12th man vote: QB for game 5? (Bumped)

Who should be our QB next week vs the Panthers?

• Open this week's practice up to competition: best QB starts

Votes: 23 12.0%
  • DILFER! DILFER! DILFER! DILFER!

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Get Flynn in there now. Don't waste any more time with a rookie not delivering

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • I'm torn, but this is as much about WR as QB. Give the kid another start.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • 100% stick with Wilson. We're still 2-2 with him at the helm.

Votes: 86 45.0%

• Total voters

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I answered "best QB starts" based on the assumption that Flynn's "sore arm/shoulder" was indeed impacting his ability to play.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Pretty sure we had a competition already.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure Wilson is the best option anymore. But i am 100% sure that since we chose Wilson to start we now need to stick wtih him and let him grow regardless of growing pains.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
You don't pull a rookie QB after 4 starts, especially not in our situation. Sure, there's a chance that Flynn comes in and lights it up but it's a big gamble. Much bigger gamble than a friggin onside kick.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Stick with the Rookie let him develop. Too late to put the rabbit back in the hat.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I have more faith in Wilson at this point... it's Carroll and Bevell that frustrate me.

We're not putting Wilson in a place where he can succeed with our current play-calling and scheme.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
TAKE HASSELBECK OUT NOW, HE'S TERRIBLE, WHERE'S DILFER?

cesame

Reaction score
RW is a rookie and has all the time in the world to develop.

You have to see what Flynn can do. It would be foolish not to.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
cesame":2khnds34 said:

Do you think Flynn is better at handing the ball off to Lynch? More chemistry with feeding the ball to Turbin? Is he tall enough to see over the line and see that our WRs are being covered? Does he ignore play calls by Bevell?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1whor3z3 said:
cesame":1whor3z3 said:

Do you think Flynn is better at handing the ball off to Lynch? More chemistry with feeding the ball to Turbin? Is he tall enough to see over the line and see that our WRs are being covered? Does he ignore play calls by Bevell?

This says it all.

Russell Wilson has NO accountability here.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1nvknkhd said:
SonicHawk":1nvknkhd said:
cesame":1nvknkhd said:

This says it all.

Russell Wilson has NO accountability here.

I don't think RW has played well at all. I also don't think that anybody has helped him.

I also don't think Flynn would do any better or they would let him do any better.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
This offense is as basic as it gets.
You can pull Wilson and start him later without any difference in offensive play calling.
We're not losing anything by starting Flynn.

cesame

Reaction score
SonicHawk":11c09qdb said:
cesame":11c09qdb said:

Can you say without a single shred of doubt that Russell Wilson is better than Matt Flynn?

m0ng0

Reaction score
sammyc521":1354e13y said:
We're not putting Wilson in a place where he can succeed with our current play-calling and scheme.

He cannot run the "vanilla offense" what makes you think he can run the full boat?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
m0ng0":37yk2i80 said:
sammyc521":37yk2i80 said:

He cannot run the "vanilla offense" what makes you think he can run the full boat?

To me its not as much about whether we're going vanilla or whether we're going exotic, its about whether we allow him to move around, improvise and be Russell Wilson. Thats what we saw on the first drive, which was masterful. I feel they're stifling his creativity.

Snohomie

Reaction score
While I believe in letting rookie QBs spend a year on the bench, I can't disagree a whole lot with what we did given our QB situation and how good Wilson looked in (completely meaningless and way overvalued) the preseason.

The 2nd best thing to letting a rookie ride the bench is starting early, and then sitting. Gets to see how he handled certain situations, and then see how someone else did it. Gives time to reflect, whereas a starter is always preparing for the upcoming opponent. So I don't mind benching Wilson.

That said, I decided before TC that whoever won the job would get six weeks before I'd pitch removing them. Wilson hasn't done anything egregious enough to change my mind - he's just struggling like a rookie, and in many ways better than a rookie. I'm really not confident than Flynn would do a whole lot better, although I'm not against finding out at some point this season.

Another reason to stick Wilson in is that I cannot say with any degree of confidence whether or not Wilson is our long-term QB - that's a question we don't need to know now, but we need to know it by the end of the year. I want to see RW grow, and if we try to find improvement over a 4 game sample size, we're just being silly.

suppaball

Reaction score
Compete for it in practice what have you got to lose? One of two things could happen:
1.) The added pressure makes Wilson better being he preforms better under pressure.
2.) He buckles under the pressure. in this case we don't want him.

Latest posts