A House divided: Seattle Seahawks

The Radish

Reaction score
Talk about bait and switch.

It should say Seattle Seahawks fans, a house divided.

:141847_bnono:

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I feel like we need to string enough wins together to make the playoffs, then looout! I expect us to be on a 4-5 game winning streak when the playoffs hit, and then we roll em over to get to the big dance...in stride...hand in hand. go 12! go hawks!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":1tcds90x said:
http://seattle.sbnation.com/2012/10/2/3443568/seattle-seahawks-a-house-divided

Scott is absolutely on point. Let's unite rather than proportioning blame, and pointing fingers. Read the article- let's choose to stand united, rather than divided. We're better than this.

We all we got, we all we need.

peace.

LW
I'm disappointed as hell that we didn't take care of buisness in the St L. Rams game, but I ain't slitting my wrist or throwing in with a lynch mob (except maybe the Marshawn LYNCH mob that is).
Just don't need someone telling me that I need to just get over the bad feeling about that loss ,and to plant a smile on my face, and "Bundle"

bellingerga

Reaction score
I hope people actually read this article and take something from it.

People don't need to be hateful and personally insulting towards players, coaches, other fans. You can be passionate, and you can have differing opinions without attacking people.

And this whole going on twitter to attack players: Absolutely pathetic. If any of you do that, you need to get a grip on reality and get a damn life.

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
scutterhawk":38j1bd9y said:
lukerguy":38j1bd9y said:
http://seattle.sbnation.com/2012/10/2/3443568/seattle-seahawks-a-house-divided

Scott is absolutely on point. Let's unite rather than proportioning blame, and pointing fingers. Read the article- let's choose to stand united, rather than divided. We're better than this.

We all we got, we all we need.

peace.

LW

Just don't need someone telling me that I need to just get over the bad feeling about that loss ,and to plant a smile on my face, and "Bundle"

No one is telling you that you need to do this. Not me, not this article. No one is telling you you can be upset with the game- if you saw me watching it (my wife can attest), you would know that I had the furthest thing from a smile on my face.

The article talks about unity in struggle. I think that we should be able to disagree with who is the starting QB, or who's fault it is while maintaining courtesy, civility, and completely overreacting.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bellingerga":3lj9o94l said:
I hope people actually read this article and take something from it.

People don't need to be hateful and personally insulting towards players, coaches, other fans. You can be passionate, and you can have differing opinions without attacking people.

And this whole going on twitter to attack players: Absolutely pathetic. If any of you do that, you need to get a grip on reality and get a damn life.

Agreed. I've looked forward to seeing Flynn at the helm since he became a free agent. I had even hoped for a sign and trade from GB to assure us of getting him. I like Wilson (who couldn't?) but I want to see what Flynn can do. I've backed this team in rediculous, sometimes humiliating fashion since the team's beginning. Because I expressed, in another thread, that I wanted to see if Flynn could get us some pts, I was attacked by some yoyo who called me a "pretend fan" and "a troll". Granted, the guy probably had like a room temperature IQ, but why should us SEAHAWK fans be bashed for wanting our SEAHAWKS to win football games?

I emphasize the word SEAHAWK ..because I am a fan of the team moreso than any single player. Having to defend a well thought out opinion against apparent groupies is something one would expect in a Philly forum, but not here. We are supposed to be a smarter fan base in Seattle.

If I were a player, I wouldn't even have these Twitter accounts. Why put yourself through random attacks from random idiots? Plus, a quantity of these players lack the social skills necessary to speak to 100 million people at the push of a button. Things get said in the heat, or excitement, of a moment that could end people's careers. Other than the "hey, I have 123,000 followers", are there other benefits to having such an account? I honestly don't know. Can you get like a free banana muffin with your starbucks if you have more than 100,000 followers, or is pretty much just an ego thing?

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
bellingerga":2ka0u2f6 said:
People don't need to be hateful and personally insulting towards players, coaches, other fans.

Somebody should send this to W. Moon btw

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We may be "divided" on opinion of who should play quarterback.. if our wide receivers stink.. the coaching.. etc.

But I think as a Seahawk fan we all want the same thing - the Super Bowl title that we came so close to getting in 2005-06.

With that, the fan base is very much united. We just want to win.

Spectre

Reaction score
CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THIS FIGHTING IS TEARING THIS FAMILY APART! :180670:

Naw, but really, it's more like a marriage between fans. A fanship! You Jackson supporters piss me off sometimes, but I still love ya cus you still love the Hawks.

You Wilson haters are a pain in the [expletive] sometimes, but we both love Beastmode so it's all good.

You guys who are saying that our offense will never kickstart unless we put Flynn in need to go rethink your lives and understanding of football, but you get your rocks off on the D, just like me.

They're just opinions, mine isn't any better than Jacksonfans (well, actually.... :p), but we're always united in our Hawk passion. It's not like we're 9er or Raider fans. :stirthepot:

Hawkfeathers

Reaction score
I think the nature of the only-16 game season ramps up the significance and emotional intensity for each game. In the longer season of other sports, a few losses are insignificant. So is a player's subpar performance for a stretch of games. A coach or manager can usually rest a player, drop him in the order, or make other roster adjustments to help a player get his groove back. Benching a player in the NFL is a more serious move . Benching a veteran does not impact his confidence as it might affect a rookie, so fans don't always consider the options that Pete may or may not have available to him. This is why I thought it best that Pete start the veteran Flynn, and relieve with Wilson if necessary. A veteran should be more understanding of being replaced if he is not effective. A rookie might have his confidence trashed. I don't know how Pete prepared Wilson for the possibility of being replaced by Flynn if Pete though Wilson needed a break from the hellhole. But I do think the Wilson vs. Flynn controversy is more of a referendum on Good Pete vs. Bad Pete decisions - and fans should discuss that more directly. Losing games that fans think were winnable but for the choice of QB will cause friction all season.