Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Helmet Geeks?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Any Helmet Geeks?
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:35 pm
  • I just got my authentic Seahawks helmet from Onthefield, via eBay...Not bad price, especially when the Pro Shop sells the authentic for over $600 last I checked...Has the Seahawks decals on the front/back, flag, etc...Very pleased with the quality! Will be front and center for the game Sunday. Now if only I had a bad@ss Seahawks man cave...
    Attachments
    helmet1.jpg
    helmet1.jpg (230.53 KiB) Viewed 659 times
    helmet2.jpg
    helmet2.jpg (200.32 KiB) Viewed 659 times
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Any Helmet Geeks?
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:54 pm
  • It's a thing of beauty, Aros. What a great addition to your swag collection!

The little boy in me is so jealous of such a cool toy, too. :P
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:59 pm
  • Looking good!

Now what you need is an original Silver helmet as a companion. I say original, but my favorite has always been the blue masked second version as opposed to the gray masked original.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:07 pm
  • Love it! If I didn't lose 30 cents on the usd I would have a few! Cant buy this stuff in Canada. I got a mini helmet....
    Last edited by Cyrus12 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:07 pm
  • Thats friggen' awesome! I have been mulling over buying a helmet as well, but haven't found the right deal to entice me. I'm still on the fence on if I want a current one, or an old school one.

Luckily I have a man cave, but it's missing a helmet.

:irishdrinkers:

2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:38 pm
  • Thanks gents...Definitely a helmet geek. Yeah I remember going to the Pro Shop and ooooh'ing and aaaah'ing the authentic next gen helmet...When I asked the price I thought they would say $300-$350...When she said $600, I was like, "Say, wha?" Eeeesh. But I have been watching eBay with their nice selection of authentic helmets and decent prices trying to figure out the catch. With it now in hand, I can say there's no catch. These are definitely the real deal.

As for the silver helmet, I actually did have a custom silver Revolution version of the "Gun Metal Blue/Hasselbeck Era" helmet as well as the regular blue one and the retro original (see below). I kick myself for selling them, especially because I had a ton of awesome signatures, especially on the retro one. I sold them to someone on .NET many, many years ago.
    Attachments
    helmets.jpg
    helmets.jpg (410.1 KiB) Viewed 577 times
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:42 pm
  • Dang, looking at the photo reminds me just some of the sigs I had...

Shawn Alexander, Jim Zorn, Jon Kitna, Michael Sinclair, Chad Brown, I remember I had Holmgren and a host of others on the other side as well. Dang I should have never sold those.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:32 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Thats friggen' awesome! I have been mulling over buying a helmet as well, but haven't found the right deal to entice me. I'm still on the fence on if I want a current one, or an old school one.

Luckily I have a man cave, but it's missing a helmet.

:irishdrinkers:

Well done shop!
    OpHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:59 pm
  • I have minis for all the helmets throughout Seahawks history. I had to get a little creative for the first helmets with the gray facemasks. I bought another silver helmet with the blue facemask and then bought a Raiders helmet and changed the facemask.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:17 pm

My kids room...just no kids..

Gotta double sided 12 flag on the pole outside. I gotta seahawk foam head thing somewhere as well....cheaper than a helmet.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:11 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:My kids room...just no kids..

LOL, I know that feeling! After all, I am just a little kid trapped in a 51-year-old's body!

OpHawk, dig the garage/man cave! Man I wish I had a garage like that. Could double as a hangar for my RC airplanes too!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:33 pm
  • Would you mind sharing where you bought it from? I know it is ebay, but from which seller? My son's birthday is coming up on the 18th and I think this might be a good present to get him.
    LastRideOut
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:33 pm
  • LastRideOut wrote:Would you mind sharing where you bought it from? I know it is ebay, but from which seller? My son's birthday is coming up on the 18th and I think this might be a good present to get him.

Sure thing! Their eBay handle is onfieldfieldproductions. I'll PM you his direct contact info...Nice birthday gift!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:21 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:My kids room...just no kids..

LOL, I know that feeling! After all, I am just a little kid trapped in a 51-year-old's body!

OpHawk, dig the garage/man cave! Man I wish I had a garage like that. Could double as a hangar for my RC airplanes too!

Good grief young man, the youngest of my two Daughters is 52, and my boys are 50 & 49.
    My Step Son knows how much a freak I am about my Seahawks Fandom, he bought me & Mama our first ever Tickets to the Clink. :vodka:
    I have a signature Marcus Trufant mini helmet, which sits on my desk, right next to my Seahawks clock...I have three jerseys, & some old school cards, & a 70's cordeuroy BB cap, just like the one that Coach Chuck Knox wore on the sidelines.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:25 pm
  • Not a geek but I have a couple

My fav is the mini with Lynch signature
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:12 pm
  • aros - can you guide me to guy on ebay that sells... im buying one its looks really nice.....GO HAWKS
    vtxretro02
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:21 pm
  • Aros wrote:I just got my authentic Seahawks helmet from Onthefield, via eBay...Not bad price, especially when the Pro Shop sells the authentic for over $600 last I checked...Has the Seahawks decals on the front/back, flag, etc...Very pleased with the quality! Will be front and center for the game Sunday. Now if only I had a bad@ss Seahawks man cave...

Boy, that sure is a purdy helmet you got there. :pimp:
    12AngryHawks
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:08 am
  • Only got one & its the only one i'll ever need. Russ autograph after the Superbowl XLVIII.

My garage/arcade
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:48 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:My kids room...just no kids..

Good grief young man, the youngest of my two Daughters is 52, and my boys are 50 & 49.
    My Step Son knows how much a freak I am about my Seahawks Fandom, he bought me & Mama our first ever Tickets to the Clink. :vodka:
    I have a signature Marcus Trufant mini helmet, which sits on my desk, right next to my Seahawks clock...I have three jerseys, & some old school cards, & a 70's cordeuroy BB cap, just like the one that Coach Chuck Knox wore on the sidelines.

That's great! And yes sir age is but a number. Most of us are all kids at heart regardless of that silly number of times we've took a trip around the Sun!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:50 am
  • vtxretro02 wrote:aros - can you guide me to guy on ebay that sells... im buying one its looks really nice.....GO HAWKS

Sure thing... Try this link:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... t&_sacat=0

If that doesn't work simply go to eBay.com and in the search field at the top type "Authentic Seahawks Helmet" and hit search. Pulls up an impressive selection to choose from. I used "onfieldproductions" as my seller.

There are many types of helmets, face guards and even in some cases eye shields to choose from.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:55 am
  • rcaido wrote:Only got one & its the only one i'll ever need. Russ autograph after the Superbowl XLVIII.

Thread winner! Wow, what a main attraction for the man cave!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information