Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Who would you start at QB vs Dallas?
Russell Wilson 88%  88%  [ 114 ]
Matt Flynn 9%  9%  [ 12 ]
Josh Portis (added for PeHawks satisfaction). 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 130
 Post subject: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:24 am 
NET Veteran

I am starting Wilson but i've seen some of the board start to turn on him a little bit.

Its fair to wonder what Flynn could do. I'm just curious to see what .NET feels about the situation.

I'm thinking Russell is smart enough to fix his mistakes (albeit he is a rookie) and come out looking even better next weekend. Maybe the rest of the team helps him out a little on offense too...

Last edited by Hawksfanatik on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:26 am 
* NET Injury Guru *

Anybody that votes for Flynn does not have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind, either in the short term or long term. Teams do not make changes at the quarterback AFTER ONE GAME.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:28 am 
* Report Button *

No Portis option?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:29 am 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:
No Portis option?

Edited to make you happy, sir. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:31 am 
NET Veteran

Ask what OC you want you will get a better representation. RW could only do what his OC game plan gave him. He did not block, he did not drop the passes. He did not allow Kolb to look like a Franchise QB.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:36 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wilson is a rookie and if you decide to start a rookie, like we have, then you can't yank him just when the maturation process starts. We have to get through his learning curve. If you have this poll because of yesterday then the whole damn team needs to be polled because Wilson was not nearly the main reason we lost. Hey I'm a Flynn guy and I see that.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:38 am 
NET Veteran

I also was/am a Flynn guy, but I'm totally all in for Wilson. He played a good game out there, not great but good none the less. He drove us down the field and gave us a chance to win. To say that switching the QB now is a good idea, is just silly.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:40 am 
NET Veteran

IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
Anybody that votes for Flynn does not have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind, either in the short term or long term. Teams do not make changes at the quarterback AFTER ONE GAME.

There's something about this that I don't like. I voted for RW, but I don't think anyone who doesn't is against the team. I think it would hurt RW's development to take him out. But I think the team (and I'm going on the last sentence of your remark here) overall, sometimes benefits from change. And I know most camps would sacrifice one for the good of many. I still agree that we have to let RW play it out.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 am 
NET Practice Squad

Wilson all the way, i'm in with him for the entire year. Nothing I saw yesterday gave me pause as to who I think we should start. I'm still excited for the rest of the year and especially for next game when Dallas gets to come to our house!

1-1 here we come!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 am 
NET Starter

I'm sorry, but with that O Line I don't think Flynn would have done any better...probably even worse.

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:43 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

RW looked like a rookie with promise playing his first NFL start. I think we were all a bit too caught up in the RW lovefest during the preaseason. We set ourselves up. Reality has arrived and reality dictates that most rookies will struggle their first year. No need to bench the kid yet. How fantastic did the precious Andrew Luck look yesterday? If memories serves, not all that great. Yet I doubt Colts fans are considering benching him.

I forgot how fun Knee-Jerk Mondays were during the NFL season.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:44 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

KARAVARUS wrote:

There's something about this that I don't like. I voted for RW, but I don't think anyone who doesn't is against the team. I think it would hurt RW's development to take him out. But I think the team (and I'm going on the last sentence of your remark here) overall, sometimes benefits from change. And I know most camps would sacrifice one for the good of many. I still agree that we have to let RW play it out.

Not "against the team" but "doesn't have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind," whether intentionally or not. It's a bad, bad decision to pull him after one game. So bad it shouldn't even be a point of discussion. And pulling him in a knee-jerk reaction like that would certainly be to the detriment of the organization and to Wilson in both long and short run. Kind of like over-correcting a car. You certainly aren't against your own safety, but what you're doing is certainly not in your best interest.

12thMode wrote:
I'm sorry, but with that O Line I don't think Flynn would have done any better...probably even worse.

Wilson's agility and mobility saved a number of sacks, and the sacks he took were ones where he was given about one second in the crumbling pocket. He also scrambled a number of times and salvaged a couple of yards from an almost-sack. Flynn doesn't have half that mobility. It would be an almost-guarantee Flynn would have done far worse in the pocket, at least where sacks are concerned.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:50 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

I voted Wilson without reservation. Give him (and the team) a chance for redemption at home.

BUT

If we lose again, AND Wilson looks like a high upside rookie at the start of his learning curve with poor ball placement again....

THEN

I will definitely lobby for Flynn to start vs Green Bay on Monday Night Football.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:52 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
KARAVARUS wrote:

Not "against the team" but "doesn't have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind," whether intentionally or not. It's a bad, bad decision to pull him after one game. So bad it shouldn't even be a point of discussion. And pulling him in a knee-jerk reaction like that would certainly be to the detriment of the organization and to Wilson in both long and short run. Kind of like over-correcting a car. You certainly aren't against your own safety, but what you're doing is certainly not in your best interest.

12thMode wrote:

Wilson's agility and mobility saved a number of sacks, and the sacks he took were ones where he was given about one second in the crumbling pocket. He also scrambled a number of times and salvaged a couple of yards from an almost-sack. Flynn doesn't have half that mobility. It would be an almost-guarantee Flynn would have done far worse in the pocket, at least where sacks are concerned.

The counterpoint here is Flynn has more experience in the NFL and would have been more adept/enabled to go to audibles/hot reads and burn AZ for their blitzes. I don't think AZ would have been as aggressive with their scheme.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 am 
* NET Baller *

Wilson, you cannot turn back now unless you're absolutely sure that its okay to risk the future of Wilson for Flynn and you're sure Flynn can play better then do you.

But changing QB's just for the sake of changing QB's I can't get behind it.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:07 am 
NET Veteran

bestfightstory wrote:
I voted Wilson without reservation. Give him (and the team) a chance for redemption at home.

BUT

If we lose again, AND Wilson looks like a high upside rookie at the start of his learning curve with poor ball placement again....

THEN

I will definitely lobby for Flynn to start vs Green Bay on Monday Night Football.

Think of how upset Flynn is going to be watching the Pack roll into Seattle for a MNF, and chillin' here on the bench.
That is not going to be a fun night for him when he thinks "why the hell did I sign in Seattle again"?

I mean, Russell deserved the job.. just sayin'.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:08 am 
NET Veteran

Sailor - I don't think I made my point very well. I wasn't even speaking of OUR situatuon per-say. I just mean in general. But speaking to that point, since that is what we're talking about. IF the call was made to switch to Flynn, (which I agree, would be ridiculous at this juncture) I don't think it hurts the team as much as it hurts Wilson and his progress. Keep in mind, my personal opinion is to stick with RW for the entire season, barring injury. I just feel like we can't put absolutes on things like that. It is, afterall, an opinio--if one believes Flynn would be a better choice for week 2.

So with that said, I was just trying to say that if you're of the opinion that Flynn would be better now, I don't feel like it's because they don't have the best interest of the team in mind. And also, it would mean I am glad they are only an armchair coach, because that would be a terrible decision. ;)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:17 am 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Aros wrote:
RW looked like a rookie with promise playing his first NFL start. I think we were all a bit too caught up in the RW lovefest during the preaseason. We set ourselves up. Reality has arrived and reality dictates that most rookies will struggle their first year. No need to bench the kid yet. How fantastic did the precious Andrew Luck look yesterday? If memories serves, not all that great. Yet I doubt Colts fans are considering benching him.

I forgot how fun Knee-Jerk Mondays were during the NFL season.

:13: I approve this message ...

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:45 am 
NET Veteran

I thought Flynn is injured?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:24 pm 
NET Rookie

Looking for something to do...so I just wanted to see what was the last topic on the last page on this board.

How things have changed in a couple season eh?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:45 pm 
NET Starter

Wow, to think I was fully on board with Flynn no matter what. No rookie can rise to the top. Haha. Stupid me.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:46 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

We should still start Flynn!

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:50 pm 
NET Veteran

Holy necrothread Batman!?!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:55 pm 
NET Veteran

Portis, yo.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:16 pm 
NET Rookie

To be fair Russ won in a landslide - proving the vast majority of people at seahawks.net know their onions...

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:13 pm 
* NET Baller *

Man I miss my boy Josh P!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:36 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm honored to be a first page poster of this thread, ty, ty.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:02 am 
NET Starter

I just voted for Flynn.. That Wilson kid is too short for an NFL quarteback and will never win the championship.... What a lousy wasted draft pick

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:09 am 
NET Veteran

Portis....Portis...Portis....er uh..um...Wilson Wilson Wilson...um uh.....Great idea. I was on board with Flynn too but when the coach says that Wilson is the man, the coach knows a lot more than we do about his actions and progression thru the preseason. All we see is the end results on the field. And after all...he is too short.

:thirishdrinkers: and irish coffee. Not really, just had to say it tho. :P

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:06 am 
NET Veteran

I voted for Charlie Whitehurst.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:43 am 
NET Rookie

Wow. Pretty funny/awesome reading this knowing how things turned out lol.

<<<--------

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:33 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Ah, good times, those. For the record, I was one of the 100 Russell Wilson supporters, even before game two of the preseason. Yes, I'll toot my own damn horn. I have half a brain, and anyone with half a brain could see the kid had it in spades, from the very beginning.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:31 am 
I'M JIMMY!

I didn't know what to think in the beginning. But the KC game changed that, then when the RRR had Sherman look at the camera away from RW and say "that boy is good" I knew it was right. When it came time I didn't question it at all. Never did I mention Flynn as the starter. Even the first preseason game against Denver. I kind of knew but didn't really believe PC would do it.

RW.. 28-9 in his first two seasons with a SB win. LOL.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:32 am 
NET Pro Bowler

I was one who voted for Russ. I was sold after watching him in the preseason game vs. KC. I even posted a thread that got very little response about his play in that game. I was very impressed watching him go through reads and look the Safety off, something you simply do not see out of rookie QBs hardly ever. Hell, you still seldom see it out of Krapperdink after 3 years in the league. Been on board with Russ ever since.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:49 pm 
NET Veteran

I didn't even think he played bad week 1 2012 against AZ. What a stupid thread lol.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:06 pm 
NET Veteran

I was never a Flynn fan. Had no idea or assumption that Wilson would become the player he is. Man, he's special.

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]