Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 

Who would you start at QB vs Dallas?
Russell Wilson 88%  88%  [ 114 ]
Matt Flynn 9%  9%  [ 12 ]
Josh Portis (added for PeHawks satisfaction). 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 130
Author Message
 Post subject: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:24 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 937
Location: Marysville, WA
I am starting Wilson but i've seen some of the board start to turn on him a little bit.

Its fair to wonder what Flynn could do. I'm just curious to see what .NET feels about the situation.

I'm thinking Russell is smart enough to fix his mistakes (albeit he is a rookie) and come out looking even better next weekend. Maybe the rest of the team helps him out a little on offense too...

_________________
WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!


Last edited by Hawksfanatik on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:26 am 
* NET Injury Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
Posts: 1521
Location: Poulsbo, WA
Anybody that votes for Flynn does not have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind, either in the short term or long term. Teams do not make changes at the quarterback AFTER ONE GAME.

_________________
Image

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:28 am 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
No Portis option?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:29 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 937
Location: Marysville, WA
pehawk wrote:
No Portis option?


Edited to make you happy, sir. :mrgreen:

_________________
WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:31 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 1453
Location: Victoria BC
Ask what OC you want you will get a better representation. RW could only do what his OC game plan gave him. He did not block, he did not drop the passes. He did not allow Kolb to look like a Franchise QB.

_________________
Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:36 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:32 am
Posts: 3302
Location: The Open Road
Wilson is a rookie and if you decide to start a rookie, like we have, then you can't yank him just when the maturation process starts. We have to get through his learning curve. If you have this poll because of yesterday then the whole damn team needs to be polled because Wilson was not nearly the main reason we lost. Hey I'm a Flynn guy and I see that.

_________________
" Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
Posts: 2148
Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Raised: Florida
I also was/am a Flynn guy, but I'm totally all in for Wilson. He played a good game out there, not great but good none the less. He drove us down the field and gave us a chance to win. To say that switching the QB now is a good idea, is just silly.

_________________
Image
"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
-DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:40 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:09 am
Posts: 2903
Location: Omaha, NE
IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
Anybody that votes for Flynn does not have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind, either in the short term or long term. Teams do not make changes at the quarterback AFTER ONE GAME.


There's something about this that I don't like. I voted for RW, but I don't think anyone who doesn't is against the team. I think it would hurt RW's development to take him out. But I think the team (and I'm going on the last sentence of your remark here) overall, sometimes benefits from change. And I know most camps would sacrifice one for the good of many. I still agree that we have to let RW play it out.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 12:01 pm
Posts: 92
Location: Washington
Wilson all the way, i'm in with him for the entire year. Nothing I saw yesterday gave me pause as to who I think we should start. I'm still excited for the rest of the year and especially for next game when Dallas gets to come to our house!

1-1 here we come!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 am
Posts: 326
Location: The Adventure of CLink
I'm sorry, but with that O Line I don't think Flynn would have done any better...probably even worse.

_________________
The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:43 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7642
Location: Maple Valley, WA
RW looked like a rookie with promise playing his first NFL start. I think we were all a bit too caught up in the RW lovefest during the preaseason. We set ourselves up. Reality has arrived and reality dictates that most rookies will struggle their first year. No need to bench the kid yet. How fantastic did the precious Andrew Luck look yesterday? If memories serves, not all that great. Yet I doubt Colts fans are considering benching him.

I forgot how fun Knee-Jerk Mondays were during the NFL season.

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:44 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17583
Location: The beautiful PNW
KARAVARUS wrote:
IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
Anybody that votes for Flynn does not have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind, either in the short term or long term. Teams do not make changes at the quarterback AFTER ONE GAME.


There's something about this that I don't like. I voted for RW, but I don't think anyone who doesn't is against the team. I think it would hurt RW's development to take him out. But I think the team (and I'm going on the last sentence of your remark here) overall, sometimes benefits from change. And I know most camps would sacrifice one for the good of many. I still agree that we have to let RW play it out.


Not "against the team" but "doesn't have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind," whether intentionally or not. It's a bad, bad decision to pull him after one game. So bad it shouldn't even be a point of discussion. And pulling him in a knee-jerk reaction like that would certainly be to the detriment of the organization and to Wilson in both long and short run. Kind of like over-correcting a car. You certainly aren't against your own safety, but what you're doing is certainly not in your best interest.

12thMode wrote:
I'm sorry, but with that O Line I don't think Flynn would have done any better...probably even worse.


Wilson's agility and mobility saved a number of sacks, and the sacks he took were ones where he was given about one second in the crumbling pocket. He also scrambled a number of times and salvaged a couple of yards from an almost-sack. Flynn doesn't have half that mobility. It would be an almost-guarantee Flynn would have done far worse in the pocket, at least where sacks are concerned.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:50 am 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
I voted Wilson without reservation. Give him (and the team) a chance for redemption at home.

BUT

If we lose again, AND Wilson looks like a high upside rookie at the start of his learning curve with poor ball placement again....

THEN

I will definitely lobby for Flynn to start vs Green Bay on Monday Night Football.

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:52 am 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
KARAVARUS wrote:
IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
Anybody that votes for Flynn does not have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind, either in the short term or long term. Teams do not make changes at the quarterback AFTER ONE GAME.


There's something about this that I don't like. I voted for RW, but I don't think anyone who doesn't is against the team. I think it would hurt RW's development to take him out. But I think the team (and I'm going on the last sentence of your remark here) overall, sometimes benefits from change. And I know most camps would sacrifice one for the good of many. I still agree that we have to let RW play it out.


Not "against the team" but "doesn't have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind," whether intentionally or not. It's a bad, bad decision to pull him after one game. So bad it shouldn't even be a point of discussion. And pulling him in a knee-jerk reaction like that would certainly be to the detriment of the organization and to Wilson in both long and short run. Kind of like over-correcting a car. You certainly aren't against your own safety, but what you're doing is certainly not in your best interest.

12thMode wrote:
I'm sorry, but with that O Line I don't think Flynn would have done any better...probably even worse.


Wilson's agility and mobility saved a number of sacks, and the sacks he took were ones where he was given about one second in the crumbling pocket. He also scrambled a number of times and salvaged a couple of yards from an almost-sack. Flynn doesn't have half that mobility. It would be an almost-guarantee Flynn would have done far worse in the pocket, at least where sacks are concerned.


The counterpoint here is Flynn has more experience in the NFL and would have been more adept/enabled to go to audibles/hot reads and burn AZ for their blitzes. I don't think AZ would have been as aggressive with their scheme.

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
Wilson, you cannot turn back now unless you're absolutely sure that its okay to risk the future of Wilson for Flynn and you're sure Flynn can play better then do you.

But changing QB's just for the sake of changing QB's I can't get behind it.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:07 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 937
Location: Marysville, WA
bestfightstory wrote:
I voted Wilson without reservation. Give him (and the team) a chance for redemption at home.

BUT

If we lose again, AND Wilson looks like a high upside rookie at the start of his learning curve with poor ball placement again....

THEN

I will definitely lobby for Flynn to start vs Green Bay on Monday Night Football.



Think of how upset Flynn is going to be watching the Pack roll into Seattle for a MNF, and chillin' here on the bench.
That is not going to be a fun night for him when he thinks "why the hell did I sign in Seattle again"?

I mean, Russell deserved the job.. just sayin'.

_________________
WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:08 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:09 am
Posts: 2903
Location: Omaha, NE
Sailor - I don't think I made my point very well. I wasn't even speaking of OUR situatuon per-say. I just mean in general. But speaking to that point, since that is what we're talking about. IF the call was made to switch to Flynn, (which I agree, would be ridiculous at this juncture) I don't think it hurts the team as much as it hurts Wilson and his progress. Keep in mind, my personal opinion is to stick with RW for the entire season, barring injury. I just feel like we can't put absolutes on things like that. It is, afterall, an opinio--if one believes Flynn would be a better choice for week 2.

So with that said, I was just trying to say that if you're of the opinion that Flynn would be better now, I don't feel like it's because they don't have the best interest of the team in mind. And also, it would mean I am glad they are only an armchair coach, because that would be a terrible decision. ;)

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:17 am 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 9:12 pm
Posts: 771
Location: Eugene, OR
Aros wrote:
RW looked like a rookie with promise playing his first NFL start. I think we were all a bit too caught up in the RW lovefest during the preaseason. We set ourselves up. Reality has arrived and reality dictates that most rookies will struggle their first year. No need to bench the kid yet. How fantastic did the precious Andrew Luck look yesterday? If memories serves, not all that great. Yet I doubt Colts fans are considering benching him.

I forgot how fun Knee-Jerk Mondays were during the NFL season.


:13: I approve this message ...

_________________
I reject your reality and substitute my own


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am
Posts: 1054
I thought Flynn is injured?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:24 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:49 am
Posts: 230
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Looking for something to do...so I just wanted to see what was the last topic on the last page on this board.

How things have changed in a couple season eh?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:45 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 424
Location: Southeast Alaska
Wow, to think I was fully on board with Flynn no matter what. No rookie can rise to the top. Haha. Stupid me.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:46 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7642
Location: Maple Valley, WA
We should still start Flynn!

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5468
Location: Kansas City, MO
Holy necrothread Batman!?!

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:32 pm
Posts: 1625
Location: East Oly
Portis, yo.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:16 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:49 am
Posts: 230
Location: Abbotsford, BC
To be fair Russ won in a landslide - proving the vast majority of people at seahawks.net know their onions...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:13 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
Man I miss my boy Josh P!

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
Posts: 2148
Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Raised: Florida
I'm honored to be a first page poster of this thread, ty, ty.

_________________
Image
"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
-DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:02 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:50 pm
Posts: 344
I just voted for Flynn.. That Wilson kid is too short for an NFL quarteback and will never win the championship.... What a lousy wasted draft pick


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:09 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
Posts: 1300
Portis....Portis...Portis....er uh..um...Wilson Wilson Wilson...um uh.....Great idea. I was on board with Flynn too but when the coach says that Wilson is the man, the coach knows a lot more than we do about his actions and progression thru the preseason. All we see is the end results on the field. And after all...he is too short.

:thirishdrinkers: and irish coffee. Not really, just had to say it tho. :P

_________________
Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
Gollum never had OUR ring.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:06 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm
Posts: 542
I voted for Charlie Whitehurst.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:43 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:24 am
Posts: 278
Location: Tacoma, WA
Wow. Pretty funny/awesome reading this knowing how things turned out lol.

<<<--------


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:33 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17583
Location: The beautiful PNW
Ah, good times, those. For the record, I was one of the 100 Russell Wilson supporters, even before game two of the preseason. Yes, I'll toot my own damn horn. I have half a brain, and anyone with half a brain could see the kid had it in spades, from the very beginning.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:31 am 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Auburn, WA
I didn't know what to think in the beginning. But the KC game changed that, then when the RRR had Sherman look at the camera away from RW and say "that boy is good" I knew it was right. When it came time I didn't question it at all. Never did I mention Flynn as the starter. Even the first preseason game against Denver. I kind of knew but didn't really believe PC would do it.

RW.. 28-9 in his first two seasons with a SB win. LOL.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:32 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10154
Location: Vancouver, WA
I was one who voted for Russ. I was sold after watching him in the preseason game vs. KC. I even posted a thread that got very little response about his play in that game. I was very impressed watching him go through reads and look the Safety off, something you simply do not see out of rookie QBs hardly ever. Hell, you still seldom see it out of Krapperdink after 3 years in the league. Been on board with Russ ever since.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am
Posts: 761
I didn't even think he played bad week 1 2012 against AZ. What a stupid thread lol.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm
Posts: 6147
I was never a Flynn fan. Had no idea or assumption that Wilson would become the player he is. Man, he's special.

_________________
SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.