Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quandre for MVP?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Quandre for MVP?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:29 pm
  • Honestly, the eagles game proves that Quandre Diggs has become as important as Bobby to this D. They look completely different with him out there. He’s also a stand up dude. Maybe one of JS’s best grabs. Just want to make sure we give him enough credit. And don’t forget, he knows Lambeau. If we win, it’s because he’s out there. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... green-bay/
    FearTheHawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:06 pm


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:46 pm
  • FearTheHawk wrote:Honestly, the eagles game proves that Quandre Diggs has become as important as Bobby to this D. They look completely different with him out there. He’s also a stand up dude. Maybe one of JS’s best grabs. Just want to make sure we give him enough credit. And don’t forget, he knows Lambeau. If we win, it’s because he’s out there. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... green-bay/


    Been saying it since he started playing here (after his injury). Diggs is the missing piece. I'm not sure I'd say he's singly more important than Wagner, because I wouldn't want to see the defense without him either, but Diggs is definitely a key piece that this defense needs to succeed.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20303
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:47 pm
  • Not gonna argue against Diggs being an extremely important ingredient to our defensive capability. But an equally valid case can be made for other players as well, perhaps even more so for Wagz. Diggs can not win any game by himself and neither can anyone else. That's why I don't think all that highly of MVP awards. Winning requires a TEAM effort.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 505
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:58 pm
  • Bobby
    Clowney
    Diggs

    Those are our three defensive MVP's, and you can put them in any order you want and I wouldn't argue. But yes, certainly Diggs at FS changes our entire scheme and makes everyone better.

    He also brings some toughness, physicality and grit to our defensive backfield, something we were sorely missing.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16424
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:00 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Bobby
    Clowney
    Diggs

    Those are our three defensive MVP's, and you can put them in any order you want and I wouldn't argue. But yes, certainly Diggs at FS changes our entire scheme and makes everyone better.

    He also brings some toughness, physicality and grit to our defensive backfield, something we were sorely missing.


    I pretty much see it as those three as well. One for each third of the Defense. Lose any one of the three and the defense drops more dramatically than when we lose other players.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20303
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:43 pm
  • My understanding is that he is signed through next season (2020) and the following (2021). At about $5M/yr that will be a bargain.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 958
    Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Covington WA


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:55 pm
  • I believe that is correct HawkerD.
    One other important thing about Diggs to note is that his presence turns loose the mighty McDougald to do what he is so good at. His stats vs Philly were in the awesome category.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 505
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:05 pm
  • HawkerD wrote:My understanding is that he is signed through next season (2020) and the following (2021). At about $5M/yr that will be a bargain.


    To be precise, he's $5 million plus 2 $100k bonuses for 2020 and he's $5.35 million plus 2 $100k bonuses for 2021 at which point he'll be an UFA in 2022 and 29 years old.

    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/quandre-diggs-16926/
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20303
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:08 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    HawkerD wrote:My understanding is that he is signed through next season (2020) and the following (2021). At about $5M/yr that will be a bargain.


    To be precise, he's $5 million plus 2 $100k bonuses for 2020 and he's $5.35 million plus 2 $100k bonuses for 2021 at which point he'll be an UFA in 2022 and 29 years old.

    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/quandre-diggs-16926/


    What this really means is we've got Diggs for cheap next year, and don't have to worry about his contract until next off season at the earliest..........and that's only if he balls out next season.

    It's about as good as the contract scenario can be for us with Diggs.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16424
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:17 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    FearTheHawk wrote:Honestly, the eagles game proves that Quandre Diggs has become as important as Bobby to this D. They look completely different with him out there. He’s also a stand up dude. Maybe one of JS’s best grabs. Just want to make sure we give him enough credit. And don’t forget, he knows Lambeau. If we win, it’s because he’s out there. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... green-bay/


    Been saying it since he started playing here (after his injury). Diggs is the missing piece. I'm not sure I'd say he's singly more important than Wagner, because I wouldn't want to see the defense without him either, but Diggs is definitely a key piece that this defense needs to succeed.

    Diggs absolutely does cover the asses of the Linebackers, his presents allows Bobby Wagner & KJ Wright the freedom to cover the intermediate, knowing that most everything going on behind them is fairly well covered.....This is how TEAMWORK is suppose to work.
    Get that boy signed to a longer contract Schneider.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7233
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    FearTheHawk wrote:Honestly, the eagles game proves that Quandre Diggs has become as important as Bobby to this D. They look completely different with him out there. He’s also a stand up dude. Maybe one of JS’s best grabs. Just want to make sure we give him enough credit. And don’t forget, he knows Lambeau. If we win, it’s because he’s out there. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... green-bay/


    Been saying it since he started playing here (after his injury). Diggs is the missing piece. I'm not sure I'd say he's singly more important than Wagner, because I wouldn't want to see the defense without him either, but Diggs is definitely a key piece that this defense needs to succeed.

    Diggs absolutely does cover the asses of the Linebackers, his presents allows Bobby Wagner & KJ Wright the freedom to cover the intermediate, knowing that most everything going on behind them is fairly well covered.....This is how TEAMWORK is suppose to work.
    Get that boy signed to a longer contract Schneider.


    That's the beauty (See above posts) he's already signed through 2021.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20303
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:47 am
  • Thank you, Matt Patricia and the Lions!!
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2864
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:03 am
  • Too bad Flowers plays for our opponent each week; otherwise, I think our D could actually be among the better ones in the league with guys like Jefferson, Green, Wright, Griffin, Jefferson, Reed, Ford, and McDougald complementing Wags, Diggs, and Clowney. Ansah also perhaps but he seems to be playing sub-100% due to injuries.
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 935
    Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 7:52 pm


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:23 am
  • Ruminator wrote:Too bad Flowers plays for our opponent each week; otherwise, I think our D could actually be among the better ones in the league with guys like Jefferson, Green, Wright, Griffin, Jefferson, Reed, Ford, and McDougald complementing Wags, Diggs, and Clowney. Ansah also perhaps but he seems to be playing sub-100% due to injuries.


    My pipe dream is that we make a play for Darius Slay (hey that rhymed) in the off season.

    - He's on the final year of his deal in 2020, and will be looking for a big extension
    - He's not happy in Detroit
    - He's best friends with Quandre

    While our track record isn't good bringing in veteran corners, we also have never brought in an ELITE veteran corner, they've all been over the hill burnouts that haven't worked.

    Bottom line for me, I'd be just fine with using one of our 2nd rounders to trade for Slay and give him an extension to REALLY upgrade the CB position. We're in a SB window, I'm not OK with waiting another 2-3 years to see if Flowers improves.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16424
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:27 am
  • Hell yes. Slay on this team? That would be a huge addition. He's a baller. In fact, I would move Shaq back to the other side.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14813
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:28 am
  • Sung to the tune of Dire Straits "Money for Nothin'" I want my, I want my M V P
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 19664
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:09 am
  • PPG wise I think we're 5-7 points better with Diggs in the lineup? There could a number of other factors playing into this but that's incredible and rarely seen. He's been so important for us.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3714
    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:05 pm


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:37 am
  • Quandre Diggs impact on the process of rebuilding the defensive backfield has been a joy to behold.

    Pete and John have been masterful. 1st they bring in veteran Bradley McDougald to put out a fire and settle things down. Then they bring in veteran Quandre Diggs to restore the backfield to the flavor and schemes with which it's most comfortable.

    Clearly Pete and John know what they are doing in using all avenues of team building to find the fits they are looking for.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9418
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:29 am
  • With you there Jville. I find it interesting their evaluation process for drafting weights "fit" very highly, maybe equal even anything else. Still trying to figure out the high rating for Collier, but they right more often than not.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 505
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


Re: Quandre for MVP?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:11 pm
  • austinslater25 wrote:PPG wise I think we're 5-7 points better with Diggs in the lineup? There could a number of other factors playing into this but that's incredible and rarely seen. He's been so important for us.


    Yes, almost a touchdown PPG difference with Diggs.

    For a statistic that accounts for opponent strength and more, in the now 6 games played with Diggs the defensive efficiency (DVOA)according to Football Outsiders is about -10.1% versus +9.6% without him. This is the difference between the Seahawk defense trending about #7 in the league with Diggs versus #23 without Diggs.

    Tamerlane
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 38
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:30 pm




It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online