Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread (Hawks @ Packers)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
EARLY EDITION!

Let me be perfectly honest. I had totally planned on bumming 12's out with my prediction of a loss this Sunday. After all, it's Lambeau Field. You know, that place that holds some crazy hold on our team? We haven't won there since 1999. "We want the ball and we're gonna score" was wonderful bravado and made for excellent media recycling over the years given the painful outcome.

I've said it before and I will say it again. The 2019 Packers are the worst 13-3 team I have ever seen. Still, we are talking about Aaron Rodgers and Lambeau Field. Neither to take lightly. Yet, here I am am on a rainy Monday, thinking, "You know what? I think the Seahawks have got this." Warts and all. The 2019 Seahawks are an enigma. Perfectly capable of winning any game, and perfectly capable of losing any game.

But somehow, I am choosing the Seahawks to pull this one out of their hat of magic. Why? One, Russell Wilson. Two, these flawed boys, say what you want, are 8-1 on the road this year and there's no other team in the NFL that can say that.

It won't be easy, and will be another heart attack game, but daggum, I have these stupendously weird Seahawks beating the Packers and advancing to the NFC Championship game.

Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Packers 21

Aros' Fearless Playoff Record: 1-0

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
……"Daggum"....there is a word I haven't heard in a long, long time. That said, it is appropriate for this Hawks-Packers game. One word that is not appropriate to use describing the Hawks is ….."polished". Never-the-less, I, too, feel that the Hawks have a fighting chance to play even with the Packers......and win in the last minute.
I never will forget the game where we got a big "head start" on them and then we stunk up the place for three quarters. Not this year......we should win 20-17.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":b0vh7oqw said:
EARLY EDITION!

Let me be perfectly honest. I had totally planned on bumming 12's out with my prediction of a loss this Sunday. After all, it's Lambeau Field. You know, that place that holds some crazy hold on our team? We haven't won there since 1999. "We want the ball and we're gonna score" was wonderful bravado and made for excellent media recycling over the years given the painful outcome.

I've said it before and I will say it again. The 2019 Packers are the worst 13-3 team I have ever seen. Still, we are talking about Aaron Rodgers and Lambeau Field. Neither to take lightly. Yet, here I am am on a rainy Monday, thinking, "You know what? I think the Seahawks have got this." Warts and all. The 2019 Seahawks are an enigma. Perfectly capable of winning any game, and perfectly capable of losing any game.

But somehow, I am choosing the Seahawks to pull this one out of their hat of magic. Why? One, Russell Wilson. Two, these flawed boys, say what you want, are 8-1 on the road this year and there's no other team in the NFL that can say that.

It won't be easy, and will be another heart attack game, but daggum, I have these stupendously weird Seahawks beating the Packers and advancing to the NFC Championship game.

Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Packers 21

Aros' Fearless Playoff Record: 1-0
Yaaaaaaassss!

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm not certain of victory, as the Hawks are certainly capable of coming out and laying a stinker, but I am always quite unimpressed with the Packers.

I think the 9ers matchup would give the Hawks a chance because of divisional familiarity and both games have been close this year. The Packers matchup feels like one the Hawks could run away with, though I'm not sure they do.

Uhearditherefirst

Reaction score
Only thing to worry about here is how well Hawks handle the cold weather. I believe eagles have better d than Packers especially vs the run. Detroit gashed their interior line and edge and blough avoid pressure and hit alot of wide open targets. Feel our offense will move the ball well and could see dk and locket having big day. If defense comes up with decent performance getting to Rodgers Hawks win 27-20

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
31 degrees for the high and light snow in the forecast. It'll be cooler than that come game time I imagine. I'm feeling some turnovers in another low scoring game. Hawks 14-10

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I’m feeling the playoff spirit! I picking Hawks and Hawks comfortably! There is unfinished business as Beastmode says! Packer going to get Packed!!!

Hawks 31
Packers 10

Playoff record 1-0

Uhearditherefirst

Reaction score
Feel I must add before anyone says Green Bay is used to the cold and snowy weather so they will handle condition better. I believe Aaron Rodgers and farve both said that their players are not from Green Bay so it effects them just as much. Only advantage they might have would be practicing in it leading up to game. Just read also that a sickness of some kind is spreading thru them. Flu maybe?

Chawker

Reaction score
I haven't kept up tabs on the packers this season, maybe a little homework is required here first.

On paper both teams are evenly matched up. By my professional opinion, Seahawks have the overall edge. The three area the packers mite have a edge on us is, home field, TE, and defensive secondary. But comming off a outstanding performance against the iggles, we held them without a touchdown is a clear message that we ain't messing around. To make it to the superbowl it takes a good defense, its time to turn the boys loose.

Seahawks 23

Lackers 12

13-4 :beach:

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1055pjgu said:
……"Daggum"....there is a word I haven't heard in a long, long time. That said, it is appropriate for this Hawks-Packers game. One word that is not appropriate to use describing the Hawks is ….."polished". Never-the-less, I, too, feel that the Hawks have a fighting chance to play even with the Packers......and win in the last minute.
I never will forget the game where we got a big "head start" on them and then we stunk up the place for three quarters. Not this year......we should win 20-17.

I too like the " Daggum " word. Kinda makes me want to say Wee Doggie. As in " I think we take this game 23 - 20. Aaron Rogers gets to have another pissy press conference after a playoff loss to the Hawks. Wee Doggie its gonna be a good night ! "

Uhearditherefirst

Reaction score
Also like the daggum. My dad used to say that instead of swearing. He would always say daggum or dang nabit.Thanks for the flashback

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":zkx3tamg said:

I hope you're right! Now, Seahawkfan80 mentioned this game somewhere, I believe (I can't find it). Was it when we were up 14-0 after a very short time in the first quarter (they had turnover(s?)), then it started snowing progressively harder, and we got totally walloped? I think Seahawkfan80 mentioned the year, not sure.

davidonmi

Reaction score
This game comes down to the very end for me. 30-27. My heart says Seahawks but my head says it goes to the home team.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
My gut says Seahawks Win. This is the game they DOMINATE this year.

35 Seahawks
8 Fudgepackers

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Obviously a VERY tough place for any team to win a playoff game on the road, not just the Hawks.
I have a feeling this game could be an all time classic, down to the wire. Russ proving at the end that he is the better QB at this point. And the thought of seeing that smug look knocked of Rodgers' face...…….priceless.

Hawks 23-20 in a game that starts cold but ends with some snow in the 2nd half. Packers miss a long FG to attempt tying it up in regulation. We all lose our minds...…...in a good way :irishdrinkers:

Largent80

Reaction score
Hawks match up pretty good with them.

Their secondary is giving up over 12 yards per pass attempt. Bad news for them with RW at the helm.

Hawks win.

Mindsink

Reaction score
The Lambeau mystique is a myth.

Packers home playoff record:

1967-2001: 9-0
since : 4-4
w/Rodgers : 3-2

I feel Seattle is more battle tested than GB is, and also I think our players are playing with a bigger chip on their shoulder.

Would not surprise me at all if we throttle them the way the 49ers did.

31-17 Seahawks

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Packers are well rested. Rodgers could have big day.
We could struggle in the cold. Hope I'm wrong.

Packers 27
Seahawks 10