Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Packers game tougher than possible NFC Championship?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • I just keep thinking if they can win this coming week I really like our chances in the championship. They either play the Vikings which they already beat and I don't think are all that great. Plus Cousins chokes a lot and it will be a home game. Most likely though the niners win and I still like playing the niners. A division game is always winnable, albeit also losable (like the cardinals), but they were an inch away from being 2-0 against them.

    No game is easy at this point but I think going into Greenbay and playing Rodgers is a tougher matchup then any possible Niners or Vikings game they would have to play after it. Not trying to get ahead of myself as I think this week will be a slight miracle with no running game but im already dreaming of the possibilities.
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 175
    Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:20 pm


  • Considering we have lost 8 straight in Lambeau, I think this is as tough as it gets for us. We always seem to play like crap there.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 9471
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:19 am
    Location: Blue Springs, Missouri


  • all the games are gonna be tough. this GB game is extremely difficult. if somehow it ends up Min at Sea I would feel pretty good.
    JonRud
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1347
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:58 pm
    Location: NJ


  • Tough game, but the Hawks have a VERY good chance. The Packers are pretty overrated imo.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15504
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Let's not forget that the Mighty Seahawks were one bad non-call and/or one bad spot and/or one clock mis-management by the refs (all at the end of week 17) from being the #1 seed in the NFL. Despite the injuries, which we had more for that game than we have going into this one AFAIK. So let us not be too under-confident for the cheeze-whiz-heads game. The only thing we need to fear, are the refs themselves. As FDR once almost said.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 7452
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


  • Unfortunately, going up against Lord Rodgers, you flat out HAVE TO expect to play against the refs. Fortunately, this team has done a good job at playing thru that crap. Even if it's ridiculous some of the stuff that gets called.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15504
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • The Packers is a community owned team. Cheeseheads there do what they can to keep season tickets. Everyone works for the ACME packing company.
    You can spot the local referrees by their moldy yellow flags.
    We're likely to see a bunch thrown our way. Some with bits of limburger still clinging on.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:31 am


  • JonRud wrote:all the games are gonna be tough. this GB game is extremely difficult. if somehow it ends up Min at Sea I would feel pretty good.

    This.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 29541
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • GeekHawk wrote:Let's not forget that the Mighty Seahawks were one bad non-call and/or one bad spot and/or one clock mis-management by the refs (all at the end of week 17) from being the #1 seed in the NFL. Despite the injuries, which we had more for that game than we have going into this one AFAIK. So let us not be too under-confident for the cheeze-whiz-heads game. The only thing we need to fear, are the refs themselves. As FDR once almost said.


    I don't believe this is accurate. If we had beaten San Fransisco, we would have only earned the three seed due to Green Bay and New Orleans victories in week 17.
    Eamon696
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 121
    Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:57 pm
    Location: Vermont


  • GeekHawk wrote:Let's not forget that the Mighty Seahawks were one bad non-call and/or one bad spot and/or one clock mis-management by the refs (all at the end of week 17) from being the #1 seed in the NFL. Despite the injuries, which we had more for that game than we have going into this one AFAIK. So let us not be too under-confident for the cheeze-whiz-heads game. The only thing we need to fear, are the refs themselves. As FDR once almost said.


    No we were all those things and a laid egg against Arizona from the 1 seed.

    In the end I think being the 5 seed was better than the 3 seed so it worked out. Ask NO fans how that 3 seed worked for them. If anything the debacle at the end of the SF-SEA game hurt them more than anyone.

    Currently we are essentially back to being the 3 seed. So everything is fine. After Arizona that was the best we could hope for. And here it is.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1807
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 am


  • I am very optimistic for this game. Yes, it is in GB, however GB has only beat 2 teams with a winning record. Vikings and chiefs...
    Hawksfan78
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 359
    Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:13 am


  • It's in GB, but I honestly viewed the Packers as a weaker playoff team than the 9ers, Saints, and Seahawks. Just barely better than the Vikings and only then because I have no respect for Cousins.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 107408
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 pm


  • I forgot about that AZ game... thankfully! However, the main point stands in that we're right up there with the best in the NFC even when injury-riddled, so this game shouldn't be one to fear. Except for the refs, we should fear the refs.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 7452
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


  • Green Bay is truly a shadow of their former selves.

    That said we aren't that good. Do we really have a chance here? If we do it's only because of Russell Wilson. I'm not that optimistic about this game. I love my Seahawks though and know just having Wilson alone can be enough. I just do not have faith in our D, like much at all. :pukeface:

    And we will be playing the refs; call me a conspiracy theorist, but come on, all the big market teams that got knocked out on wildcard weekend? The NFL is gonna be nervous. I'm certain Goodhell wants to see a GB/SF championship, that way at least one BIG fanbase NFC team is guaranteed to represent the NFC. I know, the NFL would never steer a game right?

    Image

    :34853_doh:

    I'll be watching, I'll be praying, but is there really hope? :snack:
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5336
    Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:43 pm
    Location: Port Hadlock, WA


  • SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
    Green Bay is truly a shadow of their former selves.


    That said we aren't that good. Do we really have a chance here? If we do it's only because of Russell Wilson. I'm not that optimistic about this game. I love my Seahawks though and know just having Wilson alone can be enough. I just do not have faith in our D, like much at all. :pukeface:

    And we will be playing the refs; call me a conspiracy theorist, but come on, all the big market teams that got knocked out on wildcard weekend? The NFL is gonna be nervous. I'm certain Goodhell wants to see a GB/SF championship, that way at least one BIG fanbase NFC team is guaranteed to represent the NFC. I know, the NFL would never steer a game right?

    Image

    :34853_doh:

    I'll be watching, I'll be praying, but is there really hope? :snack:


    I'm not sure about this... GB is not the passing attack team they were a few years ago... But I think they are built better now for a playoff run: Strong rush offense and a defense that can apply pressure and get off the field in the 4th quarter..

    As far as the refs being an excuse, A Seahawks fan is the LAST person who should be discussing the refs giving a team a win...
    ptisme
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 831
    Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:22 am


  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    JonRud wrote:all the games are gonna be tough. this GB game is extremely difficult. if somehow it ends up Min at Sea I would feel pretty good.

    This.


    Minnesota at home over SF on the road for sure. But I also feel SF easier than GB for us. If we win Sunday, we are going to SB I think. Biggest problem Sunday is we have to get a pass rush or else we are going to get carved up. That is my biggest concern.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1802
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:02 pm


  • The next game on the schedule is always the toughest and the only thing you need to think about.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1094
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


  • FlyingGreg wrote:Considering we have lost 8 straight in Lambeau, I think this is as tough as it gets for us. We always seem to play like crap there.


    The fact that we have lost 8 straight there gives me more confidence. Clearly we're due for a win there. Those teams were coached by McCarthy as well who always gave us fits. This GB team is not as talented as the one's in the past either. A much younger inexperienced group including the coaching staff. GB has also rattled off 5 straight wins this year to finish. Did I mention they are due for a loss?
    RCATES
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 517
    Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:09 am


  • RCATES wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:Considering we have lost 8 straight in Lambeau, I think this is as tough as it gets for us. We always seem to play like crap there.


    The fact that we have lost 8 straight there gives me more confidence. Clearly we're due for a win there. Those teams were coached by McCarthy as well who always gave us fits. This GB team is not as talented as the one's in the past either. A much younger inexperienced group including the coaching staff. GB has also rattled off 5 straight wins this year to finish. Did I mention they are due for a loss?


    We were "due" for a win against them attempt #5,6,7,8.... we are always going to be due until it happens.

    But, perhaps its this time.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 9471
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:19 am
    Location: Blue Springs, Missouri


  • I can think of a couple of defenders that will study and be very thoroughly prepared for the Packers.



    .... the silver lining on the road is that the ability to communicate makes a big difference for the defense.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9779
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


  • FlyingGreg wrote:Considering we have lost 8 straight in Lambeau, I think this is as tough as it gets for us. We always seem to play like crap there.


    Yup. It's our Kryptonite.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14085
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • We've never matched up well with the Packers through the entire Carroll era.

    Even when we've beat them, it's been by miraculous fashion (NFC Championship and Fail Mary). So while everyone's saying the Packers are weak and this is the easier of the two opponents we could play?

    Idk man.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17217
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • Well maybe the only real hope is that, becuase we've been so scrappy and so good, we've drawn quite a large fanbase out of market too. Maybe the NFL would be happy with a cinderalla wildcard story Champion underdog too? One can only hope. The "BEAST MODE" factor might come into play too. I don't see much outta beast in the grind of the run game, but he can still take goal line shots and make quite a difference there for sure. :mrgreen:
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5336
    Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:43 pm
    Location: Port Hadlock, WA


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:We've never matched up well with the Packers through the entire Carroll era.

    Even when we've beat them, it's been by miraculous fashion (NFC Championship and Fail Mary). So while everyone's saying the Packers are weak and this is the easier of the two opponents we could play?

    Idk man.


    Don't be a Negative Nancy! :141847_bnono: :177692:

    Even if you do have valid points. :34853_doh:

    This game scares me.

    If we win, we do barely in dramatic Seahawk fashion, if we lose, we get our butts kicked up and down Lambeau and blown out. I don't see any other likely outctcomes, and IDK if anyone else does either, so it's not like I'm going out on a limb.

    Oh well, who ever scores the most points will win the game, marker my words! :twisted:

    Please, universe, let it be the Seahawks! :179422:
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5336
    Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:43 pm
    Location: Port Hadlock, WA


  • Hawks are 8-1 on the road, what happened in the past has nothing to do with Sunday. If they play their best game of the year or close to it, they will win.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15504
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:We've never matched up well with the Packers through the entire Carroll era.

    Even when we've beat them, it's been by miraculous fashion (NFC Championship and Fail Mary). So while everyone's saying the Packers are weak and this is the easier of the two opponents we could play?

    Idk man.


    Don't be a Negative Nancy! :141847_bnono: :177692:

    Even if you do have valid points. :34853_doh:

    This game scares me.

    If we win, we do barely in dramatic Seahawk fashion, if we lose, we get our butts kicked up and down Lambeau and blown out. I don't see any other likely outctcomes, and IDK if anyone else does either, so it's not like I'm going out on a limb.

    Oh well, who ever scores the most points will win the game, marker my words! :twisted:

    Please, universe, let it be the Seahawks! :179422:


    Ha........I'm good dude, we've already surpassed my pre-season expectations, so I love our chances this week.

    Packers haven't beaten anyone this year, except the Vikings twice. That's literally the highlight of their inflated record.

    So while I don't like the possibility of what Rodgers can do to our defense if we play base 50% of the time like we did yesterday? I also think Russell and the offense can have a lot of success against an overrated Packer's defense that has only gotten worse and worse as the season's wore on.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17217
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • NJlargent wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    JonRud wrote:all the games are gonna be tough. this GB game is extremely difficult. if somehow it ends up Min at Sea I would feel pretty good.

    This.


    Minnesota at home over SF on the road for sure. But I also feel SF easier than GB for us. If we win Sunday, we are going to SB I think. Biggest problem Sunday is we have to get a pass rush or else we are going to get carved up. That is my biggest concern.

    I agree.. I think SFO is a notch above GB but for some reason Seattle matches up better against them.
    ptisme
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 831
    Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:22 am


  • IF they can keep the pack to 3's instead of touchdowns, they have a VERY good shot.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15504
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I would just like to point out for the first time this season since the opening 4 games the 49ers are healthy. The first game against you, we were missing Kittle (All pro) and WR Sanders was knocked out in the first quarter. In the second game, we were missing DE Dee Ford and SS Tartt.

    For this game against Minnesota, Ford is back, Tartt is back and LB Kwon Alexander is back. We are the "healthiest" we have been all season.

    I would also like to point out that we destroyed GB at home and GB is the worst 13-3 team in the league according to DVOA.

    So, no I don't think the Packers game will be tougher than the NFC championship game unless we lose. Tougher place to play, for sure, but I think we are better than the Packers.

    Good luck at Lambeau.
    94Smith
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 280
    Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:01 am


  • 94Smith wrote:I would just like to point out for the first time this season since the opening 4 games the 49ers are healthy. The first game against you, we were missing Kittle (All pro) and WR Sanders was knocked out in the first quarter. In the second game, we were missing DE Dee Ford and SS Tartt.

    For this game against Minnesota, Ford is back, Tartt is back and LB Kwon Alexander is back. We are the "healthiest" we have been all season.

    I would also like to point out that we destroyed GB at home and GB is the worst 13-3 team in the league according to DVOA.

    So, no I don't think the Packers game will be tougher than the NFC championship game unless we lose. Tougher place to play, for sure, but I think we are better than the Packers.

    Good luck at Lambeau.

    Yeah SFO is better than the Packers.... And I think SFO will have its way with the Vikings offensive line. But I also think the Seahawks matchup well against the niners and they do have trouble with mobile quarterbacks... My hope is GB wins Sunday and the Vikings pull a major upset and come to Lambeau for the NFCCG.... I don't think the Packers could beat the niners out west
    ptisme
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 831
    Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:22 am


  • We can beat GB or anybody as long as we run the tempo changing, quick passing and running, layered attack, and we keep are foot on the pedal. Oh and reduce our penalties.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2848
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:We can beat GB or anybody as long as we run the tempo changing, quick passing and running, layered attack, and we keep are foot on the pedal. Oh and reduce our penalties.



    You just described the exact opposite of what we've seen all year out of this offense.

    Drives me crazy watching this offense try to grind it out taking forever to get the play in not giving Russell enough time to check the play and protection running the playclock down to zero seemingly for 80% of the game.

    That might work against a decimated Eagle's team, but it's not going to work against the better NFC teams like GB that can score 25+ points on our defense.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17217
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Ha........I'm good dude, we've already surpassed my pre-season expectations, so I love our chances this week.

    Packers haven't beaten anyone this year, except the Vikings twice. That's literally the highlight of their inflated record.


    I'd say the same thing about the Seahawks... and I've watched every game. It's a good thing the Rams/49ers FG kickers weren't on that day... because those are the highlights of 11 wins. The other 9 were Bengals, Steelers, Cardinals, Browns, Falcons, Bucs, Eagles, Vikings, Panthers while sporting one of the worst point differentials ever (+7?) for a team that won 11 games.

    They surpassed my preseason expectations too which were 8-8... the same I picked for Atlanta. I'll give Seattle credit where it's due though... W is still a W but I think it's obvious why 538 has the Seahawks at 2% to win the whole thing.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 397
    Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:20 pm
    Location: Renton, WA


  • Green Bay is the toughest game if we can get by that I feel we can beat both of those teams in the championship game no doubt
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3328
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:51 pm


  • SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:We've never matched up well with the Packers through the entire Carroll era.

    Even when we've beat them, it's been by miraculous fashion (NFC Championship and Fail Mary). So while everyone's saying the Packers are weak and this is the easier of the two opponents we could play?

    Idk man.


    Don't be a Negative Nancy! :141847_bnono: :177692:

    Even if you do have valid points. :34853_doh:

    This game scares me.

    If we win, we do barely in dramatic Seahawk fashion, if we lose, we get our butts kicked up and down Lambeau and blown out. I don't see any other likely outctcomes, and IDK if anyone else does either, so it's not like I'm going out on a limb.

    Oh well, who ever scores the most points will win the game, marker my words! :twisted:

    Please, universe, let it be the Seahawks! :179422:


    So the team that got destroyed a few weeks ago by the Niners and needed two ghost calls by the refs to beat a terrible Lions team with their back-up (worst qb in the league) is going to blow us out? Not a chance.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 517
    Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:09 am


  • ptisme wrote:
    NJlargent wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    JonRud wrote:all the games are gonna be tough. this GB game is extremely difficult. if somehow it ends up Min at Sea I would feel pretty good.

    This.


    Minnesota at home over SF on the road for sure. But I also feel SF easier than GB for us. If we win Sunday, we are going to SB I think. Biggest problem Sunday is we have to get a pass rush or else we are going to get carved up. That is my biggest concern.

    I agree.. I think SFO is a notch above GB but for some reason Seattle matches up better against them.


    A notch? More like a 100 yard rope difference. Niners whopped GB up and down the field and won 37-8.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 517
    Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:09 am


  • This is the most beatable version of this team we will have faced there in 2 decades. Their secondary isn't very good. They don't have a Fletcher Cox, and A A Ron isn't the A A Ron of old.

    I don't get the dread or even the reference to the past. Last week a graphic was posted....Birds vs. Birds games in the playoffs. The home team was 10-0....Guess what?...it's 10-1 NOW !!!!!!!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36653
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


  • FalconsFanNW wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Ha........I'm good dude, we've already surpassed my pre-season expectations, so I love our chances this week.

    Packers haven't beaten anyone this year, except the Vikings twice. That's literally the highlight of their inflated record.


    I'd say the same thing about the Seahawks... and I've watched every game. It's a good thing the Rams/49ers FG kickers weren't on that day... because those are the highlights of 11 wins. The other 9 were Bengals, Steelers, Cardinals, Browns, Falcons, Bucs, Eagles, Vikings, Panthers while sporting one of the worst point differentials ever (+7?) for a team that won 11 games.

    They surpassed my preseason expectations too which were 8-8... the same I picked for Atlanta. I'll give Seattle credit where it's due though... W is still a W but I think it's obvious why 538 has the Seahawks at 2% to win the whole thing.


    you know the seahawks kicker missed one in both those games as well..

    if we are going to talk about "luck" it works both ways
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18790
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


  • Packers are 23rd in rush defense. They give up over 12 yards per pass and people are freaking out?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36653
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


  • This kinds of arguments are so stupid. Hawks won because the OTHER team did something wrong. Even if in the same damn game, the Hawks left points on the board.
    Rams game at home, BOTH kickers missed a FG
    Niners road game, Pretty boy throws an EASY game ending pick to KJ that gets dropped......but wait, the Niners kicker missed a FG after that.
    I wonder how many teams in NFL history have had so many people fighting to downplay win after win after win??? It's always because the other team had a back up, or was too injured, and the other team ALMOST won (but didn't) blah blah blah. Because obviously the Hawks are the only team who got to play against backup QB's or teams with a crap record :?
    Why is it so hard to enjoy winning and/or accept that this is a pretty damn good football team?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15504
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • The biggest aspect is they no longer have Matthews taking shots at Wilson.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 31977
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Hawksfan78 wrote:I am very optimistic for this game. Yes, it is in GB, however GB has only beat 2 teams with a winning record. Vikings and chiefs...


    Exactly, they beat a div rival, like arizona or rams beat seahawks, and then look at the injury report for the chiefs game, I honestly wouldn't even say they beat the chiefs, that wasn't the chiefs.

    You say packers have played in and won lots of close games and have a better record?

    "...Including Sunday’s Wild Card victory at Philadelphia, Seattle is 11-2 in games decided by eight points or less. That’s two more wins than any other team in the league. Green Bay is 8-1 in one-score games, including wins over Washington, Chicago and Detroit in December...." https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/pac ... lose-games

    Well, lets see, where was Seattle Sos this year? THE HARDEST

    Well, then, hm, where was GB?



    Edit: Can't timestamp, gotta start at 6 minutes in, total of 4 minutes, it's Cowherd and I know he's polarizing but really suggest you hear him out.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1704
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:22 pm


  • According to some, the Hawks had a gravy schedule and only won most of their games because the other team had Backup QB's and/or too many injuries.
    They are 12-5 (including playoffs) by accident and pure luck, right? :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15504
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Hawksfan78 wrote:I am very optimistic for this game. Yes, it is in GB, however GB has only beat 2 teams with a winning record. Vikings and chiefs...
    i believe the win over the Chiefs was with the Chiefs back up QB also not Mahoney. And that was a one score game I believe also. GB is not world breakers and like Aros has stated the softest 13-3 team ever! I feel very good about the Hawks chances in this game.
    BubbaGump
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 439
    Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 pm


  • Yeah Mahoney wasn't KC's QB because they have nobody with that name on their roster.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36653
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


  • Uncle Si wrote:you know the seahawks kicker missed one in both those games as well..

    if we are going to talk about "luck" it works both ways


    Indeed it does.

    SoulfishHawk wrote:According to some, the Hawks had a gravy schedule and only won most of their games because the other team had Backup QB's and/or too many injuries.
    They are 12-5 (including playoffs) by accident and pure luck, right? :?


    I was just pointing out that this entire thread is about GB being the weakest 13-3 team ever but yet as mentioned above outside of the wins over Rams/SF the Hawks have 9 wins over the Bengals, Steelers, Cardinals, Browns, Falcons, Bucs, Eagles, Vikings, Panthers.

    Did someone just say in this thread that Seattle had the toughest SoS? With those opponents?

    SNDavidson wrote:
    Well, lets see, where was Seattle Sos this year? THE HARDEST




    Oh, here it is.

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019 ... hest-ride/

    That's not what I see there but either way... it happens every year at playoff time. Team(s) get called out for not having played anyone. I remember on one of Atlanta's recent runs hearing the same. You can only play who is on your schedule but IMHO I don't think either Seattle or GB are world beaters. Seattle will go as far as Wilson's magic will take them. GB... I dunno. I haven't watched any of their games this season.

    Good luck on Sunday!
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 397
    Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:20 pm
    Location: Renton, WA


  • Whatever the schedule and strength of it. The Seahawks have the hardest road to hoe being in Seattle and travelling to the East coast for 10 a.m. (pst) games. They were 4-0 in those games and now after a playoff game also in the Eastern zone they are 8-1 for the year on the road. BEST in the NFL.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36653
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


  • Largent80 wrote:Yeah Mahoney wasn't KC's QB because they have nobody with that name on their roster.

    Mahoney? :rofl: Anybody that gots brains knows that KFC's Quarterback name is Mahomey.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7359
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • Sweet Jesus, you play the teams they throw in front of you. Hawks are 12-5 including playoffs. Plenty of teams have so called "easy schedules"
    So what? You either win or you don't. The flippin Pats have had a gravy schedule for 2 decades, nobody seems to give a rip.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15504
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Largent80 wrote:Whatever the schedule and strength of it. The Seahawks have the hardest road to hoe being in Seattle and travelling to the East coast for 10 a.m. (pst) games. They were 4-0 in those games and now after a playoff game also in the Eastern zone they are 8-1 for the year on the road. BEST in the NFL.

    5-0 in 10 AM east coast games
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24628
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Next


It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], TwilightError and 208 guests