Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should IR be lifted for Super Bowl?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Should IR be lifted for Super Bowl?
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:58 am
  • I have no idea if this would apply anything more than the rare exception, but should the league allow IR'd players to come back for the Super Bowl (if healthy, obviously)? This isn't really an argument from a competitiveness standpoint but would be more about putting the best product on the field for the big game.

I remember several years ago Rod Woodson talking the Steelers into keeping him off IR after an early season ACL, with the thought being that he could return in time for the Super Bowl, if they made it. They did, and he did.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Re: Should IR be lifted for Super Bowl?
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:37 pm
  • Along this line of thinking, the league should lift the inactive roster for the playoffs. All 53, if healthy, are eligible to play....
    blkhwk
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:51 pm
  • blkhwk wrote:Along this line of thinking, the league should lift the inactive roster for the playoffs. All 53, if healthy, are eligible to play....

I think the inactive designation should be lifted period. I struggle to see the point of it.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:01 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    blkhwk wrote:Along this line of thinking, the league should lift the inactive roster for the playoffs. All 53, if healthy, are eligible to play....

I think the inactive designation should be lifted period. I struggle to see the point of it.

It is pretty simple, keeps the playing field level.
    HawkStrong
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:09 pm
  • HawkStrong wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    blkhwk wrote:Along this line of thinking, the league should lift the inactive roster for the playoffs. All 53, if healthy, are eligible to play....

If they are on the roster they should be eligible to play. If both teams have no inactive players the playing field is leveled.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:31 pm
  • oldhawkfan wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

If they are on the roster they should be eligible to play. If both teams have no inactive players the playing field is leveled.

Injuries. It is in place to level the field for injuries. Thought that was clear, sorry.
    HawkStrong
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:00 pm
  • HawkStrong wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

Injuries. It is in place to level the field for injuries. Thought that was clear, sorry.

The ability to let a team carry a player with a minor injury for a few weeks while he heals and not forcing them to go IR.

I'd like to see them lift the daily active roster by 1-2 players.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:11 pm
  • My, very hazy recollection, is that the inactives came about as a change to IR rules. Also came with an expanded roster. So if you go back in time and take away the inactives, you also take the roster back to 48.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information