Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marshawn"s role for Packers game

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Marshawn"s role for Packers game
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:12 pm
  • They used him in both the running and passing game today. Seems like he is relishing his reunion with the team. With two games in the books, do we see more of him next week?
    Keyhawk
    NET Starter

Re: Marshawn"s role for Packers game
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:20 pm
  • I would hope so, Homer is not meant to be a guy getting 15 runs up the middle. Get him in space, occasional off tackle/pitch. This offense needs a guy who can read the blocks, make one cut and go for 6 yards, and drag people forward.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:27 pm
  • Against Rodgers, Pete does not want a shoot out, he wants to eat clock, does not want Taller Russell Wilson to have a chance to win it. I expect run and run some more if we can. Homer, Lynch whomever can get yards,
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:38 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Against Rodgers, Pete does not want a shoot out, he wants to eat clock, does not want Taller Russell Wilson to have a chance to win it. I expect run and run some more if we can. Homer, Lynch whomever can get yards,

The question is how long will he wait while the run is not working till he gives the reins back to Wilson?
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:39 pm
  • I think they have managed his workload pretty well these first two games. He seems best as the short yardage back and receiving out of the backfield. I would keep him in those roles going forward. I'm not sure how good their run defense is but we will find out soon enough. The Niners had no problem with them, so there is that........
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:43 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Against Rodgers, Pete does not want a shoot out, he wants to eat clock, does not want Taller Russell Wilson to have a chance to win it. I expect run and run some more if we can. Homer, Lynch whomever can get yards,

The question is how long will he wait while the run is not working till he gives the reins back to Wilson?

Question is if the run works and they go heavy and win will people be happy.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:47 pm
  • Not sure where the Pack run D is rated, but PHilly was #3 and played like it this time. Their interior DLine is pretty solid.

I don't see why Marshawn's role could not continue to increase going forward. We'll have a normal week of practice, so more can be worked in.

I'm usually a :179417: kinda guy, but the game at Lambeau will be more difficult. I think we could pull it off, but not easily (is it ever?).
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:50 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Against Rodgers, Pete does not want a shoot out, he wants to eat clock, does not want Taller Russell Wilson to have a chance to win it. I expect run and run some more if we can. Homer, Lynch whomever can get yards,

That's a big if.

First on want to win. That is my main reason for wanting to run the tempo changing, layered route quick passing game. I think it gives us the best chance to win. I dont care if we run more out of it. I just want to run that offense, it works.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:54 pm
  • Since it’s a Marshawn thread I noticed he was off the bench and into the end zone to congratulate Metcalf. I love the little intangible he’s brought to the locker room.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:54 pm
  • sutz wrote:Not sure where the Pack run D is rated, but PHilly was #3 and played like it this time. Their interior DLine is pretty solid.

I don't see why Marshawn's role could not continue to increase going forward. We'll have a normal week of practice, so more can be worked in.

I'm usually a :179417: kinda guy, but the game at Lambeau will be more difficult. I think we could pull it off, but not easily (is it ever?).

GB is middle of the ride in both run and pass yards. However 9th in scoring defense.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:03 pm
  • I'm fine with Homer as long as he is not going to be continually used on runs up the middle like he was today, straight at there best defensive player. I think they should use Lynch as the primary back and use Homer as the change of pace guy working the edges. I'm very happy that Lynch was the one taking the carry on the play where Wilson could barely even hand the ball off before it was blown up. I have never been so happy with a 5 yard loss because I was just happy Marshawn hung on to that ball.
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:05 am
  • How legendary would it be for Marshawn to have a big game at Lambeau Field? Would be something for NFL films
    Eamon696
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:02 am
  • I would think Beast will have a couple of OL back for this game
    and will be pounding the rock more..
    Homer might get the edge runs for big plays..
    I'm feeling good about the RB situation now.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:23 pm
  • The only thing I'll say is that I'm disappointed in the amount of touches we gave him yesterday. I understand we weren't able to run for nothing yesterday but I was expecting a larger role for him this week. I'm hoping it was more of still easing him into the situation rather than maybe he just can't handle the load anymore. We're going to need at least something that resembles a running game this weekend and I can't see it being Homer leading the way. He's more of a complimentary back IMO.

Unleash the Beast!
    kmeleon
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:30 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:I would think Beast will have a couple of OL back for this game

I did not think we had anyone coming back. I thought the rest were out there for Philly. Who we got coming back?
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:31 pm
  • With only 6 carries and two receptions on 18 snaps in the Eagles game, Marshawn should be in prime shape for the Packers.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:36 pm
  • ML is really solid on protection and outlet plays. I expect to see more of that if we can't make any headway up the gut. It's when that begins paying some dividends that our passing game really cuts loose with the big stuff.
    Homer is a great kid and has some talent, but just isn't big enough for some of the stuff he's being asked to do. However, keep in mind he did a commendable job against a tough Niner front. Didn't rack up a ton of yards, but did cause them to stack the front allowing for the deep TD that followed. Even though that sensational score was brought back for penalty, it was the moment that our fortunes changed allowing us the opportunity for a comeback win...that unfortunately ended up a couple inches shy.
    Anyway, I'm expecting more chances for ML to be the BEAST in the immediate future.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:40 pm
  • Homer does well in an Ekeler-type of role. I don't see him doing well going down the middle, maybe he can learn who knows. But I noticed he thrives going towards the sidelines or in the passing game. So that could be better for him.
    GLio14
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:43 pm
  • A few screen passes to the Beast would do them well. Watching him throw that guy to the ground brought back a lot of memories.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:04 pm
  • Dude is a Football Unicorn
    Heyseed
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:29 pm
  • He's a stud, but we need to be realistic. He's a piece to the puzzle, and not the physical beast of old. Awesome teammate!
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:35 pm
  • Well, he did throw an Eagles player to the ground at the end of one of his runs. Clipped bird telling us Marshawn is a dirty player in 3.....2......1...…...
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:44 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I would think Beast will have a couple of OL back for this game

I did not think we had anyone coming back. I thought the rest were out there for Philly. Who we got coming back?

Brown could be back..Lupati is the other
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:24 pm
  • John63 wrote:

The other question is will you ever post anything different than this and riding in on your white horse to defend Wilson form every perceived slight whether real or not?
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:02 pm
  • Lynch might be utilized as a receiver just as much as a runner. He's terrific at running his routes and chipping, two essentials for a pass-catching back.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:59 pm
  • peppersjap wrote:I'm fine with Homer as long as he is not going to be continually used on runs up the middle like he was today, straight at there best defensive player. I think they should use Lynch as the primary back and use Homer as the change of pace guy working the edges. I'm very happy that Lynch was the one taking the carry on the play where Wilson could barely even hand the ball off before it was blown up. I have never been so happy with a 5 yard loss because I was just happy Marshawn hung on to that ball.

So totally THIS.

And Fletcher Cox was just tossing Joey Hunt aside like a rag doll each snap, making runs up the middle next to impossible. Hoping we get Iupati back, and in a perfect world, Duane Brown, so we can bring George Fant back to the Seahawks Outside Tackle spot, also known as TE.

I'd also like to see a few more fly sweeps with David Moore running them; he does well as a runner. Lockett hasn't done much on rushes for a while, and he's so much more important as a pass receiver.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:16 am
  • If we go Into this game thinking the old run at all cost and throw long will work is nuts. We need to go in running the same change tempo, layered quick passing offense and run from it.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:58 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    John63 wrote:

I will say that certain people won't be happy until we lose and thus confirms their opinion. In your scenario, they'll just find something else to complain about.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:55 am
  • this^^^ Doom and gloom enough, you'll eventually be "right" about them losing. Yeah, that sounds extra fun :?
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:38 am
  • kmeleon wrote:The only thing I'll say is that I'm disappointed in the amount of touches we gave him yesterday. I understand we weren't able to run for nothing yesterday but I was expecting a larger role for him this week. I'm hoping it was more of still easing him into the situation rather than maybe he just can't handle the load anymore. We're going to need at least something that resembles a running game this weekend and I can't see it being Homer leading the way. He's more of a complimentary back IMO.

Unleash the Beast!

Carroll better not be punking me!!! More Beast expected!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/pete-carroll-going-beast-mode-will-give-marshawn-lynch-more-playing-time-vs-packers/ar-BBYHMt8?li=BBnba9I
    kmeleon
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:27 am
  • Beastmode has always been great in the passing game and was always under utilized in that role by PC. When he is up to speed on screens, flares and Wheel routes he is a big load to bring down. If he was used in this role throughout his career he would have been a sure fire HOF'er.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information