DK is a super weapon

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
He's had his problems but he's been one of the best, if not the best rookie receivers in the league. Throughout the year he's improved and shown what he could be, a super weapon and potentially unstoppable. Seattle should foster this and make the playoffs his.

edogg23

Reaction score
It sure looked like he could have had 15 catches 200 plus yards out there easily if Seattle kept feeding him the ball. No one on the Eagles could cover him.

sutz

Reaction score
DK is the big, fast WR Pete has been looking for since he got here. So many FAs and draft picks along the way that didn't really work out.

Hope the kid can play his whole career here.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
toffee":2zxoyieq said:
RolandDeschain":2zxoyieq said:
EverydayImRusselin":2zxoyieq said:
He was a steal, plain and simple.
Thank God he slipped twice on his three-cone drill at the combine, lol.

He slipped?
Watch his three-cone drill video from the combine. You can watch him slip twice while running it, which is why his time was so high. It's hysterical how many draft pundits ragged on him for his 3-cone drill time without knowing this. Hell, forget draft pundits - real NFL scouts apparently, too, considering how far he slid in the draft.

Makes you wonder how much a lot of these professionals really "know"...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0 ... FL-combine

John63

Reaction score
I really liked the DK draft. All that said lets see how he is next week, During the year when he had an incredible game he disappeared the next. Consistency is tough for any rookie.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
John63":icmfjhi0 said:
I really liked the DK draft. All that said lets see how he is next week, During the year when he had an incredible game he disappeared the next. Consistency is tough for any rookie.
I wouldn't put that on him so much as I would put it on our offensive philosophy. We are always near the bottom of the league in pass attempts.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The best thing about that last catch today was that he went up to meet the ball instead of waiting on it. If he waited on it he possibly has a TD but he showed he cared more about the 1st down and the team. He is impressive as a player and as a person. I thought he had a great game vs SF last week too. I had high expectations when we drafted him and he has exceeded those!

John63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":275lorm0 said:
John63":275lorm0 said:
I wouldn't put that on him so much as I would put it on our offensive philosophy. We are always near the bottom of the league in pass attempts.

We through 30 times today we avg over 30 a game. So not an excuse. Hopefully his up and down changes

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
John63":2zpxpa9f said:
We through 30 times today we avg over 30 a game. So not an excuse. Hopefully his up and siqn changes
We also have a QB who will throw it to anyone, who loves to spread the ball around a lot. Russell doesn't just try to target favorites, though with Metcalf and Lockett being who they are, I think we could benefit from some of that preferential treatment, lol.

John63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1mwfth5e said:
John63":1mwfth5e said:
We through 30 times today we avg over 30 a game. So not an excuse. Hopefully his up and siqn changes
We also have a QB who will throw it to anyone, who loves to spread the ball around a lot. ⁸Russell doesn't just try to target favorites, though with Metcalf and Lockett being who they are, I think we could benefit from some of that preferential treatment, lol.

He is avg 7 targets a game .5 less than lockett. So again not an excuse. He like all rookies tend not to be consistent. Let's hope now having 2 Good games in a row 1 against a good defense and 1 in the playoffs helps him. Besides after DK and Lockett we are pretty pedestrian...sorry Doug.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
John63":3bcsg9xc said:
RolandDeschain":3bcsg9xc said:
John63":3bcsg9xc said:

We through 30 times today we avg over 30 a game. So not an excuse. Hopefully his up and down changes
He's not up and down. He's 3rd in yards and TDs among rookie WRs. That's up. Normally WRs take time transitioning to the pro game, going against pro DBs every week, etc. Metcalf's regular-season stats put him #34 among all NFL WRs, which is just fine for a rookie.

Today his 160 yards set the NFL record for receiving yards by a rookie in a playoff game. That it came on only 7 receptions, means an average of almost 23 yards per reception, which is pretty phenomenal.

The other 5 rookies who have played in playoff games this year had 92 yards on 6 receptions, combined.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":38ki1dh6 said:
John63":38ki1dh6 said:
RolandDeschain":38ki1dh6 said:
John63":38ki1dh6 said:

He's not up and down. He's 3rd in yards and TDs among rookie WRs. That's up. Normally WRs take time transitioning to the pro game, going against pro DBs every week, etc. Metcalf's regular-season stats put him #34 among all NFL WRs, which is just fine for a rookie.

Today his 160 yards set the NFL record for receiving yards by a rookie in a playoff game. That it came on only 7 receptions, means an average of almost 23 yards per reception, which is pretty phenomenal.

The other 5 rookies who have played in playoff games this year had 92 yards on 6 receptions, combined.
The goofy thing about Metcalf is he is still incredibly raw as a player. Think of what he will become when he cashes in on his potential? I've seen huge growth in his skillset just in ONE year. He came in as one of the more raw WR's yet he was able to hang with players with more refined skillsets. He's going to be a monster.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
Eagles fan here. Agreed. DK is a beast. For some reason the Eagles wanted JJAW.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
My eyes deceiving me. Dude covered 40 yards in an effortless 16 steps before the ball arrives. On field view it doesnt appear he is averaging 7.5 foot strides but he did?

sutz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":15w4xzq7 said:
toffee":15w4xzq7 said:
RolandDeschain":15w4xzq7 said:
EverydayImRusselin":15w4xzq7 said:
He was a steal, plain and simple.
Thank God he slipped twice on his three-cone drill at the combine, lol.

He slipped?
Watch his three-cone drill video from the combine. You can watch him slip twice while running it, which is why his time was so high. It's hysterical how many draft pundits ragged on him for his 3-cone drill time without knowing this. Hell, forget draft pundits - real NFL scouts apparently, too, considering how far he slid in the draft.

Makes you wonder how much a lot of these professionals really "know"...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0 ... FL-combine
I'm not so sure that was all of the reason. There was a of talk about how DK couldn't run any routes other than a go/fly route, probably because he didn't in many of his college games. Slipping in the 3-cone drill probably piggy backed on to that perception. Thankfully, our staff dug a little deeper and grabbed him when they did.

Everything about this kid seems to scream future star, so I'm looking forward to the next few years.

And for those wanting to label him "inconsistant" I don't see him as any worse than any rookie and my perception was that he got better as the season went along, and just had his best game in his biggest game yet. Kind of the definition of "budding star."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He is a flat out beast. Just a month ago people were calling him butterfingers etc. Glad he continued to grind and he doesn't look like a rook at all.

sutz

Reaction score
Oh, and just to add a bit to how DK is progressing. On that last incredible catch, DK actually made a move on the DB. It was subtle, and not really a full stop and go route, but just as DK was closing with the DB he made a little hesitation step. It froze the DB just enough for DK to run right by him. Just saw that on one of the replays. It's not obvious, but it's there.

That's some first rate WR smarts and quicks there.