Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Salty Eagles Fan...

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Salty Eagles Fan...
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:49 pm
  • My saltiness has diminished and I apologize for any out of character comments I have made or images I attached that may have sprung up some ill past memories.

When you put in much time and energy into a football team just to have the QB who seems to be cursed go down on a freak play, it stings your soul...

Good luck on Sunday night. I hope that it snows...I love a snow playoff game...

Sincerely,

ClippedBird

BTW...I loved this dude when I was a young buck in the 80s...

ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Salty Eagles Fan...
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:01 pm
  • sorry but typical trash eagles fan. I live in PA and know many of them and am just tired of it. cry, cry, cry, and then push, push, push, and then throw your hands in the air like you did nothing. be proud, you lived up to your terrible fanbase so don't back peddle now. and why even come to seahawks board in the first place?
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:09 pm
  • The guy came to say he's sorry. Stay classy as well guys.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:12 pm
  • I understand your frustration but it was not a dirty play. Seattle was the better team so you might want to consider that before throwing shade on Clowney for doing his job. 7 sacks for Seattle 7 when were getting to the QB like that were one if the best teams in the league.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:12 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:The guy came to say he's sorry. Stay classy as well guys.

Ummm.....would we need to "get" classy first?

I'm guessing he wears panties. :mrgreen:

That said....Curt Warner is my #1 all time favorite Seahawk RB!! 8)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:14 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:My saltiness has diminished and I apologize for any out of character comments I have made or images I attached that may have sprung up some ill past memories.

When you put in much time and energy into a football team just to have the QB who seems to be cursed go down on a freak play, it stings your soul...

Sincerely,

ClippedBird

No harm, no foul. Good luck next year, and tell Carson: "SLIDE! This isn't college ball where you're bigger than everyone else! So SLIDE!"
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:25 pm

Actually, he came here to talk $h!t after his team lost, and to rub the end of our most recent Super Bowl appearance in our faces even though that had nothing whatsoever to do with anything he, or we, were talking about. And he did it in multiple threads.

Classy indeed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:50 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:My saltiness has diminished and I apologize for any out of character comments I have made or images I attached that may have sprung up some ill past memories.

Sincerely,

ClippedBird

Of course it stings your soul, that's where the name "fan" come from: fanatic.

We all live and die with our team, human nature.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:03 pm
  • When the QB is taken out, fans are going to get salty about it. From a fan perspective, there is no "fair" QB hit that results in that. The refs decided the no-call, which wasn't on the player either.

Who gets to be in the playoffs in the first place is also fraught with fortune.

If those brutal facemask calls hadn't been called on Detroit in favor of Green Bay, Detroit would have catapulted to the top of their division. Do they then trade Diggs a week later? Doubt it. Does Seattle end 11-5? Doubt it.

If the Patriots had just beat the Dolphins, they wouldn't have played this week and would still be in it.

It's an elimination tournament at the end, and this will always seem unfair. It is only when really unfair calls seem to happen that favor one team that it becomes a parity problem.

Look guys. Detroit has been flagrantly jobbed by refs in favor of another specific team--Green Bay--at least three times since 2015. Two in fact for phantom facemasks.

Said refs aren't blatant with us. In fact, people perceive we're one of those teams refs favor. It still advantages us to learn and change from those calls that went our way but clearly could have gone another way. Had Clowney's head been up just a little more, this becomes a JJones vs Josh Allen call. Unfortunate, but you could see Jones turning his head, and that removed much of the ambiguity.

I
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:09 pm

Absolutely
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:11 pm
  • God forgives...seahawk.net doesn't...

Meh who cares...there was a Pat's fan that used to come around that was way more idiotic...because he actually believed what he spewed. It's amazing this place attracts fans from other teams. Must be a good place.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:13 pm
  • classicaaron wrote:sorry but typical trash eagles fan. I live in PA and know many of them and am just tired of it. cry, cry, cry, and then push, push, push, and then throw your hands in the air like you did nothing. be proud, you lived up to your terrible fanbase so don't back peddle now. and why even come to seahawks board in the first place?

I'm not defending Eagle's fans, but we'd be pretty damn salty right now if we lost because Russell was knocked out of the game yesterday with the hit Wentz took.

Hell, we get salty after wins about how we won. Can't imagine how on fire this place would be if that's how our season ended.

Now all the death threats, petitions trying to get Clowney kicked out of the league, etc? That's obviously too far and utterly ridiculous.

But salt away Eagle fan, I get it.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:13 pm
  • I'll accept the apology when I hear acknowledgement that it wasn't Wentz going out that lost the game for Philly, but Philly's terrible secondary.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:24 pm
  • There's being salty, and there is what he was doing. He just went and on, all while making excuses, not even acknowledging that the Hawks dominated BOTH games, regardless of the score. Let alone even just giving the Hawks credit. And then calling Clowney a dirty player and basically wishing injury on him. And to put a little icing on it, he posted pics of the 49 interception. Yeah, super classy. And what in the world does that have to do with Yesterday?????
    But oh well, on we go to Sunday. It's a message board, not life.

Go Hawks
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:25 pm
  • Good luck dude...
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:32 pm
  • Remember one thing, the Hawks beat your team last game by the same margin when Wentz played the whole game and we weren't on our 4th string RB and backup LT and LG. Kind of a wash. The better team won.
    Wentz seems like a great kid and has the tools. Love your HC.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:37 pm
  • Can we remove all of his post but the pic of Curt Warner?
    All world jump cut until that knee injury.
    Lynch will always be my favorite Seattle RB but up until that point Warner was tops.

Anyways, sayonara salty eagles fan. It was bad luck Wentz got injured but some of it is his fault for trying to make so much from nothing. Dude needs some lessons in self perservation. Wilson is a master of extending plays and not getting killed.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Sincerely,

ClippedBird

Since you brought it up in my Takeaways thread, I thought I would at least bring attention to #12, where I do pay respect to McCown and Ertz giving it their all when Ertz arguably shouldn't even have been out there. Blood in the urine after the Cowboys game, good grief. Mad respect.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:37 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:There's being salty, and there is what he was doing. He just went and on, all while making excuses, not even acknowledging that the Hawks dominated BOTH games, regardless of the score. Let alone even just giving the Hawks credit. And then calling Clowney a dirty player and basically wishing injury on him. And to put a little icing on it, he posted pics of the 49 interception. Yeah, super classy. And what in the world does that have to do with Yesterday?????
    But oh well, on we go to Sunday. It's a message board, not life.

Go Hawks

Soulfish, you have every right to call my behavior childish and unwarranted. Looking back at this morning, the pics of 49 and Rodgers were not nice and for that I am sorry. You all deserve better than that. After all it is not life and is just a game.

This board is actually one of the better boards I have been on and for that I commend you and the other posters alike.

In the end, the Hawks were far superior and PC owns Doug P. Doug P. gets mind fuked when playing Seattle. Our offense all of a sudden has no clue what to do and becomes very predictable. I congratulate the Seattle Seahawks and all of their fans for the hard fought battle yesterday. Wild-Card weekend was very entertaining this year. Good luck on Sunday night.

BTW. I never wished ill will on Clowney. I only stated Karma would get involved and only time will tell its tale with that since that is out of my control. Only Clowney knows if that was intentional or not and I doubt that he would ever say that it was. Since he has only been fined once in his brief career I will give DC the benefit of the doubt.

Oh...I also used to look up to this guy and mimik him on the field.

ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:39 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    ClippedBird wrote:My saltiness has diminished and I apologize for any out of character comments I have made or images I attached that may have sprung up some ill past memories.

Sincerely,

ClippedBird

Since you brought it up in my Takeaways thread, I thought I would at least bring attention to #12, where I do pay respect to McCown and Ertz giving it their all when Ertz arguably shouldn't even have been out there. Blood in the urine after the Cowboys game, good grief. Mad respect.

Sorry about hijacking your creative and intelligent Takeaway thread with my image.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:42 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:Can we remove all of his post but the pic of Curt Warner?
    All world jump cut until that knee injury.
    Lynch will always be my favorite Seattle RB but up until that point Warner was tops.

Anyways, sayonara salty eagles fan. It was bad luck Wentz got injured but some of it is his fault for trying to make so much from nothing. Dude needs some lessons in self perservation. Wilson is a master of extending plays and not getting killed.

He sure does Mad Dog. Dude is constantly putting himself in harms way and pays the price almost every year thus far. Either he is not smart or thinks that his is Vince Papale. Best of luck in the Divisional Round Mad Dog.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:44 pm
  • Dude, I'd never complain about an image of Curt Warner.

Here, have an image of your franchise's finest moment:

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:46 pm
  • classicaaron wrote:sorry but typical trash eagles fan. I live in PA and know many of them and am just tired of it. cry, cry, cry, and then push, push, push, and then throw your hands in the air like you did nothing. be proud, you lived up to your terrible fanbase so don't back peddle now. and why even come to seahawks board in the first place?

Sorry ClassicAAron for offfending you. I reacted childlike and let emotions top civility. I came to the boards for a few reasons. To vent my frustrations, get the fans take on the hit and to gather some insight to the knowledge of the fans.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:56 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:I'll accept the apology when I hear acknowledgement that it wasn't Wentz going out that lost the game for Philly, but Philly's terrible secondary.

Seattle is the better team, with or without 11. Imagine for a moment if Russell was drafted in 2016, took his bumps the first year, had an MVP season the next only to get hurt in the last quarter of the season and then watch from afar as Foles wins it all, come back in 18 just to break his back in the middle of the season and miss the playoffs again, play the entire 19 season with no injuries just to get hurt on that play in his FIRST playoff game in the first quarter. Do you see what I am saying? I do not think we lost because 11 was knocked out early. I am just frustrated because he lost irreplaceable playoff experience.

Do I think we would have won if 11 was in the entire game? Who knows but I can tell you this. CW gives us a h3ll of a better shot than 40 year old Josh, Kudos to Josh though. He gave it his all.
    Last edited by ClippedBird on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:56 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:
    classicaaron wrote:sorry but typical trash eagles fan. I live in PA and know many of them and am just tired of it. cry, cry, cry, and then push, push, push, and then throw your hands in the air like you did nothing. be proud, you lived up to your terrible fanbase so don't back peddle now. and why even come to seahawks board in the first place?

Sorry ClassicAAron for offfending you. I reacted childlike and let emotions top civility. I came to the boards for a few reasons. To vent my frustrations, get the fans take on the hit and to gather some insight to the knowledge of the fans.
    ClipperBird you hijacked my last tread, you must be from Jersey.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    CHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:59 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Dude, I'd never complain about an image of Curt Warner.

Here, have an image of your franchise's finest moment:

What a game and play that was.
    You are a class act Montana. i now feel like a real arshole. :(...
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:01 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:The guy came to say he's sorry. Stay classy as well guys.

Actually, he came here to talk $h!t after his team lost, and to rub the end of our most recent Super Bowl appearance in our faces even though that had nothing whatsoever to do with anything he, or we, were talking about. And he did it in multiple threads.

Classy indeed.

Sorry for the uncalled behavior.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:50 pm
  • ClippedBird, I don't blame you for being salty. And certainly there's no rules about opposing fans posting here.

What I've observed, however, is that opposing fans who come in with a lot of stats, a lot of Xs and Os, to back up their arguments do much better on opponent boards. Take @deagle7 who started the "Ask an Eagles Fan" thread. Very detailed.

Another poster, a 49er fan, opined today that not only was the Clowney hit dirty, but he should have been DQ'ed. He gets to do that because he's been posting detailed analysis of his team for years now while trying to stay out of slapfights. It's a higher barrier for opposing fans, but it is everywhere. This place is actually more friendly about that. Imagine if you'd gone to a Dallas board after losing to them; my guess is they'd be eating your internal organs by now.

So ya, thanks for tuning it down, and it's all good. And as we'll see each other again, I hope you'll join us in the NFL Nation forum to discuss then. There's a dedicated group of 49er fans (Popeye, Marvin, Rings, Kats, 94Smith among them) who always come with good info to supplement their takes. We have one Rams fan who chimes in there, and over the years. a couple Cards fans. So it'd be great to see fans of more opposing fans bringing not "you suck," but explaining how to them their team is better. I always enjoy reading such posts.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:12 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:ClippedBird,

So ya, thanks for tuning it down, and it's all good. And as we'll see each other again, I hope you'll join us in the NFL Nation forum to discuss then. There's a dedicated group of 49er fans (Popeye, Marvin, Rings, Kats, 94Smith among them) who always come with good info to supplement their takes. We have one Rams fan who chimes in there, and over the years. a couple Cards fans. So it'd be great to see fans of more opposing fans bringing not "you suck," but explaining how to them their team is better. I always enjoy reading such posts.

Thanks for the kind words. I just checked out the NFL Nation forum. Good stuff. I will get something in there about the other Bird. :)
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:47 pm
  • I am laughing, Salty Eagles fan title, we win and this board is at the Salt lick refilling to give impressions on how we were lucky, should not be here, are going to lose every week in some way or another.

A fan from any other team coming in and attempting to trash talk be salty or anything is a lot like someone shooting bullets at Superman, we bathe each other in Kryptonite to toughen each other up I assume these days.

But Kudos for coming back and Apologizing, moves like that give you respect and credibility for future visits, we have several fans that we enjoy bantering with, hope you can become one.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:50 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:The guy came to say he's sorry. Stay classy as well guys.

Ummm.....would we need to "get" classy first?

I'm guessing he wears panties. :mrgreen:

That said....Curt Warner is my #1 all time favorite Seahawk RB!! 8)

He's not man enough to wear panties.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:02 am
  • All good Clipped, thx for coming back in there and acknowledging "stuff"
    Life's too short to stay angry. For me, 49 is a sore subject as I was at the game and saw that play happen right in front of me. I don't need a photo to remind of me the moment that made me more angry than any time watching the Hawks since 76. And hey, it's just a message board. A little back and forth once in awhile is a blast. All part of it and getting fired up for games. I suspect future games with the Eagles will be great battles.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:39 am

Lmao, he is coming here to be with like-minded people. You have most accurately described about three quarters of the people on this board.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:34 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    classicaaron wrote:sorry but typical trash eagles fan. I live in PA and know many of them and am just tired of it. cry, cry, cry, and then push, push, push, and then throw your hands in the air like you did nothing. be proud, you lived up to your terrible fanbase so don't back peddle now. and why even come to seahawks board in the first place?

I'm not defending Eagle's fans, but we'd be pretty damn salty right now if we lost because Russell was knocked out of the game yesterday with the hit Wentz took.

Hell, we get salty after wins about how we won. Can't imagine how on fire this place would be if that's how our season ended.

Now all the death threats, petitions trying to get Clowney kicked out of the league, etc? That's obviously too far and utterly ridiculous.

But salt away Eagle fan, I get it.

Damn right I / we would!!

But I'd be all over the refs as that was a penalty they missed and nothing more and surely not an intentional dirty hit and there is no history of being a dirty player. That crap being slinged by the Philly trash fans is not something I care not to look past...period. Especially since he came to our board with his BS (climbs to the top of the mountain and pounds chest) :177692:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:52 am
  • Penalty? Sure. Dirty hit? Absolutely not.
    So IF they called it, so what?? The Eagles scored all of ONE touchdown TOTAL in 2 games, and that was a garbage time TD. Hawks dominated them WITH Wentz and WITHOUT Wentz.
    It would have had zero impact on the game. It's no worse than the non call on the OBVIOUS offsides that killed a drive and made the Hawks settle for 3. Or that Offensive PI on Hollister? :pukeface:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:24 pm
  • Soulfish, this is irrelevant. No one now knows how Wentz would have done in that particular game if he finished. All people know is that Wentz led a four-game winning streak with PSquadders and aim. Would he have continued that? Or tanked miserably? We will never know.

If all else had happened exactly as it did, and the result of Clowney's hit had resulted in an unconscious Wentz on the field with 35 million people watching, the refs would have thrown the flag even though nothing else was different.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:27 pm
  • Fair enough. But I'm of the opinion that the Hawks beat that team regardless who was under center. They outplayed them in both games. The score doesn't come close to showing how much the Hawks were in control of those games.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:44 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Fair enough. But I'm of the opinion that the Hawks beat that team regardless who was under center. They outplayed them in both games. The score doesn't come close to showing how much the Hawks were in control of those games.

Hey Soulfish. In control yes but still only down by a score. The Eagles had a top 10 RZ TD percentage this year. The Eagles were 8 and the Hawks 9. The Hawks were 19th in RZ TD defense. . 40 year old Josh McCown with a torn hamstring was moving the ball down the field. I like our chances with Carson in the RZ. Good luck on Sunday.

Be sure to cover this dude...

ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:50 pm
  • Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information