Cedric Ogbuehi OT signs

Jville

Reaction score
My Goodness.

John Schneider and Mike Solari have been busy.

Solari doesn't lack any confidence in his coaching ability and ability to assemble a roster.

Cedric Ogbuehi is advertised to possess good athletic traits. Perhaps Solari can look at him to potentially fill a George Fant type role.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Former first round pick. Seahawks are keying on guys that are strong run blockers. This leads me to believe they will spend more draft picks on defense. Which they need to do. Now if they sign Clowney...I'll be ecstatic!!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Ogbuehi was genuinely terrible in Cincy. I'm hoping he's signing exclusively as a backup right tackle to take over Fant's sixth lineman role.

Jville

Reaction score
Here we go. Just what I wanted to hear ..........................
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1240432295783219200[/tweet]

............................................... it's a beautiful day in our neighborhood.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":11mdnv9y said:
Ogbuehi was genuinely terrible in Cincy. I'm hoping he's signing exclusively as a backup right tackle to take over Fant's sixth lineman role.

True. He hasn't lived up to his first round billing but it was the Bengals that picked him. That's a poorly run organization.

Jville

Reaction score
Here is a little more .............................
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1240432295783219200[/tweet]

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Jville":10pdj5h2 said:
My Goodness.

Solari doesn't lack any confidence in his coaching ability and ability to assemble a roster.

Cedric Ogbuehi is advertised to possess good athletic traits. Perhaps Solari can look at him to potentially fill a George Fant type role.
My thoughts exactly. Cedric is a little on the light side, has position versatility, and coming out of college his best trait was apparently his feet, lateral quickness, and athleticism. Seems like a perfect fit to be active on game day as sixth lineman/blocking TE, and emergency backup at a number of o-line positions.

Jville

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":1yhgxqwv said:
Jville":1yhgxqwv said:
My Goodness.

My thoughts exactly. Cedric is a little on the light side, has position versatility, and coming out of college his best trait was apparently his feet, lateral quickness, and athleticism. Seems like a perfect fit to be active on game day as sixth lineman/blocking TE, and emergency backup at a number of o-line positions.

John Schneider is really on top of his game.

What was the elapse time between losing out on plan A, the resigning of Fant, and moving on to plan B, the signing of Cedric Ogbuehi? A couple days?

John63

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2pf0rqbl said:
Former first round pick. Seahawks are keying on guys that are strong run blockers. This leads me to believe they will spend more draft picks on defense. Which they need to do. Now if they sign Clowney...I'll be ecstatic!!

Agreed on strong run blockers and as usual questionable pass blocker. So, in others words more of the same old same only one and done. Oh to be actually trying to get to the SB

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
We are clearly looking to shore up our OL short term. Despite expressed wishes for continuity -- it looks like we may have 4 new OL starters relative to last year.

Not disappointed. So far so good.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":1kedynh8 said:
hawkfan68":1kedynh8 said:

Agreed on strong run blockers and as usual questionable pass blocker. So, in others words more of the same old same only one and done. Oh to be actually trying to get to the SB

Finney fits the opposite mold, to be fair. His trouble is push in the run game, it seems, which is why I think he's filling in at center.

Ogbuehi is more than likely just depth, or a prospect to take over Fant's role as the heavy TE/6th lineman. More of a direct Fant replacement, whereas it looks like Shell is going to end up competing for Ifedi's spot.

I don't see this signing as ensuring a one and done... Super Bowl teams need depth, dude. Not everyone starts.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2i8agbdr said:
We are clearly looking to shore up our OL short term. Despite expressed wishes for continuity -- it looks like we may have 4 new OL starters relative to last year.

Not disappointed. So far so good.

Agreed. Shell and Finney are excellent signings for the value. I'd wager that Shell is going to be as good, if not better, tha Ifedi for half his expected market price. Ogbuehi cain be the sixth lineman and swing tackle backup, Finney can compete at LG and C... this is looking good so far and they're not even overpaying.

balakoth

Reaction score
John63":kn7al8g7 said:
hawkfan68":kn7al8g7 said:

Not many posts.. long time lurker and a few of my posts have been a little snarky

But watching you post.... takes the cake.....

It's not like we are signing this dude to be our premier end tackle............

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The FO and Solari have interest in this guy and believe he could be more than he's shown. Worth a shot. Exceptional athletic ability and really L---O---N---G arms. Besides we could have a role for him as a 6th TE if he can't show anything as a T.

He busted in Cincie (fixed) and had no chance in Jax, I suspect he's still as raw as fresh steak.

I'm curious if he can be coached up.

The Breh

Reaction score
Appyhawk":z7dyqsz1 said:
Very underwhelmed on this one. Don't know much about this guy, but I suspect we had/have better on our practice squad.
You're "very underwhelmed" about a guy you "don't know much about".
Then presume we've "had better on our practice squad".

:pukeface:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't know much about him because he hasn't been able to play enough, even on bad teams, to see what he's got. I HAVE seen some good play by our reserves, and they did it playing for a playoff team vs top shelf competition.
Carefeul. You could choke on that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If he were good, we couldn't have afforded him. He's a developmental type with whom we should count on Solari for coaching.