR have at least tried for "simultaneous possession"? They only had to touch the ball. I think the WRs let this team down last week. :lol:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:39 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Posts: 1600
This thread reached epic status the second Tannehill was compared favorably to Wilson.

I just... wow... just wow.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10063
Sgt. Largent wrote:
I'm amazed at how many people take criticism of Wilson almost personally in here, lashing out at others and people like Billick who are doing nothing more than stating the obvious........Wilson is. Not. Playing. Well.

Are you Russell apologist defending him because he's a rookie? Must be cause if this was Flynn or T-Jack throwing up these horrible passing numbers, you'd all be screaming for change.

Seahawk fans (not Russell apologists, condescension drips off that and you know it) who like Russell like him because of his potential. Do you imagine during Peyton Manning's rookie season some Colts fans were saying he was Not. Playing. Well? Because he wasn't.

Stop basing your opinion purely on results, and start examining the process. You will have more fun, maybe even a bit more hope.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:33 am 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21147
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
Elway was dreadful his first year. How did that turn out?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brian Billick on Seattle
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:43 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10063
Hasselbeck wrote:
KitsapHawk wrote:
You obviously have not got a clue; Bill Belichick built the Cleveland Browns Team before it moved to Baltimore and won a superbowl... We all know who Billick is man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Cleve ... wns_season


You're right.. without Bill Belichick sucking, the team wouldn't have drafted Ray Lewis and then... added a ton of other pieces the following FIVE years

Belichick created Billick. The end.

:lol:

My response to this got erased in the "blackout". I always assumed you were a contrarian because you disagreed with how Pete ran things, but now I see it might just be your personality.

Bill Belichick and Ozzie Newsome had zeroed in on Ray Lewis during Bill's last season in Cleveland. Bill's Cleveland team was leading the division when the move to Baltimore was announced, then his team tanked. Ozzie Newsome to this day gives Bill all the credit for showing him how to draft players.

Now I realize that looking this kind of stuff up is time consuming and doesn't serve your argument. It certainly would cut into your passive aggressive schtick and ruin your snark, but you would be smarter. Maybe, right before you post, you could think about the old NBC public service announcement, "the more you know".

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ad Hawk, Agcat, AlaskaHAWK, Anguish, AsylumGuido, Atradees, Barthawk, Beeker, benthebeerman, bigskydoc, Bill Assumpcao, blue 22, bluengreen, BSUHawk12, bytor72, Canuckhead, canucklhead, Cartire, CHawks4L, Cinque52, CitrusHawk, Clayfighter, CurryStopstheRuns, drdiags, Exploding, Galen96, Google [Bot], grizbob, Hawker, HawkFan72, Hawknballs, hawksfanohio, HawksSoc, irocdave, jimbojones31, Kennedyin92, kthebestwayw, Largent80, lobohawk, MexHawk, Milehighhawk, Mojambo, MSNbot Media, MtReload, nepahawk, NorCal, paaron46, Polaris, PrepntheSep, renofox, RobBaker7714409, RolandDeschain, Russ Willstrong, SalishHawkFan, Sanity, scakfan, seadoc30, Seahawkfan80, Seanhawk, Sgt. Largent, Skeeve, Soppie, SoulfishHawk, the ditch, TheHawkster, tooshort, VivaEfrenHerrera, volsunghawk, Yahoo [Bot], ZagHawk and 250 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.