Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paul Gallant is the worst...

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Paul Gallant is the worst...
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:43 pm
  • Morning show on 710 has taken a huge turn for the worse with Paul and Danny, with Paul being the main culprit. On top of it Paul is the type of guy to go post on the Green Bay subreddit, talking up GB and talking $h!t about the Seahawks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPacker ... /z/fdj6qp2

Can't wait until this guy gets run out of town.
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Re: Paul Gallant is the worst...
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:03 pm
  • Agreed. He tries to be funny but his attempts are futile. I only listen to hear John Clayton's report at 7:15 am. Danny is not much better either but he's better than Gallant.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:11 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Agreed. He tries to be funny but his attempts are futile. I only listen to hear John Clayton's report at 7:15 am. Danny is not much better either but he's better than Gallant.

He came up reviewing TV shows, and some how got put on sports duty at some point. Lack of knowledge really shows. On top of that he is a huge Patriots fan. Whoever thought to put him on air needs to be fired..
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:14 pm
  • Been thinking about posting this for awhile. Danny and Gallant SUCK!!! Wish Brock and Salk was back. Make it happen.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:17 pm
  • Where did he talk $h!t about the Hawks?

All I see is he said "much like you probably think the Hawks aren't that good, that's how I feel about the Packers."

Am I missing something?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:21 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Where did he talk $h!t about the Hawks?

All I see is he said "much like you probably think the Hawks aren't that good, that's how I feel about the Packers."

Am I missing something?

He is constantly calling the Hawks mediocre, calls them an 8-8 team in the post I linked. Has taken a ton of veiled shots at Hawks and Hawk fans on radio and social media.
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:23 pm
  • HawkStrong wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Where did he talk $h!t about the Hawks?

Am I missing something?

He is constantly calling the Hawks mediocre, calls them an 8-8 team in the post I linked. Has taken a ton of veiled shots at Hawks and Hawk fans on radio and social media.

Sounds like seahawks.net
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:35 pm
  • rcaido wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:

Am I missing something?

Sounds like seahawks.net

Different when it is coming from a fan, on a message board. Radio hosts should be above that $h!t.
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:37 pm
  • He’s like booger McFarland half the time. That is the worst show. He has snapped at stacie on air. And I think his football knowledge is crap. Every since the switch up it Clayton and 950kjr the rest of the day. And surprisingly I love listening to 950. They bring on Walter jones quite a bit. Cliff Avril, and holmgren is on there. So much GOOD knowledge and football talk going on.
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 pm
  • 425HawkSpark wrote:He’s like booger McFarland half the time. That is the worst show. He has snapped at stacie on air. And I think his football knowledge is crap. Every since the switch up it Clayton and 950kjr the rest of the day. And surprisingly I love listening to 950. They bring on Walter jones quite a bit. Cliff Avril, and holmgren is on there. So much GOOD knowledge and football talk going on.

He knows next to nothing about football. He doesn't have a sports background. He started in "news" by reviewing TV shows for a paper, and somehow became a radio personality. He was fired down in Houston for the same type of schtick he is doing up here. It isn't funny, it isn't informative. I used to tune into 710 over 950, for lots of reasons, but finding myself going 950 now for reasons you stated.
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:25 pm
  • They are both petty, immature, and hard to listen to. I loved listening to Brock but I avoid that show now. I mean I have tried, but its just not worth it.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:29 pm
  • Hahahaha.

I don't have a problem with Gallant at all. If you don't like him simply don't listen unless you need a forum to b!@ch about yet something else.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:32 pm
  • HawkStrong wrote:
    rcaido wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:

Am I missing something?

Sounds like seahawks.net

Different when it is coming from a fan, on a message board. Radio hosts should be above that $h!t.

Above what? They give their opinions like everybody else.

Go take some Triactin
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:46 pm
  • Smellyman wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    rcaido wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:

Sounds like seahawks.net

Above what? They give their opinions like everybody else.

Go take some Triactin

It's supposed to be entertaining and informative. It is neither.
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:13 pm
  • He actually took the Hawks BIG vs. Arizona. All the other folks like Jake, Tom, Stacy and etc. warned him against as they new the Seahawks' modus operendi.

They're not as good as Brock and Salk (yet) but some of ya'll used to b!@ch about them.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:14 pm
  • Sports Radio in this town sucks.
    The only worth while listens are Clayton and Wyman. The rest are pretty bad.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:25 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:He actually took the Hawks BIG vs. Arizona. All the other folks like Jake, Tom, Stacy and etc. warned him against as they new the Seahawks' modus operendi.

They're not as good as Brock and Salk (yet) but some of ya'll used to b!@ch about them.

That's part of his schtick, "Oh they can't possibly lose this game, they should blow them out!"
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:28 pm
  • I loved listening to Brock and Salk during the football season. I would occasionally listen to the station's other programs, but not daily. Now I just fast forward to the Monday Pete Carroll show and call it good for the week.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:45 pm
  • HawkStrong wrote:
    rcaido wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:

Am I missing something?

Sounds like seahawks.net

Above what? Being honest and objective?

I listen to Paul and Danny on the way to work just about every morning, Gallant admits he's new and not that knowledgeable yet about the Hawks.

Not sure why you listen to sports radio, but I listen for honest entertainment and information. I don't want a bunch of homer hosts. I get enough of that here.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:52 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    rcaido wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:

Sounds like seahawks.net

Above what? Being honest and objective?

I listen to Paul and Danny on the way to work just about every morning, Gallant admits he's new and not that knowledgeable yet about the Hawks.

Not sure why you listen to sports radio, but I listen for honest entertainment and information. I don't want a bunch of homer hosts. I get enough of that here.

I listen to sports radio to be up to date on the team, be a more informed fan, and to hopefully be entertained. Danny and Paul don't do any of the three well. Especially replacing Brock and Salk, you would think they would have gotten a guy with some football knowledge as well as a pair of hosts who have good chemistry. They have a bunch of options to pick from on their station, and they went with two jokers whose best contributions to their previous shows were to be quiet.

Seriously, look up what people thought of Paul in Houston where he was last employed. It's more of the same sentiment displayed in this thread, not just by me.

I don't expect the hosts to be homers, just expect them to add more to the conversation than what they have so far.
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:19 pm
  • Why would you want to listen to 2 new Seahawks fans, that never played the sport or have any real insight to the team or sport. When galant came on to introduce him self, Brock and Saulk ask him what’s the biggest injustice in sports history (right after talking about loosing the Sonics) and he goes to say spy gate and how the pats got robbed. He’s a pats fan who fakes it here in Seattle. Danny is from NY. The show is just 2 guys spewing crap and not funny. I enjoy actual sports talk from intelligent people with knowledge of what they talk about.
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:52 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Sports Radio in this town sucks.
    The only worth while listens are Clayton and Wyman. The rest are pretty bad.

I'd add Furness, Heaps, Bumpus to those two.

But the Hawks -centric podcasts are way better than radio right now - Corbin Smith and MSD in particular.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:14 pm
  • I’ll stand in defense of Danny. He’s my favorite guy on kiro next to Clayton, problem with Clayton is the over inflated ego.
    Agreed though, new guy isn’t very good. Didn’t Saulk come back in a managerial role? I was under the impression he was at least partially responsible for the lineups. Am I mistaken??
    Tmagopis
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:24 pm
  • 425HawkSpark wrote:Why would you want to listen to 2 new Seahawks fans, that never played the sport or have any real insight to the team or sport. When galant came on to introduce him self, Brock and Saulk ask him what’s the biggest injustice in sports history (right after talking about loosing the Sonics) and he goes to say spy gate and how the pats got robbed. He’s a pats fan who fakes it here in Seattle. Danny is from NY. The show is just 2 guys spewing crap and not funny. I enjoy actual sports talk from intelligent people with knowledge of what they talk about.

Two new fans? O'Neil's been in Seattle for like 10 years as a beat writer for the Times and radio host on KIRO.

Salk's from Massachusetts, Bob's from the Midwest, as was Groz and Gas before him. Mitch Levy was from Florida before he got here.

You guys have some strange requirements out of your sports show hosts. I've got news for you, most hosts come from somewhere else, that's the nature of the business.

Gallant's fine, he has some good chemistry with Danny. If I had to choose I'd prefer Brock and Salk, but it's just dude's talking Hawks with guests, not really worth getting all worked up about.

You don't like them, listen to KJR in the morning.....you can fall asleep at the wheel from the narcolepsy inducing Hugh Millen breaking down games ad nauseum.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:28 pm
  • 425HawkSpark wrote:Why would you want to listen to 2 new Seahawks fans, that never played the sport or have any real insight to the team or sport. When galant came on to introduce him self, Brock and Saulk ask him what’s the biggest injustice in sports history (right after talking about loosing the Sonics) and he goes to say spy gate and how the pats got robbed. He’s a pats fan who fakes it here in Seattle. Danny is from NY. The show is just 2 guys spewing crap and not funny. I enjoy actual sports talk from intelligent people with knowledge of what they talk about.

Danny is most definitely not from NY, get your $h!t straight if you bad mouthing people. :irishdrinkers:
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:43 am
  • New fans???? Danny is a new fan??? Oh boy...……..
    And it's not "loosing" it's LOSING
    And here's a great way to solve your dislike of someone on the radio...….wait for it...…..change the channel.
    Brock is great, but Salk and his "Look at me, I'm an angry East Coast guy" got old a long time ago. As always, if something is annoying you on the radio, flip the station or throw on some tunes :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:50 am
  • The problem with Gallant isn't where he's from the problem is he's not interesting. I have a feeling a few months from now it will no longer be an issue.

I've always like Danny plus he's a fun follow on Twitter.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:55 am
  • I'm trying to give Gallant a grace period, but so far he really hasn't impressed.
    But hey, I rarely have to hear the Groz so that's a bonus. Dude should have retired years ago.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:57 am
  • To me, Salk was unlistenable. Iv'e heard Gallant here near H-Town for a few years, and he's light years better than Salk.

When people subbed for Brock there was zero reasons to listen to that show except when Pete was on.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:59 am
  • Salk just sounds like an angry 10 year old who didn't get his way. We get is Salk, you are angry and are never happy, even after WINS. Tom Wassell is also extremely annoying. Hearing him and Stacy complain after every WIN basically the entire season......lame.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:38 am
  • Bottom line is sports radio in the is town is terrible. Especially so after the NFL shuts down.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:44 am
  • HawkerD wrote:Bottom line is sports radio in the is town is terrible. Especially so after the NFL shuts down.

Is that because sports radio is bad, or because we literally have nothing to get excited and talk about because the Mariners are so bad and we don't have a basketball or hockey team to take us into June.

Yet. Sports radio should get more interesting once the hockey team starts playing (and hopefully a basketball team shortly there after once the new arena opens up).
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:31 am
  • I guess he missed out on "the fabulous sports babe".
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:55 am
  • Good pull, she was brutal. Even more annoying than Mitch Levy/Happy Ending
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:25 pm
  • HawkerD wrote:Bottom line is sports radio in the is town is terrible. Especially so after the NFL shuts down.

We all have our opinions, but after spending 13 years listening to Dallas "sports" radio, they could loop the Emergency Broadcast Test 24 hours a day, 7 days a week out here and it would be the sound of Angels on High..

Seriously, it was 5 mins of very low knowledge Cowboy talk, 30 mins of fart jokes, and 25 mins of commercials every hour. That is not hyperbole in any way whatsoever.

And when I say Cowboy talk, I mean that's it. Maybe that's why they are so pissed about the playoffs, and firing coaches. I mean, how do you not make the playoffs when you are the only team in the league!!
    Sgt Largent
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:10 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Salk just sounds like an angry 10 year old who didn't get his way. We get is Salk, you are angry and are never happy, even after WINS. Tom Wassell is also extremely annoying. Hearing him and Stacy complain after every WIN basically the entire season......lame.

So in other words it's like coming in here?
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:25 pm
  • Yeah Gallant is terrible. Constant tries at humour which fall flat but he keeps going with it and it’s just irritating.

I like Danny though.

It’s a shame as I was excited about Salk leaving; I’m even struggling with his podcast. Shouts over Brock who is trying to make a valid football point from his knowledge of playing the game but gets shouted over. His opinion or nothing else.

Anyway I only listen the day after hawks games so I’m not subjected to it much but yeah, it’s not been great.
    Gibbo
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:42 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:I guess he missed out on "the fabulous sports babe".

Pretty sure she eloped with Wayne Cody with New York Vinny as best man.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:42 pm
  • Frankly, I don't care for Clayton and I'll avoid his show.
    I guess we all have different tastes.
    I'd like more Dave Wyman and Brock if I had my druthers.Ex players always have an insight that we fans just don't have.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:55 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:I guess he missed out on "the fabulous sports babe".

They are doing lines with Tony Ventrella.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:59 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:I guess he missed out on "the fabulous sports babe".

They are doing lines with Tony Ventrella.

Doubt there is much left with that bogart!
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:59 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:Frankly, I don't care for Clayton and I'll avoid his show.
    I guess we all have different tastes.
    I'd like more Dave Wyman and Brock if I had my druthers.Ex players always have an insight that we fans just don't have.

Clayton is boring to me, and about 10 years past his expiration date as far as being a legitimate NFL insider with any interesting knowledge or insight into what's going on in the league.

I assume KJR agrees, which is why they only give him two hours a show sporadically.

If we're voting on who's the most annoying voice on radio, it's Tom Wassell for me, he's the worst by a mile. His entire schtick is to be an annoying contrarian. Whatever his co-hosts say, he just says "oh I don't agree!" or "I don't know about that!"

Terrible.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:00 pm
  • I've listened to plenty of other cities and Seattle is spoiled. Our sports radio is very good. I love Brock, Bumpus, Heaps, Wyman etc. I've also talked to Danny privately before a little bit and he's actually a super cool guy and I think he does very well in the morning. Gallant I'm ok with. I really liked Brock and Salk but I'm giving the new show a chance. Danny is more knowledgeable than people give him credit for.
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:27 pm
  • "That guy's the Worst!"

ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:42 pm
  • I listen to Seattle 710 ESPN on an app because the sports radio in Boise sucks unless you want to hear amateurish drivel about Boise State and ANYTHING associated with for 24/7.
    I'm assuming it's the same for Spokane re: Gonzaga and/or WSU.

I know this will irritate some of you but I'm glad the previously mentioned station sticks pretty much to pro sports.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:48 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Salk just sounds like an angry 10 year old who didn't get his way. We get is Salk, you are angry and are never happy, even after WINS. Tom Wassell is also extremely annoying. Hearing him and Stacy complain after every WIN basically the entire season......lame.

To be fair, if Rainbow Dash isn't blowing roses up your butt you will find it too negative.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:20 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Agreed. He tries to be funny but his attempts are futile. I only listen to hear John Clayton's report at 7:15 am. Danny is not much better either but he's better than Gallant.

I don't like them.

Gave up soon after they started.
    Vesuve
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:23 am
  • HawkStrong wrote:Morning show on 710 has taken a huge turn for the worse with Paul and Danny, with Paul being the main culprit. On top of it Paul is the type of guy to go post on the Green Bay subreddit, talking up GB and talking $h!t about the Seahawks.

I assume it's really him

What a dumbsh*t.
    Vesuve
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:39 am
  • TreeRon wrote:I listen to Seattle 710 ESPN on an app because the sports radio in Boise sucks unless you want to hear amateurish drivel about Boise State and ANYTHING associated with for 24/7.
    I'm assuming it's the same for Spokane re: Gonzaga and/or WSU......

Yeah close. When I'm over there visiting family I listen and the local stuff does have some Hawks/Ms talk but mostly Zags and Cougs.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:42 am
  • Vesuve wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:Morning show on 710 has taken a huge turn for the worse with Paul and Danny, with Paul being the main culprit. On top of it Paul is the type of guy to go post on the Green Bay subreddit, talking up GB and talking $h!t about the Seahawks.

I assume it's really him

What a dumbsh*t.

Yes, IF him, he's really dumb actually make that public post.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information