Jon Ryan is ST player of the week

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jon Ryan is ST player of the week
Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Jon Ryan is ST player of the week
Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:16 pm
  • Thanks for posting! I was watching a replay of the game and on one of his punts (I think his first) it listed his average as 35 yards per punt, my first thought was "What's the stat of the opponents average starting point from his punts I wonder?" and as the game went on I was thinking that each of his punts were getting to the 10.

Was thinking of going back to watch the game and track it for fun, glad you posted the link :) (not that I can't find another excuse to re-watch the game!)
    byau
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:58 pm
  • He is one of our best weapons and a serious threat at QB too.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:40 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:He is one of our best weapons and a serious threat at QB too.

Way to kick this out of the park! Loved that play.
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:53 pm
  • byau wrote:Thanks for posting! I was watching a replay of the game and on one of his punts (I think his first) it listed his average as 35 yards per punt, my first thought was "What's the stat of the opponents average starting point from his punts I wonder?" and as the game went on I was thinking that each of his punts were getting to the 10.

Was thinking of going back to watch the game and track it for fun, glad you posted the link :) (not that I can't find another excuse to re-watch the game!)

I've always thought that the average distance for punts was a relatively meaningless stat. As you pointed out, the real statistic is where the opposing team starts from after the punts. I wish they'd put up the stat like this AVG PUNT 41.2 yards | AVG OPP START 18 YD Line or something like that.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:54 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:He is one of our best weapons and a serious threat at QB too.

He's far and away the best Twitter poster on the team to boot. Maybe league wide.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:23 pm
  • rjdriver wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:He is one of our best weapons and a serious threat at QB too.

He's far and away the best Twitter poster on the team to boot. Maybe league wide.

Last I heard, Ryan left twitter and it's a shame too

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/football/article/Seahawks-punter-Jon-Ryan-social-media-8102915.php

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:28 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    byau wrote:Thanks for posting! I was watching a replay of the game and on one of his punts (I think his first) it listed his average as 35 yards per punt, my first thought was "What's the stat of the opponents average starting point from his punts I wonder?" and as the game went on I was thinking that each of his punts were getting to the 10.

I've always thought that the average distance for punts was a relatively meaningless stat. As you pointed out, the real statistic is where the opposing team starts from after the punts. I wish they'd put up the stat like this AVG PUNT 41.2 yards | AVG OPP START 18 YD Line or something like that.

The Ginger Ninja strikes again. :D

Yep, where you pin your opponent is what matters not yards per kick.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information