Bobby Wagner

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
I really like Wagner and this game against the Rams was his coming out party. He is going to be a playmaker, looking forward to what he brings this year and years to come!

LawHawk

Reaction score
All three linebackers! I think they're awesome. Coming into the season I knew I loved KJ but I was worried about the other two.

I say there are zero bad players on this defense. In fact I will say I think there are only a couple who are average, and all the rest are above-average to Pro-Bowl. I see zero weaknesses.

Reaction score
I'm really liking what I see out of Wagner, especially the past two weeks. He's a serious young man, isn't he?

I'm no longer worried over MLB...but how much do you suppose Hill has left, and should we take a OLB in the 2nd or so (still think we need playmaking WR in 1st)?

drdiags

Reaction score
I keep hearing Malcolm Smith as the player in waiting to replace Hill. It wouldn't hurt to also draft an LB to compete for the spot in case the team decides not to re-sign Hill after this season.

A-Dog

Reaction score
It looks like the game is slowing down for Wagner. Seems like he's transitioning from "doing his job" to "making plays." Nice to see him shooting the gaps and getting TFLs.

All we need now is our Derrick Brooks - a WLB who runs sub 4.5, has top-notch instincts, and can cover like a defensive back. Hill is solid but his skillset is limited.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Bobby did look very good yesterday. Heck he has looked pretty good every week, but yesterday he was really standoutish.

sam1313

Reaction score
If we draft linebacker in any of the first 4 rounds next year, I may flip out. We need so much help on OL and WR that would seem to be our primary emphasis. Our OL is driving me crazy (even though I admit that now we might just be one RT away from having a pretty decent crew). Anyway, I think that if we go WR in the first, we need to spend the 2nd and 3rd on our OL

dunceface

Reaction score
sam1313":37givzyv said:
If we draft linebacker in any of the first 4 rounds next year, I may flip out. We need so much help on OL and WR that would seem to be our primary emphasis. Our OL is driving me crazy (even though I admit that now we might just be one RT away from having a pretty decent crew). Anyway, I think that if we go WR in the first, we need to spend the 2nd and 3rd on our OL

I concur.

kearly

Reaction score
So far Turbin has looked like the 2nd round pick and Wagner the 4th round pick, but I'm very happy with both. It was very good to finally see Wagner making some plays in the backfield last week. That wasn't a strength of his at Utah State, so improvement in that area is a very good sign for his future.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Wagner made plays all over the field including behind the LOS. He was key in their run defense in taking on OL, A and B gap blitzes, sliding out to the rush off the edge, and would even slide out to cover slot receivers at times. He played everywhere and made plays everywhere. All you had to do was watch his game against Auburn and he jumped off the screen.

It's much more difficult to get an ROI out of the MLB position vs the RB position, BTW. It's basically a numbers game at that point. Not a lot of pure athletes at MLB that produce and RBs grow on a lot more trees. But I do get you're point about Turbin. Physically he's a top recruit and he's picked everything up as fast as you could want. Those two Utah St boys are weight room and track freaks. Also turns out they're pretty smart as well.

I'll be watching Kuechly pretty closely this next game. I thought he was highly overrated in the run game and made a ton of tackles downfield. Some of which were him trying to go around OL and giving up running lanes. In pass coverage he had no equal in college football. Top notch understanding of space, his role, and the role of the players around him from play to play. IMO, we can make some yards on cutbacks to the weakside running directly at him. If we can get an OL to get their hands on him then he can't play.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":286t7aul said:
So far Turbin has looked like the 2nd round pick and Wagner the 4th round pick, but I'm very happy with both. It was very good to finally see Wagner making some plays in the backfield last week. That wasn't a strength of his at Utah State, so improvement in that area is a very good sign for his future.

Considering what's on an MLB's plate, I disagree. Most any RB is money behind our OL as long has they're hitting the holes properly. Not to take away from Turbin's performance, but the scope of his job is far less than Wagners.

El_Rey

Reaction score
The only LB that I want to draft in the top half of the 2013 draft is a pass rusher.

KJ would be better at WLB IMO. We need somebody on that side of the field who can swat passes.